Poll: Should it be switched?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
40.00%
14 40.00%
No.
60.00%
21 60.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

V5P Discussion
Could we try and get editing rights for V5P? Couldn't we just make the map smaller somehow? Im a noob when it comes to this stuff btw.

I am okay with v5p but the map is waaay too big, v4b1 was absolutely perfect in my opinion, great buildings for RP's, perfect size, just a perfect map in general - it's such a shame that it handles so horribly when many players are online.
[Image: UE8GhmX.png]
I have more player interaction on V5P than other maps?

V5P is the best choice in my opinion, problems with it are that some areas aren't used as much and the hill is terrible/so is the lake really.
V4B1 is a good layout but really laggy
V33X is V4B1 but more outdated and somehow even more laggy
V2D is the smallest and although it beats V33X seems to block roleplay and from a personal experience Police RP is terrible as the suspects don't have as much potential to run away and such.
Overall, 2 maps are outdated and the community seems to prefer V5P or V4B1 and I don't think changing now is going to do much except move the players we have now onto a different map.
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
How do you define big though? V2D is a big map in terms of distance. The distance from the city to the lake is very long due to the linear design, which leads to longer travel distances than on V4B1. That's why I feel it's wrong to call V2D a small map.
It's all about distances and player distribution. If all of the most important locations are far away from each other, the players will be spread further away from each other. If a map has all the important locations close to each other while having a sort of "wilderness", then it doesn't really affect player distribution, though everything should be in moderation.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 2 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Molyneux481, Pollux
V4B1 is the best map imo. Looks great, and is well rounded for many different RPs. The layout has less dead ends than v2d and v5p. Performance has never really been a problem for me, even when it was just v33x back in 2013 and onward.

V2D is just okay. People like it because of nostalgia blindness from what I have seen, with mostly older players wanting it over newer players. It looks like trash, has the glitched lake, and is super linear. Pro is that it currently runs with the best performance, and has some areas that are a bit better than their counterparts on other maps (like cub foods). It just doesn't paint a good look in 2020. v4b1 is the best overhaul of v2d we have basically, which is why I prefer it. It fixes all the issues I hate this with map.

V5P is conceptually the best, but only if the server actively supports and could bring in 100 players at peak times for hours. Otherwise, it's just far too empty and leads to significantly less interaction. This was the case when we had v2p 24/7 on its own server as well, just too large even during 2013 peak fearless.

I should also add that maybe the frequency of map changes are too low. Only 12 map changes a year, that seems a bit low and makes it so that if a player doesn't enjoy a map, then they don't want to play for a whole month. If it was in two week cycles, you would even that out significantly more. 2 weeks per map, with maybe the first week having votes and the second week the build map is set up for the next map. That would be 26 map changes a year, much better than 12.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 3 users Like MasterNoda's post:
  • Falcon, Jan, Haarek
[Image: 9DE18EB3E01AB117E97ACB0A6C60E02AC69C6B8C]

I mean somethings killing FL at this time it would usually have 45-70 players and its got like not even 20 this is a normal time for FL not as if its like 4 in the morning to early or too late its a normal time day 
(05-06-2020, 04:54 PM)SeaBiscuitSteve Wrote:

I mean somethings killing FL at this time it would usually have 45-70 players and its got like not even 20 this is a normal time for FL not as if its like 4 in the morning to early or too late its a normal time day 

Something’s up. What else could be killing it right now? Staff activity? No. RP? Been dead for years. Honestly can’t think of anything else other than the map. It’s not fun to play. You gotta drive for 3-4 minutes to get to the other side of the map. FL isn’t GTA, it thrives on player interaction and we’re shooting ourselves in the foot right now by using this map. Wow! It’s so pretty though. Damn, optimized too? Who gives a fuck. People don’t want to play a map where there’s 15 people in the city maximum at peak times while everyone else is miles away contrawhoring. It’s too spread out and it needs to be switched. People who don’t see this are honestly blind.

It’s so dumb to make all of this awesome progress and throw it away just like that because of “optimization” and “looks.” If we want to keep our playercounts high, we need a fun fucking map.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 3 users Like Falcon's post:
  • L Y N C H Y, Jan, Kippsee
People voted for it lol
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:81986316&b=12]
The following 2 users Like Janzo 火's post:
  • Pollux, rino
(05-06-2020, 05:37 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: People voted for it lol

So? I don't know why there's a map vote in the first place. FL survived for years on V2D and 33X. Things only really got bad after the split with Limelight.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
(05-06-2020, 04:54 PM)SeaBiscuitSteve Wrote:

From what I hear on the discord it's nothing to do with the map but rather some severe lag earlier.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork