US Gun Control
Oh boy, is this gonna be fun.
As a German (and thus European) I am practically not allowed to own and carry a gun in public. The ban on virtually all kinds of firearms was our government's answer to the massacre that happened in 1972 in Munich (11 Israeli were held captive and then shot dead by the Red Army Faction during the Olympics) as well as the school shootings 2002 in Erfurt, Thuringia and Winnenden, Baden-Württemberg. The recent shootings in Halle and Hanau have once again ignited the debate about whether we should restrict guns more or not.
What people do not seem to understand is that banning guns does not solve the problem at all. Guns are a tool to defend yourself with. Whether you find them usable or not is up to you, but you cannot deny that any kind of weaponary (and firearms in particular due to the rather simple and quick usage) is useful for self-defence. By passing any kind of gun control laws you only punish the law-abiding citizens as the criminals do not care at all. This can be seen in the current situation in Germany. We have around 5 million registered firearms (owned by citizen with thorough background checks that have provided a need). These are only for owning though. If you would like to walk around with a gun you will need a license that you practically will never get.

What the government seems to ignore is that we have an estimated 20 million unregistered (and thus illegal) firearms. Virtually all massacres by firearms were done using these unregistered. And where that is not the case the weapons was often still illegally obtained (The perpetrator of Winnenden stole his father's gun that he kept unsecured in the bedroom SOURCE. It was the fathers fault who did not keep his gun safe as he was legally obliged to.)

Personally, I can understand the americans and I wish Germany would allow its citizen to carry guns for the purpose of self-defence, but that might be just a dream :/
The following 3 users Like Arkten's post:
  • Eclipze, Lewwings, Kappatalist
Can’t wait to cut an intruder in half with my AR-15.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 6 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Eclipze, Kappatalist, rino, Venom, Spartan_KCT, MasterNoda
Fultz Wrote:Let's watch all the Europeans talk about American gun control. Because they understand.

Well as an European I wont talk about gun control, but I will also not fear my child going to school and it ending up being a massacre.
Signature removed, too large - DVN
(05-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Foxirius2205 Wrote:
Fultz Wrote:Let's watch all the Europeans talk about American gun control. Because they understand.

Well as an European I wont talk about gun control, but I will also not fear my child going to school and it ending up being a massacre.

Yea, you just have to be worried of them getting acid thrown in their face, stabbed, or ran over by a car.
The following 1 user Likes Venom's post:
  • Quantum
(05-28-2020, 08:42 PM)Arkten Wrote: 11 Israeli were held captive and then shot dead by the Red Army Faction during the Olympics

11 Israelis Olympic team members were hostaged and killed by Black September, not Red Army Faction.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Arkten
[Image: EVMdNXiXkAAbZhX.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTEZlHuhNVZP3zfeWNR1...g&usqp=CAU]
[Image: 5df6c8edbb234.jpeg]
[Image: 84582482_1051935575173693_70440641241769...e=5EF853E1]
Yeah most of the gun crazy people are too big of pussies to actually shoot officers if they came for their guns. You can't exactly wave a pro-cop blue strip flag on your porch and say "I'm literally going to murder every cop who tries to take my AR-15". They are delusional and the country clearly needs more gun control.

Problem is, most people the country support gun ownership. For every school shooting, there are a large count of people saying "if only someone else in the school had a gun to take out the shooter". For every school shooting there is a new video that circulates of a home owner shooting and killing multiple armed intruders at night. Because of this, American culture will likely never be one that rejects guns entirely.

The obvious middle ground that is being worked on by the liberals in America is the banning assault weaponry and any weaponry that is designed to do heavy damage. Anything meant to make shooty shooty go VERY fast is nothing but a fucking problem. Owner's of these guns cannot form a single defense for having them beyond "its muh 2A right" and "its collectible" and "i like shooty". They also love to claim that the assault weaponry is needed to fend off a corrupt government. Yeah good luck taking out that squad that has millions of dollars of equipment with your AR-15, Cletus.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 1 user Likes MasterNoda's post:
  • Yonno
We need to Limit all guns from America.

My Ukrainian friend's mom was scared of sending his son to school in the US because of all the school shootings that go on there. She says 'aMERIKA KREZI kANTRY!!!!' 'Nooot GoooD AMERIKA!!'

Now all high schools have metal detectors in the entrance like as if you're walking inside an Embassy lmaoooo

Plus, house parties are at risk. If anyone and literally anyone can come in with a gun and cause some heat. Next thing you know you Have your house on a 5 star GTA wanted level lol

We cant remove all guns from USA. But we can allow people who pass due diligence, psych test and in-dept screening, with no priors of hate extremism to be allowed to carry guns.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478qvet041bx7vkursmf...y.gif&ct=g]

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fda...raphic.jpg]
[Image: E42E4MAAGSKC5WF3HHTDXRUOZA.jpg]
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediaassets.thedenver...40_480.jpg]
[Image: nydn-news-victims-orlando-nightclub-mass...-1-2671505]
[Image: 1200]
[Image: OdessaAllVictims.jpg?w=1440&h=810&crop=1]
[Image: 181105-girl-scouts-victims.png]
[Image: f1e3f08156aa439b20e3442b44e76c88][Image: 180217-parkland-victims-16up-composite_f...-2000w.jpg]
[Image: Vbeachvictims-vertical.jpg]
[Image: scshootingvictims.jpg][Image: 073019-News-Victims-Gilroy-Garlic-Festival.jpg]
[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io...0.jpg&q=85][Image: 917145_080915-ktrk-family-victims-img.jpg?w=1600]
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...2Fkids.jpg]
[Image: oregon-shooting-victims.jpg?quality=65&strip=all]
[Image: 171110-texas-church-shooting-victims-com...t-760w.jpg]
[Image: download.png]
[Image: 171109-thousand-oaks-victims-comp-12_a7a...t-760w.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]

[Image: hialeah-shooting-victims.jpg?w=420&h=315&crop=1]
[Image: 130917215704-navy-yard-victims---10-story-top.jpg]
There has been 2,487 mass shootings since Sandy Hook. So far in 2020, 140 people have been killed and 583 wounded in 145 mass shootings. These faces are just part of a statistic.
Each image represents a single mass shooting, let that sink in for a minute.
Their death could've been prevented, but gun advocates chose not to. 

Criminals don't buy illegal unregistered guns just to shoot innocent people, they do it for their underground business and to use it on other criminals. All of the perpetrators that are responsible for all of these people's death weren't criminals, but people who were thought as normal or odd that snapped. They never had to pay thousands of dollars for an unregistered gun at a black market just to go on a killing spree before they kill themselves, they could just buy them at a local gun store. Stephen Paddock, who opened fire at a 22,000 crowd from a Las Vegas hotel, was a real-estate investor, a property manager, a retired accountant, a normal guy. Those who knew him thought it was unimaginable that he would kill anyone, until he proved them wrong on the night of 1st October 2017.