FL DEAD
Wink 
(07-03-2020, 07:56 AM)Kiro Wrote: just use a fake playercount that says that there are like 32/50 on the server but when people join there is only 4 players or smth

That is a very bad idea, this is exactly what superior servers did along with making proxy servers to gain players. Facepunch removed them from the server browser for some time, they also said if it happens again they will be gone for good and not come back to the server browser  Upside_down
(07-03-2020, 09:38 AM)Rylund Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 07:56 AM)Kiro Wrote: just use a fake playercount that says that there are like 32/50 on the server but when people join there is only 4 players or smth

That is a very bad idea, this is exactly what superior servers did along with making proxy servers to gain players. Facepunch removed them from the server browser for some time, they also said if it happens again they will be gone for good and not come back to the server browser  Upside_down
yeah I was joking tho haha, I know other servers that did this and not only on gmod lol
The following 1 user Likes horror's post:
  • Rylund
imagine doing an even worse job than soul
The following 7 users Like JackZ's post:
  • User 21796, Magnus, L Y N C H Y, Dimitris, Lewwings, Tails59, Molyneux481
That's what you get for constantly ignoring your community & your own staff team if they want to actually bring change for the better.

For the time Divey's been the "owner" of FL he kept up what he has done for years as an SA: hang around with your own pathetic circle of friends, "roleplaying" in the most cringeworthy ways and actively working against the people of the community that could have helped.

Thing with SoulRipper was, he was mostly inactive (and still much easier to reach as staff then Divey has been) but he didn't actively work against change, Divey does.

I agree with the others: stop making a fool out of yourself and put FL out of its misery.
The following 12 users Like Jan's post:
  • Magnus, Mist, Rylund, Dimitris, User 21796, Balls, Lewwings, Bobby, Tails59, Molyneux481, konsta, BoggoCoggo
(07-03-2020, 01:02 PM)The Captain Wrote: imagine doing an even worse job than soul
Revert FL back to 2011 and 2012. That's when shit was booming. Fuck all those updates. You're pushing an agenda that is screaming DarkRP with every single update that is being made. You are losing players because they liked the semi-serious aspect. FL was one of the damn 'founding fathers' of the "semi-serious" tag. And it worked because it wasn't entirely serious, but it wasn't DarkRP either. My tiny voice amongst many told you not to switch to DarkRP, you did, you got a slight boost for some time. Look at it now. Just pull the plug from FL's respirator. GMod is still thriving, but FL has taken one too many wrong steps in a direction that sent us all into a downward spiral.

Stop saying that we can fix it if we act fast. I've been around since 2012, and yes, a slight increase in the playerbase happens when something major/drastic happens, because people are intrigued to see "what will they do now?!". But it dies out so quick, due to FL having moved away from its roots. It's a damn shame to see the higher-ups close their eyes when the community stand up the most.
The following 5 users Like Mist's post:
  • Rylund, Balls, Lewwings, Eclipze, god
(07-03-2020, 02:00 PM)Jan Wrote: That's what you get for constantly ignoring your community & your own staff team if they want to actually bring change for the better.

For the time Divey's been the "owner" of FL he kept up what he has done for years as an SA: hang around with your own pathetic circle of friends, "roleplaying" in the most cringeworthy ways and actively working against the people of the community that could have helped.

Thing with SoulRipper was, he was mostly inactive (and still much easier to reach as staff then Divey has been) but he didn't actively work against change, Divey does.

I agree with the others: stop making a fool out of yourself and put FL out of its misery.

Divey has a bigger ego than soul that's why.
(07-03-2020, 02:18 PM)Mist Wrote: Revert FL back to 2011 and 2012. That's when shit was booming. Fuck all those updates. You're pushing an agenda that is screaming DarkRP with every single update that is being made. You are losing players because they liked the semi-serious aspect. FL was one of the damn 'founding fathers' of the "semi-serious" tag. And it worked because it wasn't entirely serious, but it wasn't DarkRP either. My tiny voice amongst many told you not to switch to DarkRP, you did, you got a slight boost for some time. Look at it now. Just pull the plug from FL's respirator. GMod is still thriving, but FL has taken one too many wrong steps in a direction that sent us all into a downward spiral.

Stop saying that we can fix it if we act fast. I've been around since 2012, and yes, a slight increase in the playerbase happens when something major/drastic happens, because people are intrigued to see "what will they do now?!". But it dies out so quick, due to FL having moved away from its roots. It's a damn shame to see the higher-ups close their eyes when the community stand up the most.

this whole 'revive fl' shit has been going on for so fucking long now, people have tried everyting

its done
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Bobby Shmicki, User 21796
(07-03-2020, 03:00 PM)The Captain Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 02:18 PM)Mist Wrote: Revert FL back to 2011 and 2012. That's when shit was booming. Fuck all those updates. You're pushing an agenda that is screaming DarkRP with every single update that is being made. You are losing players because they liked the semi-serious aspect. FL was one of the damn 'founding fathers' of the "semi-serious" tag. And it worked because it wasn't entirely serious, but it wasn't DarkRP either. My tiny voice amongst many told you not to switch to DarkRP, you did, you got a slight boost for some time. Look at it now. Just pull the plug from FL's respirator. GMod is still thriving, but FL has taken one too many wrong steps in a direction that sent us all into a downward spiral.

this whole 'revive fl' shit has been going on for so fucking long now, people have tried everyting

its done

Not really, they pretended they've tried

Lmao great comment