Stricter rules on controversial comments in game
(01-21-2020, 09:49 PM)Midget Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 01:59 PM)Jessixa Wrote: From day 1 , i've seen and experience players coming up to me and insult me , and just walk away as if nothing happen , even if i was minding my own business .

Unreasonable and racist slurs thrown at another person without any proper reason or incentive naturally falls over the line and is easy to distinguish from a proper RP scenario. You should have reported it. 

My main argument is that a zero-tolerance policy is not properly approaching the problem and is instead an unnecessarily extreme solution; it should rather be more clear where we draw the line to proper RP and just plain hate speech.

I'd say the line can easily be drawn where unless you have a reason to be racist, or if it aids your RP, then you shouldn't just insult black, or asian people for no reason. Valid RP reasons are needed.
The following 1 user Likes JONATHANPOO's post:
  • Haarek
-Support There's already rules regarding this, it just needs to be enforced more.
The following 1 user Likes Fudge's post:
  • Tails59
People who have no lives are making IC an excuse to express their hate

+ Support
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478qvet041bx7vkursmf...y.gif&ct=g]
(01-22-2020, 04:49 PM)richieb Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:49 PM)Midget Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 01:59 PM)Jessixa Wrote: From day 1 , i've seen and experience players coming up to me and insult me , and just walk away as if nothing happen , even if i was minding my own business .

Unreasonable and racist slurs thrown at another person without any proper reason or incentive naturally falls over the line and is easy to distinguish from a proper RP scenario. You should have reported it. 

My main argument is that a zero-tolerance policy is not properly approaching the problem and is instead an unnecessarily extreme solution; it should rather be more clear where we draw the line to proper RP and just plain hate speech.

I'd say the line can easily be drawn where unless you have a reason to be racist, or if it aids your RP, then you shouldn't just insult black, or asian people for no reason. Valid RP reasons are needed.

Exactly
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • ryan!
  • +Support 
I don't know how the staff will enforce this. If you start banning people you'll find you won't have a big player base. The server might look full now but when the lock down is over, the player base could drop. I personally don't hear many people saying homophobic or racist references recently. I understand it's completely wrong and people shouldn't say it at all. I just don't know what the staff will do to punish these players.

The following 1 user Likes Molyneux481's post:
  • Oliver
In my experience its already pretty fucking hard to reinforce rules like these, people learn how to blur the lines between OOC and IC. Enforcing it more will just make the people who already do it find smarter ways of bypassing it.

If we add stricter rules on it then it has to be enforced for everything, either its all okay, or none of it is okay.

I also believe its a problem with people not being able to differ a character from the person those people are. If I walked up to someone with an RP reason to call them a slur, Im sure some members of the community would hold it against me.

Its also not FL's job to mollycoddle members of the community. I see more harm than good here tbh -support
+MAJORSUPPORT

I had this exact suggestion when I came back 2yrs ago and seen it was everywhere people using it without any rp context whatsoever and the idea was shelved by Pollox with no outcome at all. Was very disappointed by it and honestly didn't wanna play, I hope this time around its taken seriously. This stuff was completely prohibited back when I first joined and don't really understand why it was changed to be allowed.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I've never seen an actual well made in-depth and interesting rp come out of the rule being removed. Like sure if there was a KKK group with a story planned out with a kidnapping of a black man for their cross burning gathering or whatever and the police get involved or like some Westboro Baptist picket line where they're shouting all kinds of heartless and uncalled for hate speech to people walking by. Those type of rps would give sense to the no racism rule being removed in theory, but in practice its clear that all we see from it is people running around calling each other every name in the book just because they can. As those who aren't fully for this thread have stated, there is no real and fair way admins could be able to differentiate between that as it can be perceived as grey.
So that's why I think that racism/sexism or hate speech of any kind should be once again completely prohibited as there is no clear way of regulating it, its not welcoming to those new players of different races and religions (RP or not there is no denying it can be alienating and insulting to those where that is their reality) & serves no benefit keeping it, people aren't making the real effort to do real rps out of the flexible rule set we have now. Or at the very least categorize it as extremist rp like stated there in my old thread.

My old post: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=89660
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
It's a bit of a grey area when monitoring and administrating stuff like this. Since staff aren't watching RP situations constantly it tends to be a word against word sort of thing, at least that's what I remember.

It should be cracked down on I guess, but I don't think we should or could enforce anything further apart from a full on ban of the words, and I don't agree with that.
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Bobby, Molyneux481
-support you're all a bunch of snowflakes
There's no RP scenario where you need to use any racial slurs what so ever, it's just an excuse to bring your OOC racism and mask it as 'roleplay'