How is FL doing?
(02-04-2020, 10:36 AM)richieb Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 10:31 AM)Midget Wrote: The server has dropped from rank 225 to nearly 300 since last week.

Its was recently exam mock period and peoples workload is picking up, entering exam period is tuff ngl

Man, the many years I've heard people use the same excuse that its 'Exam Season' when the server is quite frankly dying. Yeah it might be exam season, but with the amount of people on the forums in comparison to actually joining the server, there's no way there is that many people, all different ages, taking exams.

People want fresh new things, and I am sure developers are working on that (judging by the roadmap) but its the old stuff we are left with that is mind-numbing. Not to mention to lack of ideas when everything capable in CityRP has practically been done a dozen times.
The following 1 user Likes Keaton's post:
  • Idea
(02-04-2020, 10:53 AM)Keaton Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 10:31 AM)Midget Wrote: The server has dropped from rank 225 to nearly 300 since last week.

Its was recently exam mock period and peoples workload is picking up, entering exam period is tuff ngl

Man, the many years I've heard people use the same excuse that its 'Exam Season' when the server is quite frankly dying. Yeah it might be exam season, but with the amount of people on the forums in comparison to actually joining the server, there's no way there is that many people, all different ages, taking exams.

People want fresh new things, and I am sure developers are working on that (judging by the roadmap) but its the old stuff we are left with that is mind-numbing. Not to mention to lack of ideas when everything capable in CityRP has practically been done a dozen times.

The server does get populated, some people aren't always able to come on the server, people are busy, people have lives. The people that are always active, have time to spare, to play. I prioritise my work over gmod and i gather other people do to. End of the day, the server has had a comeback since, and development takes time. They can't push out updates too fast. Also, of course things are going to be repeated, the server has been around for like 12 years, expect that.
The following 1 user Likes JONATHANPOO's post:
  • Keaton
(02-04-2020, 12:09 PM)richieb Wrote:

The server does get populated, some people aren't always able to come on the server, people are busy, people have lives. The people that are always active, have time to spare, to play. I prioritise my work over gmod and i gather other people do to. End of the day, the server has had a comeback since, and development takes time. They can't push out updates too fast. Also, of course things are going to be repeated, the server has been around for like 12 years, expect that.

I understand exactly that things take time, its at no fault to anyone as to why the server's population fluctuates. People can't always play and its very true that people are sometimes only available at different times (hence I'm on the server now and nobody is here, but I can't play later due to work), however there should be events, roleplays that don't revolve around waiting for any new updates. There doesn't seem to be a big push of roleplay at any given time, merely people standing/driving around in and around the city.
(02-04-2020, 12:13 PM)Keaton Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:09 PM)richieb Wrote:

I understand exactly that things take time, its at no fault to anyone as to why the server's population fluctuates. People can't always play and its very true that people are sometimes only available at different times (hence I'm on the server now and nobody is here, but I can't play later due to work), however there should be events, roleplays that don't revolve around waiting for any new updates. There doesn't seem to be a big push of roleplay at any given time, merely people standing/driving around in and around the city.
The recent event manager just resigned im pretty sure and events take longer to setup, but sure, they should be done
The following 2 users Like JONATHANPOO's post:
  • Keaton, Jessixa
Forgee is the event manager... also events do take quite a bit of planning and normally need dev work
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Keaton
(02-04-2020, 12:39 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Forgee is the event manager... also events do take quite a bit of planning and normally need dev work

Was jonas was too or am i being stupid now lmao
When/IF I get the admin role I'm going to be putting a lot of work into weekly events to maintain consistent interest in the server as well as a whole bunch of other things.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • pilip, Keaton
(02-04-2020, 01:21 PM)JackZ Wrote: When/IF I get the admin role I'm going to be putting a lot of work into weekly events to maintain consistent interest in the server as well as a whole bunch of other things.
#JackforSuperAdmin
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-04-2020, 02:58 AM)JackZ Wrote: Consistency is key. We need consistency. I'll be working on it.

consistently logging on for 10 mins once a week very nice
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • Idea
Realistically? We were on an extremely good pace with changes in how FL runs things with examples being a new promotion system, revamp of some of the cosmetic stuff, and a lot of discussion about what is to come. The atmosphere was bright and hope was the feeling a lot of people felt. Maybe we are going to see change. But this has dropped off significantly and there was no change to what Fearless actually is and all the people getting on slowly started getting off again. Fearless is still a cops and robbers FPS shooter and there is zero roleplay.
The following 5 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Byra, Idea, Joe Joe, Keaton, Pollux