This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Server banner V4B1 Server banner Build Server Discord FearlessRP YouTube
Bill Gates Quits Microsoft Forever
If your gonna be posting so many threads Qannter and if you are doing ‘Qannter World News’ confine it to a single thread.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Administrator

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
The following 1 user Likes RedPanda's post:
  • Archer
Bruh, I think I just lost the majority of my brain cells
If you gonna keep spamming news at least post accurate information or don't at all. Thank you
Signature removed, too large - DVN
seb
The following 4 users Like Foxirius2205's post:
  • Idea, Pollux, Spartan_KCT, Archer
(03-25-2020, 08:36 AM)Archer Wrote: the CEO of Microsoft hasn't been Bill Gates since 2014
the CEO of Uber hasn't changed since 2017
the CEO of Volkswagen hasn't changed since 2018
That aside, it is normal for CEO's to step down in times of economic crisis. Companies prefer "letting in fresh air" when faced with a crisis. There is nothing abnormal here.

> Stock prices for each of those companies in Jan and Feb peaked until it came crashing in March over Corona Virus fears. It is suggested that those CEO quickly cashed out on their shares when stocked peaked as if they knew it would come crashing at any moment. Have they all gone to their bunker to hide during this pandemic?

The stocks did not crash due to the China virus, they were long dropping due to the oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia. That aside, its pretty fucking normal to sell your stocks as well, as it is to hide during a pandemic.
So much actual information.. he'll have a headache.
There really should be a rule for this sub-forum against blatant fake news/biased sources. Doesn't have to be complex but there needs to be something to prevent threads like this.

Pollux
Fearless Resigned Developer
bork

[Image: qvxPwmM.gif]
The following 2 users Like Pollux's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Archer
https://www.forbes.com/sites/soulaimagou...fc8f4b5506

In addition, you mentioned a part about them cashing in on their shares. I might be wrong but I don't believe stepping down as a board member necessarily means selling your shares as well. Those are two separate things.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(03-25-2020, 05:49 PM)Konsta Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:36 AM)Archer Wrote: the CEO of Microsoft hasn't been Bill Gates since 2014
the CEO of Uber hasn't changed since 2017
the CEO of Volkswagen hasn't changed since 2018
That aside, it is normal for CEO's to step down in times of economic crisis. Companies prefer "letting in fresh air" when faced with a crisis. There is nothing abnormal here.

> Stock prices for each of those companies in Jan and Feb peaked until it came crashing in March over Corona Virus fears. It is suggested that those CEO quickly cashed out on their shares when stocked peaked as if they knew it would come crashing at any moment. Have they all gone to their bunker to hide during this pandemic?

The stocks did not crash due to the China virus, they were long dropping due to the oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia. That aside, its pretty fucking normal to sell your stocks as well, as it is to hide during a pandemic.
The stupid fear over the virus is what is crashing the stock market, how does an E-commerce like Amazon relate to the oil industry? Oil companies stocks will drop due to the Russian and Saudi oil war, the only companies that suffer from the war that are unrelated to the oil industry that I can think of are the finance firms like Goldman Sachs, because they finance some oil companies and they are losing money from their investments in them and their clients are panick selling which just adds salt to the wound.

It might be a bit frank but you're missing basic economics. Everything is connected in the macro-economy. Amazon relates to the oil industry in several ways:
  • Products on their website could need oil to be produced or could literally need oil to work.To put it simply, if the price of oil would go up this would mean that the price of all those products will evidently go up. If the price would go down vice versa.Next to that, the companies that ship amazon's products need oil to be able to do so. This means an increase in price would be an increase in shipping costs, a decrease in price a decrease in shipping costs.
Oil and gas are used widely in modern life. Oil fuels the cars, trucks and planes that underpin modern economies and lifestyles. By-products from oil refining are used in the production of plastics and chemicals, as well as many lubricants, waxes, tars and asphalts.

(https://www.appea.com.au/oil-gas-explain...yday-life/)

I can go on and on with how it is connected but I think you understand my point. Everything's connected.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 2 users Like Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Archer, Konsta