Content size
(01-04-2020, 12:53 PM)richieb Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 12:50 PM)Mist Wrote: Leave a link at the loading screen that will suggest to go to x-link, which will then allow you to download the contentpack off from steam itself.

Should reduce waiting times.

There's already one in the current thing, it's just buried within the clutter. in the one ive submitted for the competition i've added a clearer content link
Is there? Goddamn, I don't think that I have ever noticed that.
Good luck in the competition!
I think all the content should be installed and ready to go when you spawn into the server. The player should be worrying about playing the game, not missing content and downloads.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(01-04-2020, 02:05 PM)Midget Wrote: I think all the content should be installed and ready to go when you spawn into the server. The player should be worrying about playing the game, not missing content and downloads.

Thats why in-game downloading exists nowadays. Development team can create something like a menu that popups where players can install all the content packs. All they have to do is wait for like 5 mins when spawned or play but with lag spikes for 5 mins.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]

I believe prop models do not need to be downloaded while joining the server. Also the player should have a notification warning saying that he might see errors while FL is downloading and mounting addons for him.
(01-04-2020, 02:25 PM)Mr. Flaminator Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 02:05 PM)Midget Wrote: I think all the content should be installed and ready to go when you spawn into the server. The player should be worrying about playing the game, not missing content and downloads.

Thats why in-game downloading exists nowadays. Development team can create something like a menu that popups where players can install all the content packs. All they have to do is wait for like 5 mins when spawned or play but with lag spikes for 5 mins.

If that is so, I suggest placing the player in a room disconnected from the main map. Here there could be signs with information, a chance to read the rules, a small written guide Etc.
Visit my profile here.
I have a friend that refuses to play fearless because everything he sees when he joins is gigant errors and pink and black squares
[Image: UE8GhmX.png]
The following 1 user Likes Marve Fleksnes's post:
  • Haarek
Back in 2012 it took about 2 hours to download the content required to join the server, I haven't played fearless seriously since maybe 2014-15? maybe I will try joining later and seeing how long it takes nowadays for science
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
The following 1 user Likes Rozzok's post:
  • Haarek
(01-25-2020, 12:32 AM)Rozzok Wrote: Back in 2012 it took about 2 hours to download the content required to join the server, I haven't played fearless seriously since maybe 2014-15? maybe I will try joining later and seeing how long it takes nowadays for science

Could you also take screenshots of all the content that is missing upon the first join. I.e. when new players first join v5p half the map is supposedly errors.
Visit my profile here.
(01-25-2020, 09:08 PM)Midget Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 12:32 AM)Rozzok Wrote: Back in 2012 it took about 2 hours to download the content required to join the server, I haven't played fearless seriously since maybe 2014-15? maybe I will try joining later and seeing how long it takes nowadays for science

Could you also take screenshots of all the content that is missing upon the first join. I.e. when new players first join v5p half the map is supposedly errors.

It's because V5P requires CSS, HL2 EP1 and HL2 EP2. There's nothing missing from content on our end, it's just content from those games. While quite a few people own CSS, not many have the HL2 Episodes (they are free till HL Alex comes out, so you can install them for the next few months!)
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-26-2020, 03:37 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 09:08 PM)Midget Wrote:

It's because V5P requires CSS, HL2 EP1 and HL2 EP2. There's nothing missing from content on our end, it's just content from those games. While quite a few people own CSS, not many have the HL2 Episodes (they are free till HL Alex comes out, so you can install them for the next few months!)

The point being that it is still a problem that needs to be addressed.
Visit my profile here.