Fusion of Teacher and Moderator
(12-03-2019, 04:56 PM)Wolven Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 10:42 PM)Arny Wrote: Giving powers such as banning or blacklisting to a rank that people can apply for is a bad idea imo

You can apply to contributor and they can have a damaging effect. Looking at some past 1's

If anything, it makes it easier to pick applicants out because the staff can see who would like to try a staff position out, to who they would've picked for mod/trial.

Contributor is very different and is a stupid thing to compare this to. We can't exactly go around the server picking people to be contrib now can we? Playing on the server doesn't show someone's ability to code at all. With any administrative role you easily can pick people from how they behave on the servers. The system works fine as it is now with staff hand-picking good candidates.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-03-2019, 05:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 10:42 PM)Arny Wrote: Giving powers such as banning or blacklisting to a rank that people can apply for is a bad idea imo

You can apply to contributor and they can have a damaging effect. Looking at some past 1's

If anything, it makes it easier to pick applicants out because the staff can see who would like to try a staff position out, to who they would've picked for mod/trial.

Contributor is very different and is a stupid thing to compare this to. We can't exactly go around the server picking people to be contrib now can we? Playing on the server doesn't show someone's ability to code at all. With any administrative role you easily can pick people from how they behave on the servers. The system works fine as it is now with staff hand-picking good candidates.

LOL?

If someone malicious wanted to, they could apply to contributor and fuck up shit, it's happened before.

If people could apply for staff, the odds of them getting it don't boost, it just makes it easier for the staff to see who would take on that position.

Smhhhh read what I put.
Wolven

I don't understand why some are calling the teacher rank useless. Usefulness is not measured by the amount of power a rank holds. Teachers give the opportunity for experienced roleplayers to help other less experienced players via an easy-to-use system, I don't see why this is considered useless.
With that in mind, I can see the benefits of granting teachers the ability to tp to/from players and having a separate Event Coordinator rank, which could entice more roleplay on the server.
[Image: jjQxeVO.gif]
The following 2 users Like Ivan Headshotski's post:
  • Pollux, RoCKy
(12-03-2019, 05:39 PM)Ranger Wrote:

It really doesn't make it easier at all, if a player applies for a position such as this then they are likely to act differently from the way they would usually. The reason we pick staff members the way we do is to see how they would usually act in a normal environment.

ok cool?

I can apply for teacher and act different aswell. Staff just need to lookout for that change of attitude, not hard to spot.
Wolven

(12-03-2019, 06:12 PM)Wolven Wrote:

It really doesn't make it easier at all, if a player applies for a position such as this then they are likely to act differently from the way they would usually. The reason we pick staff members the way we do is to see how they would usually act in a normal environment.

ok cool?

I can apply for teacher and act different aswell. Staff just need to lookout for that change of attitude, not hard to spot.

Teachers do not have the same powers as staff, that's the difference.
(12-03-2019, 06:20 PM)Kevin Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 06:12 PM)Wolven Wrote:

ok cool?

Teachers do not have the same powers as staff, that's the difference.

Of course there's a difference between staff and teachers. Like teachers help and staff are there to administrate, but you can still find a good candidate for staff if it were on a "application basis". Just takes time, as it does already. Just helps the staff narrow down who would want the role.
Wolven

(12-03-2019, 06:12 PM)Ivan Headshotski Wrote: I don't understand why some are calling the teacher rank useless. Usefulness is not measured by the amount of power a rank holds. Teachers give the opportunity for experienced roleplayers to help other less experienced players via an easy-to-use system, I don't see why this is considered useless.
With that in mind, I can see the benefits of granting teachers the ability to tp to/from players and having a separate Event Coordinator rank, which could entice more roleplay on the server.
Teachers create a plateau in experience and knowledge, particularly in aggressive rp. You don't need a rank to answer questions and be helpful, if you genuinely are caring, helpful, and a good-hearted person, why do you need to apply for a rank that stands out from others that comes with benefits and the instant trust from the staff and players? Can't you do the same thing as a non teacher?
(12-03-2019, 06:10 PM)Wolven Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 05:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:

LOL?

If someone malicious wanted to, they could apply to contributor and fuck up shit, it's happened before.

If people could apply for staff, the odds of them getting it don't boost, it just makes it easier for the staff to see who would take on that position.

Smhhhh read what I put.

How are contributors relevant at all to people being able to apply for a administrative role? With Contributors there is no alternative to applications and we have multiple safeguards in place to prevent abuse and make it almost impossible to abuse the rank. These safeguards are not possible with an administrative role. With staff you have the option of either doing applications or handpicking people. With your own logic, it's better to handpick people due to the risk involved? There's a much higher chance of a staff member causing damage on the server than a contributor due to contributor being such a strictly controlled rank. I really don't get the point you're trying to make here, it makes no sense.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Unwanted Suggestion

Denied.

[Image: 15754022851372500391534299411063.png]
(12-03-2019, 07:46 PM)Slaint Wrote: Unwanted Suggestion

Denied.

[Image: 15754022851372500391534299411063.png]

This is a discussion, pal. If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all.

Going back on-topic, I'll be posting a fairly large comment soon to clear up some stuff in this suggestion and address some points made by certain individuals.
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Slaint