Removal of Criminal Job
What he's suggesting is not to ban "Criminal and its variations", but to ban any custom job title that is too vague to be recognizable as a job, and frankly isn't a job at all, just like "Criminal". You can't do "crime" as a living, but you can do "car thiefing", "mugging", "burglaring" etc. as a living.
[Image: jjQxeVO.gif]
-Support
(01-06-2020, 06:56 PM)Ivan Headshotski Wrote: What he's suggesting is not to ban "Criminal and its variations", but to ban any custom job title that is too vague to be recognizable as a job, and frankly isn't a job at all, just like "Criminal". You can't do "crime" as a living, but you can do "car thiefing", "mugging", "burglaring" etc. as a living.

Well, people will start using job titles like 'gangster gang - master thug' again, and you basically can't ban those, as you would ban the entire existence of clans/gangs and groups with it.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
The following 1 user Likes TASSIA's post:
  • Idea
(01-06-2020, 09:34 PM)TASSIA Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 06:56 PM)Ivan Headshotski Wrote: What he's suggesting is not to ban "Criminal and its variations", but to ban any custom job title that is too vague to be recognizable as a job, and frankly isn't a job at all, just like "Criminal". You can't do "crime" as a living, but you can do "car thiefing", "mugging", "burglaring" etc. as a living.

Well, people will start using job titles like 'gangster gang - master thug' again, and you basically can't ban those, as you would ban the entire existence of clans/gangs and groups with it.

Making your job gangster gang - master thug, for example, is a failRP job so no they couldn't do that. But if they were to make clans/gangs and groups with the intent of doing criminal activity or similar to what criminals are now that is a good thing because it will force players to create clans to do that style of roleplay which then activate the clan scene as I bet you that the current clans would love to either "deal" with those groups and in turn revive a dead part of the game. Instead, you are arguing there is no way to stop an issue and instead of creating ideas to fix the issue you are just content with garbage. Today there were numerous people on with the job "Criminal Retard" you would rather have that than forcing players into groups to minge around so they can be dealt with IG?
It's really hard to keep control of it, if we just ban it again people will still use it and then you gonna have every admin just trying to get people not to use that job again. Most returning players will not even know about it again which means they're still gonna use that "false" job and you're gonna have every admin just notifying people again and again in an endless cycle.
And there are just gonna be stupid job names anyways again, who is gonna keep that under control? literally 50% of the playerbase last time used some really stupid looking jobs just for a quick work around for "criminal". I personally don't really mind it even anymore since i've seen this change before and it didn't really fix anything it just made things worse in some cases.
Neutral
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
The following 1 user Likes Chumps's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
-/+ Support
Don't really care, banning or permitting, instead of criminal you will have gang names. When criminals were banned, me, Grape, and other friends set our jobs to China Mafia - Dog on Stick for example.
+Support

A way around this is that your character needs a legitimate backstory and purpose to each crime they do that makes sense in relation to their job name. Also, the weapons someone uses should fit their job and their character experience to make it realistic. To be honest, "Insurgent" isn't descriptive and should have been punished just the same if someone was called criminal.

Maybe "Criminal Made up Gang - Leader" etc. should be banned unless they have a specific clan but I guess they would ruin other roleplays.
-Support
-/+ Support

This

(01-11-2020, 05:14 PM)Zombie Wrote: -/+ Support
Don't really care, banning or permitting, instead of criminal you will have gang names. When criminals were banned, me, Grape, and other friends set our jobs to China Mafia - Dog on Stick for example.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
When attempting to change the server culture don't always resort to banning things and instead look at incentivising good rp traits.

Will you describe is bad role play changing your job name will not make it good roleplay.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here