Where is the development?
Hey folks, Tony here! Where on Earth is the development? I haven't seen a worthwhile update added to the servers in years. I think the players should be able to vote on certain scripts approved by the development team and thereafter have a deadline posted. The inconsistent and often absent updates for Fearless are, in my opinion at least, dragging the server populations down. Not to mention the all-around interest for this gamemode. You can say the weapon update was recent, but in reality, it was made years ago by Faustie. I can't think of a real example for a major update in recent years and I would like to see some! I think the development team could be doing a better job at this. Not chirping, just mentioning that there are better ways to organize and efficiently seek out the interests of the community, etc..

Thoughts?

Thanks,
  Tony
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • Dimitris
I think more transparency is something that would be appreciated, we had this for a while but we lost it. Teaser channel hasn't been used in months and we lost the roadmap when the forums were reverted. Otherwise I'm sure the devs are doing the best they can, but it's hard to know when we are told very little.
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
In all fairness, with constant posts on the forums, and people in OOC chat moaning constantly at developers i can see why there hasnt been an update in a while, and even when there is updates people still moan can you imagine working hours and hours a day on coding for a Community that does nothing but chat down to the devs if i was a dev i wouldnt want to give a community who gives nothing but toxicity constant updates, i know it seems stupid but for all we know the devs could be working on something massive right now you just dont know, We dont need 50 updates a month to enjoy roleplaying that is the way i look at it last few days has been amazing constant events, roleplays lots to do, lots going on there has been dull moments as well but that happens.
The following 6 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Arikame, Kappatalist, Ivan Tempski, RedPanda, Bobby Shmicki, Edned
(07-20-2020, 10:26 AM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: In all fairness, with constant posts on the forums, and people in OOC chat moaning constantly at developers i can see why there hasnt been an update in a while, and even when there is updates people still moan can you imagine working hours and hours a day on coding for a Community that does nothing but chat down to the devs if i was a dev i wouldnt want to give a community who gives nothing but toxicity constant updates, i know it seems stupid but for all we know the devs could be working on something massive right now you just dont know, We dont need 50 updates a month to enjoy roleplaying that is the way i look at it last few days has been amazing constant events, roleplays lots to do, lots going on there has been dull moments as well but that happens.

Which is why we need to pay them. So it doesn't matter if we chat shit about them or say there coding sucks because they are still getting bank. (Not saying any of that is true just an example <3)
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
The following 1 user Likes Grizzly's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
I feel it's really hard to judge development unless you're a developer or know that stuff. I have absolutely 0 knowledge in development stuff, so I have no idea how long the development time is. Would be good if a developers themselves game some info about the current development. Could the development process be more effective? How could we boost motivation? Do they feel the community is too toxic towards them? Etc.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 2 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Grizzly, Kappatalist
Developers have been offered pay for the projects they're in the planning stages for/working on - whether they chose to disclose projects is down to the Developers. Some Devs work well under pressure, some don't and that should be respected. Whatever is best for their working style really. We're planning on a new section of the forums where Devs can lay out future updates and bounce ideas off of the community if they so wish to do so. Otherwise, we've just got to sit tight and wait. Some will come sooner than others.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • Alphaverse
I actually applied for contributor, passed through all the tasks and waited for a conclusion like for 3 months, and then Conn just wanted to deny it because my attitude to him wasn't good without even discussing it with the development team. And I never said anything bad to him or something personal that could harass him in anyway. Probably because I'm not a part of that cool guys gang, which is I think the main problem in FL which makes most people demotivated to play these days, biased staff. Because you either don't want to be a part of that 'stupid' group or just can't join in. Can't even think of it rebounding to development as well.
(07-20-2020, 09:36 PM)Syntax Wrote: I actually applied for contributor, passed through all the tasks and waited for a conclusion like for 3 months, and then Conn just wanted to deny it because my attitude to him wasn't good without even discussing it with the development team. And I never said anything bad to him or something personal that could harass him in anyway. Probably because I'm not a part of that cool guys gang, which is I think the main problem in FL which makes most people demotivated to play these days, biased staff. Because you either don't want to be a part of that 'stupid' group or just can't join in. Can't even think of it rebounding to development as well.

I received a ban for something that people of my hours with the true claim I've made were let of. That is because the staff team does not like me. The main issue is biased staff members and clueless ones too, people that change their mind on identical cases and you end up with a punishment due to them. Maybe inactive ones are also an issue?
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Byra
(07-20-2020, 09:53 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 09:36 PM)Syntax Wrote: I actually applied for contributor, passed through all the tasks and waited for a conclusion like for 3 months, and then Conn just wanted to deny it because my attitude to him wasn't good without even discussing it with the development team. And I never said anything bad to him or something personal that could harass him in anyway. Probably because I'm not a part of that cool guys gang, which is I think the main problem in FL which makes most people demotivated to play these days, biased staff. Because you either don't want to be a part of that 'stupid' group or just can't join in. Can't even think of it rebounding to development as well.

I received a ban for something that people of my hours with the true claim I've made were let of. That is because the staff team does not like me. The main issue is biased staff members and clueless ones too, people that change their mind on identical cases and you end up with a punishment due to them. Maybe inactive ones are also an issue?

Can agree with you guys on this, I've had experiences with some team that just feels like they had a bias against me and acted antagonistic, condescending and in ways that they wouldn't have if it was anyone else, seen bans been handed out to others that just seem based off of bias too, one person in particular in recent time lmao. Not personally had a negative experience with Conn thus far though, just some other staff, even though Im mainly on the discord I was considering checking out the server again, but the impression I've gotten from it hasn't been too great.
I'll quote my resignation;

"The Developers are a blessing to this community and the root of their demotivation is totally understandable...The work of a Developer is by far the fundamental building block of a community and sometimes it seems that they are underappreciated...by the playerbase"

The Developers can make updates as much as they want and I agree the pay is a nice new incentive; however, any time there is a new update a large section of the community go up in arms over it; and surprisingly that's not going to motivate them much is it?
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 2 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Arikame, Edned