JackZ killed the thread
(12-02-2019, 09:25 PM)richieb Wrote: Most useless rank, I literally only see jessixa online so just give her staff, then you don't need the rest of the teachers anyway. They do it for the rank, power. Literally anybody can help people online, so remove it, it's pointless
Hmmmmm ... who was on the most active list? Lmao <3
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
Well..

I have thought about this sometimes actually. Teachers are here to encourage other players. 
We are here to help out whenever someone needs help.

As Jessixa said, we are "Server Assitants". We help out if there arent Admins online.[General Knownlegde of Gamemode]

Of course i would love to see that Teachers would be bit higher up. But i dont really care anymore.. as long as i can help others with questions i would be happy.

Something i often thought: I wish that Teachers would have the chance to get a view how Moderators deal with Situations or something like this.

I don't really see a reason to remove the rank. As Jessixa said... we are also here to show players that they did a good RP by handing out RPPs or just telling them. [If Admins don't see it]

All in all i think we should keep the Teacher rank but maybe add more improvements to it.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
(12-02-2019, 06:52 PM)Jessixa Wrote: -snip-

I personality enjoy being an teacher , even tho it isn't part of the staff team , it is sort of an server assistant , I get to answer help call  , planned and host mini event for the community members to enjoy it . It is enjoyable to be a teacher and it also help the newcomers to have an wonderful experience in the community . 

You can still help, plan, host mini events for the community members to enjoy without being teacher. Who do you think helped me and answered all my questions when I was new when teachers didn't exist yet years ago? You don't need a rank.

Teachers can also notice other roleplayers roleplay and take part in it . Admins aren't always free to notice someone's roleplay 24/7 and this is where the teachers come into the place . 
Not only that , recently teachers have the ablity to give out proplimit on the build server when there isn't an admin around

A player like frost can also notice other roleplayers roleplay and take part in it if he wishes so, given that he won't jump on the tables, talking nonsense and pull out a Galil. Anyone can take part in an RP, you don't need a rank. 

this allow players to ask the teacher " Hey can I have 100 proplimit I want to build this " the teacher would gladly hand out the proplimit to them on build server to build whatever they want . 

That's the only positive thing about teachers.

To me teacher is extremely important to the community , because we guide new comers to be successful and experience roleplayer and answer anyone who need help or need some clarification on certain rules ( such as fear rp ) . 

I was guided by Nev, Raptor aka Rocket, by General Rickets, a bit by Greed when he was in the mood, Pinky, Zedsdead, Decay, past moderators and admins, and countless of old players, not a single one of them were teachers. All it took for me was to ask them through PM. They were more experienced with lots of RPPs, so naturally they were the first people to ask.

Removing it would not only changes the community and might never lead to any new path but would also affect everyone , new or old . 

How so?

So I don't see why you think removing the teacher rank would help the community in any way . 

How will keeping it help the community in any way? If you want to help others and host mini events, you can still do it without being a teacher. The only thing that it helps the community in any way, is through prop limit increase in the build server and give out RPPs. Hopefully with Grape's idea of helpers rank being implemented in the future, and maybe with you being a helper, we can still enjoy the prop limit increase and RPPs being given. But teachers, whose sole purpose is to help others and teach, is just completely unnecessary, you don't need a rank to be helpful and teach. When I had $26M and was #1 awhile ago before NoidZ was even in the list, I would have people asking me how I made so much money, how long it took me and how can they do it as well? So I taught them, and as a result, some of them have become millionaires.

I hope you understand why it is important to the community and I am speaking on behalf of the teachers team and hoping you and the others understand 

No I don't understand, it is simply not important whatsoever. If teachers and moderators were fused into helpers, then I'd understand.
(12-02-2019, 09:43 PM)RiNO Wrote: The teachers should still be here, they helping people most of all and they have the best knowledge of the server than many other players.
Have you read my question on the thread at all?
(12-02-2019, 10:22 PM)RoCKy Wrote: Well..

I have thought about this sometimes actually. Teachers are here to encourage other players. 
We are here to help out whenever someone needs help.

As Jessixa said, we are "Server Assitants". We help out if there arent Admins online.[General Knownlegde of Gamemode]

Of course i would love to see that Teachers would be bit higher up. But i dont really care anymore.. as long as i can help others with questions i would be happy.

Something i often thought: I wish that Teachers would have the chance to get a view how Moderators deal with Situations or something like this.

I don't really see a reason to remove the rank. As Jessixa said... we are also here to show players that they did a good RP by handing out RPPs or just telling them. [If Admins don't see it]

All in all i think we should keep the Teacher rank but maybe add more improvements to it.
You can still encourage other players without being teacher and help others in their time of need.
Also, if you want to know how moderators and admins deal with situations, build a good relationship with them and maybe become really good friends and actively talk and play with them in Discord.

That's how I learned a lot about FL and had access to knowledge that regular members wouldn't have, with the old staff team before the split. I listened to them during their sits, heard gossips about players and other admins, learned affairs, minged on the roof with admins, knew about some updates before they were even announced, knew their release dates, and even had a chance of testing them. One example is the C.W weapons, I tested them and used them in the live server in V33X at the villas, weeks before everyone else did and got into a gunfight with a couple of old admin friends of mine using the AK-74. I even knew what prices they will go for on the release.
I’ll write a full response when I can
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
I haven't really seen anyone give a reason as to why teacher rank should be removed in this thread, except the argument that other players can help newcomers even if they don't have a teacher rank, which I don't really think is valid. Just because other people are able to help, doesn't mean there shouldn't be people who are considered "designated helpers".
A point I would like to make, is that players who does not hold the teacher rank are not restricted by guidelines or expected to be truthful when asked for help, which doesn't make them quite as trustworthy as players who are, and let's be honest, there are a lot of people who like to troll others when given the chance.
I'm not quite sure if it's the rank you are against or if you just don't like that players who hold the teacher rank gets a few benefits. I don't see anything wrong with individuals, who dedicate themselves to help others on the server, receiving some benefits for their efforts.
[Image: jjQxeVO.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Ivan Headshotski's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(12-03-2019, 06:37 AM)Archer Wrote: I’ll write a full response when I can

we're aquiver with anticipation
The following 1 user Likes S!RNARC's post:
  • Archer
(12-03-2019, 03:59 AM)Zombie Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 09:43 PM)RiNO Wrote: The teachers should still be here, they helping people most of all and they have the best knowledge of the server than many other players.
Have you read my question on the thread at all?

Yes, But my answer maybe wasn't the best. I think when you have the Teacher rank you will have to help people instead of some people helping sometimes, its not everytime a regular player helps you if you have any problem with a thing or just want to be guided. All the people on the Teacher team will help you if you want to have guide or help with a thing. When you have the Teacher rank will you only be able to higher your own proplimit (and thats is only when you host a event) and your regular prop count will change to 50 I think, and you will be able to answer /help calls and be able to give RPP, I can't really see why you would apply only for only the Power of the role. Teacher rank is good to have because everytime you will need help you will get it (if a Teacher is online).

Regards,
Fearless Donator
(12-03-2019, 08:53 AM)Ivan Headshotski Wrote: I haven't really seen anyone give a reason as to why teacher rank should be removed in this thread, except the argument that other players can help newcomers even if they don't have a teacher rank, which I don't really think is valid. Just because other people are able to help, doesn't mean there shouldn't be people who are considered "designated helpers".
A point I would like to make, is that players who does not hold the teacher rank are not restricted by guidelines or expected to be truthful when asked for help, which doesn't make them quite as trustworthy as players who are, and let's be honest, there are a lot of people who like to troll others when given the chance.
I'm not quite sure if it's the rank you are against or if you just don't like that players who hold the teacher rank gets a few benefits. I don't see anything wrong with individuals, who dedicate themselves to help others on the server, receiving some benefits for their efforts.

I am against the rank and the benefits that comes with it, you shouldn't receive a rank and benefits for answering questions and be helpful, that's just plain wrong, everything is wrong with that. Helpful and generous people don't need a rank, they're humble. Those that want a rank that comes with benefits generally means they're doing it all for an interest, have goals and possibly an agenda, not out of genuine eagerness to help. 

And I completely disagree with you about other people not being trustworthy and trolls, what makes a teacher more trustworthy than others? Aren't they supposed to be regular experienced members that volunteer to make the community a better place? Because that was the original idea and intention.

And if anything, these restricted guidelines and expected honesty can be used as an illusion and make a teacher more cunning and deceitful. You don't need restricted guidelines to help and be caring, these are traits that can be found in honest and good people. If the teachers really want to help out, promote RP, host mini events and really enjoy in helping others, then why do they need a rank that comes with benefits? I thought they enjoy in helping others, they can do just that without being a teacher that comes with benefits.
The only downside of not being a teacher is not having a rank that stands out from others, have the ability to give RPPs, change weather (in the past), increased prop limit, the expected honesty and the trust from the staff and others. Some members that I will not name that I know, became teachers because they wanted staff, some have become as a result, so there's that as well, an agenda.