Development - what's going on?!
(09-10-2020, 01:40 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: -Snip

Good ideas and things like this should've happened when you were owner. I could imagine you are kicking yourself for not doing things like this and the decision you have made.

You will find that ideas like this will probably never happen on FL. Many players who hardly play on FL will tend to complain and - support suggestions because they don't like change. Many reasons will be 'Too Dark RP' or 'Not needed'. Majority of the old players prefer the old ways, which don't work anymore and refuse to think about changes. Dark RP servers have more players because the content is more fun and enjoyable to play. Having content like dark RP isn't a bad thing. FL just needs to change minor things to the addons to make it suitable for Fearless.
The following 1 user Likes Molyneux481's post:
  • SoulRipper
(09-10-2020, 01:40 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think what Fearless needs is to focus completely on things to do in-game. The forum, pages and stuff are fine.

For new players there would be enough to discover and to play with. But for long-term members there needs to be something new to do.

Yesterday I was playing for about half an hour on the server. It was fun to meet some people there, but I kept asking myself the question: What can I do? I think if you play CityRP for a few years, you simply have done everything already multiple times.
Maybe there should be a more competitive aspect introduced, such as ranking up your character. Every rank point unlocks new things to do (that need to be developed yet). Now the competition is about ingame money, inventory value and roleplay points. I would suggest to take a look at the last popular big games and see what they have done to keep the player interested.

If the player amount stays this low, it would also be a good idea to make new updates that are enjoyable without player interaction. If it's more interesting to join a quiet server, there will be some players online, and more people will join like a chain reaction.

One more idea, I know this sounds crazy. If you look at a certain competitor, there's the same problem regarding player activity. Maybe try to re-unite! The main reason for the split was because of disagreements between myself and former staff members. Now that I have no role anymore, there could be an opportunity.

I do realise it's a challenge so I wish Edned and Darrell, and the others involved, lot of luck.

I love most of the ideas you introduced, what I always respected about you was how open minded you were. However reuniting with them is just a terrible move. Ever since the split the two communities focused on different aspects. What they mainly did is focus on releasing one update after the other putting no time into optimization and now they've ended up with a server that low spec PCs can not run. Not to mention that their community is in a worse state than we are, when it comes to players donations etc.

FL would not benefit from this, we would just have to carry dead weight.
(09-09-2020, 11:06 AM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: ... Fuck the map dude. No-one wants a fucking map.

No-one wants a fucking map. Its a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

No, most people get horrid FPS in city and this is great news. Stop being so negative and speaking for everyone.
Respectfully,

Hooter
(09-10-2020, 04:22 PM)Hooter Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 11:06 AM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: ... Fuck the map dude. No-one wants a fucking map.

No-one wants a fucking map. Its a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

No, most people get horrid FPS in city and this is great news. Stop being so negative and speaking for everyone.

Back to asslicking Hooter, I see. He is being realistic, not negative. It's just weak minded people don't get that.