Server Dead | 10 People Average | Divey what you doing?
**yawn**
Can we get a new rule banning this kind of thread?

It's like spam across the years this server has been open for.

On another note when does this double account get banned?
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
Right now I am positive for the playercount, sure enough we are nowhere near where we want to be but we have gotten a decent playercount in the weekends and been on a 10 - 20 surge in the weekdays (picking up to around 25 at around 20:00 to 22:00). While in the weekends varying from 10 people in the morning to 30 - 45 in the evenings (dropping off after 12). This is indeed way more than we ever could have hoped for a few months ago.

But let's try to turn this thread into something useful! Write some suggestions of what you think needs to be done to get more players and come with some proper suggestion that are realistic to implement.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I.e. we have already worked together to get the Black Market Dealer to be able to spawn pots and contraband again. 
(THANKS TO THE DEVELOPER TEAM.)  - Something I think personally will help bring more value into the job and hopefully encourage more people to go Black Market Dealer again, making growing weed and buying stuff for everyone else on the server a lot easier and a viable option as there will almost always be an available BMD.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • max., Spartan_KCT
in other news the enderdragon has been slain on the official fl minecraft server!
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • Jimmy The
Their nothing ownership can do. We need to make FL better again as we need to play first then talk. 10 people average. Is not good? You say FL dead but we have 10 people average so what that means? Ownership is not an easy thing. He working every day. He just needs some time. We need to work hard to get FL better again. He just a single person and a human. He also has some personal matters.I not trying to hurt you all but we need play first.

[Image: FxgIzrl.png]
[Image: 0SSh1TN.png]
(07-13-2020, 12:49 AM)SolderInDuty Wrote: Their nothing ownership can do. We need to make FL better again as we need to play first then talk. 10 people average. Is not good? You say FL dead but we have 10 people average so what that means? Ownership is not an easy thing. He working every day. He just needs some time. We need to work hard to get FL better again. He just a single person and a human. He also has some personal matters.I not trying to hurt you all but we need play first.

[Image: FxgIzrl.png]

First of all many of those active users on the forums are bots ( Crawlers ). Why would people play when nothing happens in terms of updates. Why would they play on such an outdated and dead server. When people first join or when some decide ri return to see what's up they see nothing to keep them interested. Also I feel like lengthy unnessecary punishments are handed to people and not just old players that know the rules, even on newbies.

Now you are a new player so you still got all that hype for fl but players like me that have been here for many years have lost that. Most of my friends are banned or have stopped playing, I own every clothing and every car on the game so not only do I have not many friends to play with but I also have nothing to work towards to. 

If you think a new guy like you is more upset to see fl on that state more than someone like me, who have met a good amount of people who he calls friends and had played this server for the last 6 years now, well then you are dead wrong. So don't tell me or any other oldie to play when there is nothing to motivate us towards that.

//phone
The following 2 users Like Dimitris's post:
  • max., Lewwings
Ngl im enjoying FL atm,

I Gave away my whole inventory not too long ago and have been grinding money, setting challenges, roleplaying ect, So many things been happening recently like massive groups defending off UM, Slums take overs, Zombie Roleplays, PD raids, Crackhouse RP, Hide N Seek

FL appears to be in a bad place from views but i am actually enjoying it again, always getting new ideas on how to enjoy it, getting groups of people together, helping new players by inviting them to my base, telling them how to make money and giving them guns, kevlar, ammo, med kits and Server some days is doing well like 40 players on like 1-4 times a week.
The following 4 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Kappatalist, Haarek, Strange Neo, Molyneux481
(07-12-2020, 11:50 PM)Midget Wrote: Right now I am positive for the playercount, sure enough we are nowhere near where we want to be but we have gotten a decent playercount in the weekends and been on a 10 - 20 surge in the weekdays (picking up to around 25 at around 20:00 to 22:00). While in the weekends varying from 10 people in the morning to 30 - 45 in the evenings (dropping off after 12). This is indeed way more than we ever could have hoped for a few months ago.

But let's try to turn this thread into something useful! Write some suggestions of what you think needs to be done to get more players and come with some proper suggestion that are realistic to implement.

This Saturday the server didn't go above 25 players on the evening which is just bad..
Lightbulb 
Well first things first,

I dont assume that it is Divey's fault that the server is in its current state - He didnt own this server for very long. This community has been on a downscale for a while (As of i've heard from friends, and seen on the forums, while I was in FL jails)

Now, second of all. You dont need a full 50/50 server to have a great time. Less than 10 minutes ago, I had the best RP i've ever had since I joined FL - And we're only 4 people online. With great usage of /me, and emotes, we had a very deep and immersive RP. 
The server only feels dead if you're not trying to actively start an RP, and it dosent have to contain weapons and aggresive roleplay.. If you just walk up and talk to people, like I did today, you get some of the greatest unexpected RP experiences, you never thought you'd be able to get. And when you do, it dosent feel dead at all.

Now, yes, I agree, it could be great to have a full server though - And I believe the first step is to put the server back to CityRP. Most people who join DarkRP, got a whole different idea of what the server is supposed to "bring". People join to do some fun mingin etc ( witnessed that, just by the last 4 days) - and when they see a bunch of semi-serious RP people, they'll just vanish again. So imo, put it back into Semi-serious RP,  in order to hit the proper right audience. Better to have 1 person joining every day which stays, than 20 but leaves within hours.  

There's been alot of events lately, but so far, the only 5 ive seen was either alien RP or nothing related to RP at all. I think there should be more in-game events (Also spontanious events). Not just alien attacks. 

And lastly - More admins. Once the last admin leaves, the whole server turns into Call of duty. 

Sorry for spelling mistakes, this was written while in-game and RP'ing  X_x

Please let me know your thoughts? am I wrong? 
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(07-13-2020, 05:15 AM)M0x Wrote: Well first things first,

I dont assume that it is Divey's fault that the server is in its current state - He didnt own this server for very long. This community has been on a downscale for a while (As of i've heard from friends, and seen on the forums, while I was in FL jails)

Now, second of all. You dont need a full 50/50 server to have a great time. Less than 10 minutes ago, I had the best RP i've ever had since I joined FL - And we're only 4 people online. With great usage of /me, and emotes, we had a very deep and immersive RP. 
The server only feels dead if you're not trying to actively start an RP, and it dosent have to contain weapons and aggresive roleplay.. If you just walk up and talk to people, like I did today, you get some of the greatest unexpected RP experiences, you never thought you'd be able to get. And when you do, it dosent feel dead at all.

Now, yes, I agree, it could be great to have a full server though - And I believe the first step is to put the server back to CityRP. Most people who join DarkRP, got a whole different idea of what the server is supposed to "bring". People join to do some fun mingin etc ( witnessed that, just by the last 4 days) - and when they see a bunch of semi-serious RP people, they'll just vanish again. So imo, put it back into Semi-serious RP,  in order to hit the proper right audience. Better to have 1 person joining every day which stays, than 20 but leaves within hours.  

There's been alot of events lately, but so far, the only 5 ive seen was either alien RP or nothing related to RP at all. I think there should be more in-game events (Also spontanious events). Not just alien attacks. 

And lastly - More admins. Once the last admin leaves, the whole server turns into Call of duty. 

Sorry for spelling mistakes, this was written while in-game and RP'ing  X_x

Please let me know your thoughts? am I wrong? 

Well I personally prefer aggressive roleplaying, who am I going to fight if there are 10 people on the server, 2 of them are AFK and others are afk contra farming or just running around the city doing fuck all. Also I dont get give all of you guys keep excusing Divey. He and the rest of the team had the best chance to create a player base during the lockdown and yet they failed due to lack of updates.