Change of Map
(12-14-2019, 04:39 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 03:20 AM)Dimitris Wrote: So since the vote is over, it seems like every 4 months that V5P takes place server will be dead and every 4 months we have V2D FL will do decent. Chill

Well if the server is dead the switch can just be done sooner?

Also V2D is in the lead and has likely won (both polls are being considered)

[Image: 6fzgqncq1psy.png]

Was wondering about that because I voted for no rotation and just for v2d to be the solo map
I think we should also change the map back to an Evocity map.

Although I really liked San Ranevo, there was something about it that was missing, it must be nostalgic feelings to Evocity.
Sanranevo is not only made by Alphaverse, but also by others, and the base was created by someone else as well. Also the map has _fl in its name, referring to FL's rights to it.

So, we are not forced to change the map, but let's do it anyways.

Let's use a small Evocity map such as V2D and spend Christmas together in a small city with a small playerbase.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 4 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Slaint, , Eclipze, Zecon
(12-14-2019, 09:20 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think we should also change the map back to an Evocity map.

Although I really liked San Ranevo, there was something about it that was missing, it must be nostalgic feelings to Evocity.
Sanranevo is not only made by Alphaverse, but also by others, and the base was created by someone else as well. Also the map has _fl in its name, referring to FL's rights to it.

Let's use a small Evocity map such as V2D and spend Christmas together in a small city with a small playerbase.
+Support
(12-14-2019, 09:20 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think we should also change the map back to an Evocity map.

Right I agree with most of what you've said, I fully agree with changing to V2D and trust me once we do the playerbase won't be as small as you think. Every time we used V2D as the main map we had more than 50 peeps and at time we got to the point of having a queue. Now regarding the whole sanranevo. The edit version is owned by Alphaverse and you have no right on it what so ever. I am not exactly sure what you are on about. Firstly if you have not copyrighted FL under your name there is nothing you can do about the name of the map, but even if you have he can very easily change the name of it?
Anyways it does not matter, SanRanEvo is a shit map,  can't wait for V2D.
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Alphaverse
Not to go off-topic or anything but I already have plans for Christmas, I'm really sorry Soulripper!
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Jonas, Dimitris
(12-14-2019, 07:53 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 03:20 AM)Dimitris Wrote: So since the vote is over, it seems like every 4 months that V5P takes place server will be dead and every 4 months we have V2D FL will do decent. Chill

Was wondering about that because I voted for no rotation and just for v2d to be the solo map

Oh so you are actually somewhat clever, good to know.

Let's make sure that we keep v2d even when the playerbase gets larger too.

That's a mistake we've made before, v2d has and always will be the best map for FL to use. It's fine for passive, fine for aggressive, small for less than 75 players to get good interaction. 30 players on v2d is like 60 on San Ranevo.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Wolven
(12-14-2019, 11:13 AM)JackZ Wrote:

Let's make sure that we keep v2d even when the playerbase gets larger too.

That's a mistake we've made before, v2d has and always will be the best map for FL to use. It's fine for passive, fine for aggressive, small for less than 75 players to get good interaction. 30 players on v2d is like 60 on San Ranevo.

I agree, people need to put their egos aside and actually choose wisely solely for what the server really needs right now. Check this thread, most of the people that voted for V5P are the ones that haven't been on the server in ages.
(12-14-2019, 07:50 AM)Dimitris Wrote:

Does that mean we are most likely getting V2D today?

You'll see Wink
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-14-2019, 11:04 AM)Dimitris Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 07:53 AM)Fultz Wrote:

Oh so you are actually somewhat clever, good to know.

I have wanted v2d to come back as the map before you ever joined this server bud. It's literally the map of my people
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Jan, Haarek