JackZ killed the thread
(12-03-2019, 01:15 PM)RiNO Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 03:59 AM)Zombie Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 09:43 PM)RiNO Wrote: The teachers should still be here, they helping people most of all and they have the best knowledge of the server than many other players.
Have you read my question on the thread at all?

Yes, But my answer maybe wasn't the best. I think when you have the Teacher rank you will have to help people instead of some people helping sometimes, its not everytime a regular player helps you if you have any problem with a thing or just want to be guided. All the people on the Teacher team will help you if you want to have guide or help with a thing. When you have the Teacher rank will you only be able to higher your own proplimit (and thats is only when you host a event) and your regular prop count will change to 50 I think, and you will be able to answer /help calls and be able to give RPP, I can't really see why you would apply only for only the Power of the role. Teacher rank is good to have because everytime you will need help you will get it (if a Teacher is online).
Again, they can help without having a rank. My points still stand.
(12-03-2019, 05:25 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 09:43 PM)RiNO Wrote: The teachers should still be here, they helping people most of all and they have the best knowledge of the server than many other players.

Yes, But my answer maybe wasn't the best. I think when you have the Teacher rank you will have to help people instead of some people helping sometimes, its not everytime a regular player helps you if you have any problem with a thing or just want to be guided. All the people on the Teacher team will help you if you want to have guide or help with a thing. When you have the Teacher rank will you only be able to higher your own proplimit (and thats is only when you host a event) and your regular prop count will change to 50 I think, and you will be able to answer /help calls and be able to give RPP, I can't really see why you would apply only for only the Power of the role. Teacher rank is good to have because everytime you will need help you will get it (if a Teacher is online).
"THEY CAN" and "THEY WILL" are two completely different things, with teachers they have specifically applied for the role to help others, if there is a teacher on and you make a help call, you are guaranteed a response. However asking a question in OOC its basically RNG of whether someones going to troll you or not respond at all. Your entire argument relies on "THEY MIGHT ANSWER". Teachers guarantee help, players with more hours do not, simple as that.
(12-03-2019, 05:47 PM)Ranger Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 05:25 PM)Zombie Wrote:

"THEY CAN" and "THEY WILL" are two completely different things, with teachers they have specifically applied for the role to help others, if there is a teacher on and you make a help call, you are guaranteed a response. However asking a question in OOC its basically RNG of whether someones going to troll you or not respond at all. Your entire argument relies on "THEY MIGHT ANSWER". Teachers guarantee help, players with more hours do not, simple as that.
The teachers will help, sure. But what if they weren't teachers, but regular members? I'm sure they will still help, regardless of rank, will they not? 

Having a teacher rank will just make non teachers not to help as often, and not share their thoughts and opinions on a question because there's someone with a rank whose responsibility is just to do that. Why should a player in the middle of something, stop for a minute and give their time in answering and help a player when there's already someone just about to do that in a second anyway? That's why you see teachers helping out more than non teachers on the server, and probably the explanation of why there's more of a unified opinion on certain subjects and situations than it was ever before. For example, I don't see police shooting at a criminal with a hostage anymore because they don't want to break FearRP, despite the fact that the criminal isn't even pointing his gun at the hostage, but rather a wall or a door talking to that the police can easily wallbang and kill without harming the hostage. I used to see this happen all the time before teachers was a thing years ago, now it's a rare sight to see and usually conducted by the more experienced and older players, and when that happens, you get a bunch of admin calls and "FearRP" in OOC.

I think the teachers can do more harm than good sometimes, because they themselves aren't always 100% experienced and knowledgeable in every field, and can give out false answers and opinions to newcomers that are under the impression and illusion of them being role models, hence hindering their knowledge and experience. Aggressive RP is mostly affected by this, given the example above.
What do you need teachers for, its only players that has been on FL for a long time thats playing, theres never new players and if it was just ask admins because they dont have anything to do so yeah.
[Image: gn3iiwj]
(12-03-2019, 07:46 PM)Julern Wrote: What do you need teachers for, its only players that has been on FL for a long time thats playing, theres never new players and if it was just ask admins because they dont have anything to do so yeah.

I see people with 20-150hours on the server sometimes nowadays

Regards,
Fearless Donator
(12-03-2019, 07:51 PM)RiNO Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 07:46 PM)Julern Wrote: What do you need teachers for, its only players that has been on FL for a long time thats playing, theres never new players and if it was just ask admins because they dont have anything to do so yeah.

I see people with 20-150hours on the server sometimes nowadays

We have a 0 hour police officer right now as I'm playing, also a player called Optosiolator is literally acting like a teacher would without being one. This guy just taught me something today I wasn't aware of, BMDs can't longer farm weed because they can't place pots, the decision is so stupid.
You don't need or not need a role to help others. Helping others comes as a part of being in a community.

Teachers act more as role models on how to play rather than are solely to help people in my opinion.

It's good to have people that are literally obliged to help people as that is the role that they have personally volunteered for. They have volunteered to be a person that can give advice, tips and help to new players. 

It's just a friendly symbol that new players can instantly identify so they don't have to type a message in OOC and wait ages for a reply or even be trolled by some community members. This wouldn't happen in /help. It's just purely a serious helpline. 

It also separates constant "How do you do this..." "How do you do that..." messages from constantly being spammed in OOC. All of these requests instead go to experienced players that will always reply seriously, as that is their volunteered job. Furthermore, when there is no teachers online, that's when new players can use OOC. But there's usually teachers on.

I don't understand why people view teacher so negatively, it literally has no down sides. None.

The only argument you have is that "Anybody can help people". Although that is true, it's good that we have volunteers that dedicate themselves to help people rather than just hoping that community members are willing to help. Which is often unlikely.

And no, people won't help regardless of rank. Being a teacher (from experience) you feel obliged to help people; because that's what you signed up for. Being a member is different, you haven't applied for a role that allows you to help people easier, so you feel less obliged to help.

It's not all about helping people anyway, as i said before, they're also role models and experienced players that can give RPP when there's role plays going on. This is extremely helpful especially when staff aren't on to recognize good roleplay and award it.

Teacher is an extremely helpful role. Removing it would be a mistake. There is so much positives to having it as opposed to removing it.
The following 14 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Ranger, Ducktard, Grape, Alfred, rino, Pollux, Jonas, RoCKy, Kappatalist, Slaint, Spartan_KCT, Zecon, Ivan Headshotski, Haarek
honestly don't care at all, therws no downsides to the role at all. it woulsnt make much dif if its gone but hell if it makes some gamer happy to be teacher then leave it
I think all the teacher team needs is a second liaison and a nice overhaul to make sure it fulfills its role better. After that it'll be fine.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
The difference in the two is that the teacher team is responsible to take initiative on teaching people aspects of roleplay or the rules that come alongside it on our server, whilst regular veteran players are not forced to take any action by themselves. It speaks for itself, I'd say. If you feel like you'd rather get your answers from veteran players as opposed to teachers, then so be it, nothing wrong with that. This might not be the same case for newer players though, and teachers can be considered the go-to place for questions for them. I understand you have OOC for questions, but having people ready to support players when needed is much more comfortable and approachable for anyone.

If you consider the teacher role a pedestal (it's really not anymore nowadays), then I personally believe the trade-off between the "pedestal" and them being more inclined to support players in their actions is more than worth it. The teacher role is not a big deal anymore. I don't understand the multiple threads and the fuzz.

The teacher liaison role could perhaps use some revision, though. 
If people are "abusing their rank for status" or whatnot, then perhaps these cases should be considered more critically and perhaps taken action against sooner. I'm not aware of what the current guidelines are, but there has to be a root to all this commotion, and I personally don't think it's the concept of the teacher rank.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.