Ryan
Your Name: Lewwings

Accused Staff Member: Ryan

Involved users
Qannter

Date & Time (GMT): 30/8/20 @ ~ 8pm GMT

Abuse of Power? and/or Infringement of the rules?
Abuse of power

Explanation and Evidence
This evening I stumbled across the fact that I have received a forum warning. This news was a shock to me as I always make sure that my posts are within the rules of the FL services, apparently one administrator disagrees with this and has made it their goal to warn me over a small infraction, too small of an infraction to even be important, but that will be discussed later.

A few days ago I posted on Qannter’s forum profile with a comment I personally cannot remember, however it was possibly something along the lines of “You’re weak, grow up”, which is not insulting because I have not treated him with “scornful abuse” (google definition), nor have I disrespected him as I have not displayed “a lack of courtesy”. I was giving my personal opinion of a member in a polite, calm, and open manner, as I believed and still do believe that Qannter is very immature and is very weak when it comes to how he structures his arguments. My evidence for this is all public knowledge, just go to any of his “news” threads or any major discussions he is involved with, and you will see my point.

According to Ryan, who is the main topic of this thread, Qannter contacted him to have my post removed, which Ryan did, and that I have no quarrel with. What I do have an issue with though is the fact that he decided to give me a 30% forum warning, which I believe is un-necessary and abusive. It is no secret that I dislike the fact that Ryan has the rank he has, and I do believe that this is his way of more or less teaching me a lesson for daring to be against his promotion. I have not broken any rules, and in fact I am not known for toxicity or being mingy on the forums, so why slap me with a warning?

I also believe Ryan himself possesses immaturity which is easily displayed by the end of our DM conversation about my warning points:

[Image: unknown.png]

Please can we put an end to nonsensical punishments?

- Lewwings

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Hi,

Appreciate the definitions. Sorry that you feel that way about your punishment however due to the fact I don't recite googles definitions I personally believe infact you were insulting and disrespectful towards Qannter.

Also, I would like to add the first rule of the examples of things that are NOT abuse states:
  • Punishing you in various forms, even if you don't like the reason.*
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
Good evening,

In your reply you stated that "I personally believe infact you were insulting and disrespectful towards Qannter", this is important as you used a certain word which indicates that you were willing to punish me without proof and/or use your personal opinion of me to influence how you issued such a punishment. My reason for believing this, yet again, comes from the dictionary:

[Image: unknown.png]

I would like to add to this case, that you punished me without hearing my side of the story, you didn't know at the time whether or not my intention was to insult or disrespect Qannter. Of course now, you know that my intention was not to insult or disrespect him as I stated in my OP. What really boggles me is your willingness to issue out a punishment towards me in such a rushed and under-the-radar way, if anything, a Player Report should of been made against me by Qannter, which would of allowed me to state my case and point of view and allow for a fair and open judgement. Furthermore, Qannter could of came to me personally and simply asked that I remove/edit my message, which I would of been fine with, as my intention was not to berate him, but to simply let him know my opinion of him in a polite, calm, and open manner.

In addition to this, what really confuses me is that while Ryan was awarding me with silly warning points, there is ongoing rule infractions on a serious level over in the Off-Topic subforum. The fact that I am punished for something so small while a flamewar is allowed to carry on, unmoderated, really does show the priorities of this administrator, and some could even argue that it shows the priorities of the team as a whole too.

To conclude this post, while Ryan does bring up that what I am reporting him for something which does appear under the "Not abuse" banner, I would like to remind him of a little asterisk (*) next to it, as I believe this case in unique and is an exception as I have provided a mature and serious case, and I am not simply flaming in an unproductive way.

I look forward to any future replies.

- Lewwings

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Good evening Lewwings,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write this report. With that said, I do not believe that this case is an exception to the rule. You were punished, and you aren't happy with it. Feel free to appeal this (the unban request section would probably be most sufficient), however this isn't abuse.

Closed.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.