Roadmap for FL??
It's honestly just sad to see where this community is heading, a lot of promises were made and none were actually followed through. The community is falling apart and nothing is being done to prevent it from happening, it seems like FL is just being squeezed from its last pennies before it will be left to die. 

A lot of community members are expressing their opinions about the current situation, it shows that a lot of people still care about the community and want it to thrive, but what can we do when the person highest up is not willing to change for the better. I am sure the community would be better off with another owner who would be more passionate about the community, Divey has been an owner for quite a while now and pretty much nothing has been done from his side to improve the state of the community. I'm pretty sure Divey had good intentions when he took over FL, I just think his priorities are elsewhere than FL and thus he is not spending the time he should on this community.

Will Divey be willing to give up the community to someone who is more passionate and who will be willing to spend time & money on the community? I highly doubt this will happen, but it would be the best solution for FL. Do it before it's too late, I don't think FL got long if it continues like this, the community is falling apart.
The following 4 users Like Rylund's post:
  • Luna, User 21796, Pollux, Lewwings
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=96174

switch owners ? (i would hand it to jan btw)
FL doesn't need a roadmap, it needs a noose
The following 2 users Like Kappa's 3rd DA's post:
  • User 21796, Lewwings
If this seems like something new to someone then this 2 year old thread should shed some light on the situation we're having once again. https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=89756

Soulripper has some good points here too: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?ti...#pid856822

I haven't been following the community in a long time. However, only recently I came to lurk on the forums and I'm shocked to hear that a developer gets 50k ingame money as a reward considering the donations in the past have been quite extensive.

At least on Limelight developers got real money and a donator could choose to hand over their donation money to either admins or the developers. As someone already said, it's an insult to the developers.

I'm not saying the server was doing all that good during Soulripper's era, thus Limelight was created to try and solve the issues FL had with the lack of updating the content or keeping the players under control. FL both on the surface is very outdated by 2020's standards when it comes to the server's content, even Limelight seems to be somewhat outdated nowadays and Limelight has much newer looking content. There was a time when Fearless seemed fresh and up to date and unique but with all these other addons and servers out there advancing over the simple vanilla dark rp server, content wise fearless just seems less compelling with its outdated content now.

Fearless lacks many role play enhancing features and standards when it comes to the semi serious role play it used to be profiled as. It's nearly impossible and less and less satisfying to role play on the server as the usual player doesn't seem to care or grasp the concept of role playing. Other than playing the game as if we're on a typical Dark RDM server where it's all cops and robbers and the biggest rp is president doing something irrational and funny which is alright too but if that's the biggest role play we often see here, it's not looking good. What happened to all the passive role plays? Is the current generation of role players simply too different to the old player base which quit long ago? Where's all the creativity and people fighting for those role play points or was it only an illusion, a carrot for the thirsty longing for status and respect alone and not actually getting satisfaction out of role playing deeply and having their character develop over a long period of time and the role play situation develop wherever it goes. After being demoted from a police officer by a corrupt president, is the only option to do /job freedom fighter and kill the president instead of becoming a homeless citizen living amids cardboard boxes and trash on the side of the road or living in a dark alley and succumbing to the world of drug addict. Think about it, when do you see anything imaginative happen. This isn't even imaginative but it seems to be for some people.

• Having an extensive development team isn't a requirement for a gmod server to flourish nowadays. Bought addons from sites like gmodstore could become a thing. Random people have been doing some great work there and you can always request addons to be made from there by setting an offer and someone will either accept it or negotiate for the price.

• There's a serious lack of standards when it comes to enforcing the rules. Now, I don't blame the individual admins but the newer admins having grown on the server role play wise seem to have lower standards compared to the admin team before the Limelight split several years ago. Remember when driving over this little grass area as a citizen or without a good, visible rp reason landed you on an admin sit?

Spoiler: The red arrows mark the rule breaking shortcut
    [Image: LEKzhj0.jpg]

• Isn't vcmod on Fearless years old too. Surely newer versions have been optimized or have some hefty features to offer.

• TL;DR: What took so long to reimplement the current weapon mod? Remember the weapon mod FL had for a short period of time before the Limelight split (about 2015?)? I do because it's the same one FL has added back only 'recently', why only now? What took so long? Did people really like the arcady shooting on a role play server that aims to base itself on real life with a semi serious, fun rp twist to it. The arcady weapons have broken my immersion on so many occasions that I can't even point them all out but one example I like to point out is that a building taken over by few criminals is surrounded by the whole police forces, 6 police officers and 4 swats yet one criminal runs out and no one manages to do a thing to him because the guns do little to no damage, especially to kevlar. At least with the newer, more realistic weapons these kinds of situations are much more bearable. The current weapon addon has much better features such as attachments which makes it both interactive and fun to play around with (even on a shooting range) and provides the gun dealer job also more interesting sales speech situations and more things to sell.

• Why is gun dealer by default still a fixed player model? Why not have all the citizen player models available to avoid situations on the street like "Gun dealer! Gun dealer! Sell me some ammo!" - Breaks the immersion and makes the job itself feel more like a weapon dispenser not to mention ruins all smuggling attempts when president decides to make weapon selling and owning illegal.
    Same applies to every job out there except government jobs for which the requirement is to have a standard uniform. For example: Corleone, rebels, the cook, doctor etc. At least give them all options to change in to the same normal citizen clothing when they wish to have a day off the shop.

• Why is it so easy to metagame? Jobs and name shouldn't be visible on a player until they have identified the said character to another player. Perhaps an ID card could be used and such could be shown by a simple command or a 'weapon'. With the current player base these kinds of simple things shouldn't be possible to do.

• Allow changing of clothes at a closet which you could place ONLY in a building you own (or have you friend spawn one), but NOT face so people couldn't get away with crimes so easily.

• Why are the same old kevlars that aren't even physically visible on the player model still here? Lizard's city rp 3 which was on for a short period of time for some testing had this awesome kevlar addon that displayed visible kevlar model on a character that had one in use. Think of all the situations where this enhanced role play and brings much more immersion on to the table. A security guard could question a citizen wearing a kevlar in a presidential speech situation and refuse entry for numerous reasons. I believe the addon is public, available either on workshop or on gmodstore.

• Why isn't it strictly against the rules to drive around recklessly like a maniac as a citizen (or any role) without any background or in character reason. These aren't valid reasons to do so: "It saves time" or "I'm a criminal".

• Remember when having a job like "Thug" was considered too vague was against the rules? (This may have been on Limelight too, the line between the 2 communities sometimes is vague for me even though the communities are completely different. I believe the problem was that essentially as one you could do anything without even having any background role play unless the rule was enforced.

• Me and my friends used to say that do we go to the "minge server" or "role play" based on our mood on those days when it was either Limelight or Fearless. Yes, it's been a minge fest for years in my opinion and not only during nights.

• Don't you hate that a player is searched by a police officer and goes through a metal detector and is then allowed to have a meeting with the president as there's no way he could harm the president. Upstairs, in the president's office the player pulls out a gun out of nowhere even though he was searched.
    Possible solutions:
    1. Have admins watch the players constantly. Only that leaves no time for the admins to role play ever and they have enough on their hands already.
    2. Improve the inventory system. There could be a bank or some kind of storage system from which you'd have to get your inventory items. It could be a physical object in the map and there could be multiple of these around the map, some in less populated areas and some in populated areas. It could even be an npc standing around. Once a player takes an item out of the storage system, the player equips the item making it impossible to run in to a place like the police department with an assault rifle making pistols and other small weapons much more viable. There should be no room for fail rping like this which doesn't land you a ban by the way. Maybe changes like this will guide players towards role playing and scheming as criminals instead of taking out guns and shooting 2 seconds later.

• No one wants to play as a gun dealer as it's often seen as a weapon dispenser thus people just self supply their weapons (or have their friend sell them at no profit or very minimal one to fool the admins) or buy in large quantities to minimize the times they have to visit a gun dealer which discourages people wanting to role play as a gun dealer to actually set up a nice shop and keep one running. A constant flow of customers would make a gun shop much more interesting to keep running. Here's yet another passive role play side to have running constantly on the server.
    Possible solutions:
    1. Have admins watch the players self supply thus wasting their time on yet another thing. OR...
    2. Limit inventory space drastically (at least weapon and ammo wise) or increase weapon and ammo item sizes therefore filling everyone's inventory with just a few weapons. This along with the above suggestion regarding inventory management could prove useful and cause criminals to actually use gun shops.
    As how things are right now, might as well just add a section to buy weapons from in the F1 menu because no one uses the gun dealer job to role play on.

Since the server has always had more aggressive role players why none of them appreciate these combat changing addons? Have they all been clinging towards the health kit spam all these years so much that they don't even want to see weapons that are capable of instantly killing a person before he manages to get in to cover to waste another pair of medkits?

To add, I believe the main issue is that there's nothing to enforce players to play properly. Depressingly high amount of the daily player base sees the usual outcome of raising taxes above the magical line of 20% as an alright way to handle the situation even year after year. I'm talking about /tax 40 which is followed by an instant /job freedom fighter or a raid if there's already rebels or a gang which is often the case.

No, I'm not asking for the strict by the book type of rule following. Rules in my opinion should be viewed as guidelines only but not absolutes. Every situation is unique, especially if the player has some background rp or doesn't cause any harm to anyone's role playing experience on the server. What I'm asking mostly are standards as this isn't Dark Rdm, or is it because I see no difference.
The following 6 users Like Joulle's post:
  • Pollux, Yonno, ART, Joe Joe, Ratatoskrr, Seany00