pride month!!!
(06-04-2020, 05:14 PM)richieb Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 05:10 PM)pilip Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 05:06 PM)richieb Wrote: I don't want this thread turning into a shit show, either get off the thread or make a discussion thread if you feel so strongly about it. This stuff doesn't effect you at all. Pride month happens to celebrate the stonewall riots, and the rights for LGBTQ+ people, black history month and pride month are both comparable, as they're both there to celebrate the opression which was overcome.

Grow up, and don't cause shit on my thread.

Educate yourself, read this: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/20...658306002/

Educate yourself? Just start thinking like a normal person because you are as a pride person right? Don't tell people to educate there self when they start a discussion about your sexual preferences.

The link I posted is showing why there is a LGBTQ+ pride month, and not a straight one as such. What people's sexual preferences are shouldn't even concern you, and there's literally no need to even be rude about it. It's a month to celebrate how far pride has come, and that these people are beginning to be accepted way more now.
Why should't it concern me tho? Because i'm straight and not bisexual? ( or what ever you are )
[Image: giphy.gif]
this thread is a great way to differentiate between the normal people and the absolute cretins of this community
The following 12 users Like Forgee's post:
  • RoCKy, pilip, Ducktard, jhayw, Yonno, MasterNoda, Emil, Ratatoskrr, Edned, Molyneux481, RedPanda, Divey
off topic is the worst imaginable place to put this thread if you do not want a shit show

vadar out
The following 3 users Like god's post:
  • Lewwings, rino, Eclipze
Shame to see some people are stupidly ignorant as always.
I don't really relate to pride month or anything, but I'm happy for people being able to more openly express themselves.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • RoCKy, Zona, Divey
If you haven’t got anything productive or positive to say, don’t bother replying to this thread. Anyone else who does will receive warning points.

I’ve personally always found pride events a little bit too much for my liking, but it’s great to see so many people enjoying themselves in a good environment where they’re not subject to abuse and toxicity. Generally, people who aren’t willing to accept that everyone conforms to some sort of standard are a very big part of the problem. It’s 2020, grow up and learn with the times, or shut up.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 4 users Like Conn's post:
  • rino, Edned, jhayw, Molyneux481
(06-04-2020, 04:51 PM)Tails59 Wrote: Im proud to be straight

So brave
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 1 user Likes MasterNoda's post:
  • Molyneux481
Pride month and other activities are needed because there are people still very much oppressed in many ways, in most countries. In America, you are still often made fun of for not being straight, insulted and forcing yourself to repress it in order to not be expelled from the community. Gay is still used as an insult. In other countries you can be stoned to death for being gay. Degrading the movement is just being an immature fuckwad who really needs to grow up and learn some empathy. Literally nothing wrong it and it causes no harm to society or individuals in any way, shape, or form.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 5 users Like MasterNoda's post:
  • Conn, Joe Joe, Ratatoskrr, Edned, Zona
(06-04-2020, 05:06 PM)richieb Wrote: I don't want this thread turning into a shit show, either get off the thread or make a discussion thread if you feel so strongly about it. This stuff doesn't effect you at all. Pride month happens to celebrate the stonewall riots, and the rights for LGBTQ+ people, black history month and pride month are both comparable, as they're both there to celebrate the opression which was overcome.

Grow up, and don't cause shit on my thread.

Educate yourself, read this: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/20...658306002/

If you're going to start a thread at least know what the fucking purpose of it is. Pride is not about "celebrating" the riots.

"It's about people coming together in love and friendship, to show how far gay rights have come, even if in some places there's still some work to be done.

Pride month is about teaching tolerance, education in pride history and continuing to move forward in equality."
Source

Pride is about teaching tolerance, and you can start by tolerating people that don't like Pride, whatever their reasons are.
The following 1 user Likes Tails59's post:
  • pilip
some consider me a sexual demon
if you say youve never had a crush on one of the homies then u lyin
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • Zulu