Community Meeting
(11-24-2019, 02:20 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 01:52 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 01:30 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 11:39 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:13 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Tomorrow at that time I do have a meeting, but one in real life. I can't cancel that meeting since it's planned for months.
Please do not think that I don't care about the community, I would like to read the outcome of it and I trust the team.

Whilst it was the initiative of a few staff members, you as an owner of this community have the power more than anyone to decide when this meeting takes place. People would not mind if you would suggest to postpone the meeting to next week or whatever, because it will more than anything show that you want to help Fearless improve, and it would show that you genuinely do care.

Actions speak louder than words. You can say you care about the community, but you can also show it by discussing internally whether postponing would be possible so that you can actually be present during this community meeting. Take the initiative now to steer this in the right direction, don't end up looking back at this all in the future and regret it, nobody here wants that to happen.

Delaying this further will result in more time being wasted, we can fill Soul in later as to what happened in the meeting as everything said in there will be recorded and written onto a thread anyway. The point of this was to get something done quickly.

You had a meeting without Soul and you literally did fuck all after it. It's obvious all of you are incapable of handling the situation. That meeting on Monday that's the real waste of time, waiting for Soul is not.

The meeting wasn't that long ago and things are being done as a direct result of that meeting.

So in a meeting with all the team the best idea you came up with is having a second meetings once again without Soul. Out of all the issues you thought prioritizing a community meeting that will most likely be filled with trolls was the best idea. All hope is lost, this is the worse team fearless has ever had ( when it comes to handling situations like this one because if I am being honest dev wise you guys are pretty good ) , you guys can not handle the situation one bit and it's obvious. This is by FAR the worse state I have ever seen FL on. Mark my words, there is no coming back from this one unless Soul does something because as I've said, you are all incapable of handling the situation.
(11-24-2019, 02:58 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 02:20 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 01:52 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 01:30 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 11:39 AM)Yonno Wrote: Whilst it was the initiative of a few staff members, you as an owner of this community have the power more than anyone to decide when this meeting takes place. People would not mind if you would suggest to postpone the meeting to next week or whatever, because it will more than anything show that you want to help Fearless improve, and it would show that you genuinely do care.

Actions speak louder than words. You can say you care about the community, but you can also show it by discussing internally whether postponing would be possible so that you can actually be present during this community meeting. Take the initiative now to steer this in the right direction, don't end up looking back at this all in the future and regret it, nobody here wants that to happen.

Delaying this further will result in more time being wasted, we can fill Soul in later as to what happened in the meeting as everything said in there will be recorded and written onto a thread anyway. The point of this was to get something done quickly.

You had a meeting without Soul and you literally did fuck all after it. It's obvious all of you are incapable of handling the situation. That meeting on Monday that's the real waste of time, waiting for Soul is not.

The meeting wasn't that long ago and things are being done as a direct result of that meeting.

So in a meeting with all the team the best idea you came up with is having a second meetings once again without Soul. Out of all the issues you thought prioritizing a community meeting that will most likely be filled with trolls was the best idea. All hope is lost, this is the worse team fearless has ever had ( when it comes to handling situations like this one because if I am being honest dev wise you guys are pretty good ) , you guys can not handle the situation one bit and it's obvious. This is by FAR the worse state I have ever seen FL on. Mark my words, there is no coming back from this one unless Soul does something because as I've said, you are all incapable of handling the situation.

No this wasn't part of the plan discussed in the meeting, so that's wrong. If you're think we're the worst team I can't really say much to change your opinion there, just wait and see for what we do. The meeting won't be full of trolls as mics will be restricted, there's a system inplace to make sure the meeting actually works.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Hi I don't think this post is necessary, but I thought I'd make a post to be transparent seeing as there was some confusion as to the nature behind this post and also the editing of the original post.

At the start of the month we had a meeting with both the admin team and then the development team in terms of how we would move forward in terms of the community survey SoulRipper posted - which will have some things coming from it imminently.
In this meeting we brought up the idea of a community meeting and upon speaking about it, as a majority (I believe even some who originally were signed as members who were hosting this meeting) we decided it was a bad idea, due to the chaotic nature of such meetings and also the fact that we didn't believe it would be the best way of gathering data. 
Considering we already hosted a survey we didn't think overburdening the community with things that many perceive as empty promises was something that would be good for the community. Words mean little but only action can prove our dedication to improving the servers.

Recently we have had quite a dip in player count, which seemingly is now coming back up slowly - but alongside this Tomo and I were busy with work and uni and so did not have time to react to such a sudden shift in player count. I explained to the administrative team that things would start to happen once I had finished with uni for a while (which is today, 24/11/2018). While this was going on, concerned staff members decided to direct message the staff members they believed would be interested in hosting a community meeting in hopes to see what people want so we could fix the issue of the player count. This showed nothing but initiative and care in terms of bringing the community back to a fine era.

However, the lack of communication towards both SAs, the development team and a small amount of administrators was not appreciated by many due to the fact that it could represent those that were not informed as 'not caring' and perhaps they were people who wanted to 'ban' such a thing from occurring in the first place - which could not be further from the truth, instead we just believed it wasn't the best action to do at this moment in time. This is why it was labelled as an 'unofficial' meeting - as it was simply a group of administrators who wanted to do this by themselves.

Upon learning of this meeting, I spoke to the staff members involved in hosting it and stated that these sort of things should be discussed with the team before being announced and every member of the team should be informed. It's not something any of us had any interest in stopping at any time, but stated that we need to be unit in terms of taking action in server issues going forward. Now, because of this it is now going to be an official meeting and will be a collective effort from all members of the team. Although we still definitely have reservations in terms of how successful this sort of meeting could be, it could be a positive learning experience for us all and if it proves useful perhaps we will have more.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 8 users Like Divey's post:
  • Ranger, Pollux, Joe Joe, Jonas, Slaint, Grape, Nephew, Ryan
A reminder that this is on tonight at 7:30 Smile
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • Lewwings
Riveting meeting so far

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

When Soul doesn't even show up
Signature removed, too large - DVN
Hearing and listening to Pollux gave me a special feeling, I don't know how to describe it
The following 6 users Like Jan's post:
  • Dimitris, ryan!, konsta, Pollux, Luna, Ivan Headshotski
(11-25-2019, 10:30 PM)Jan Wrote: Hearing and listening to Pollux gave me a special feeling, I don't know how to describe it

Errrrrr
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
We'd like to thank everyone who took their time to come to the meeting and give their valid points regarding FL. These points will be taken into consideration and will attempt to improve on the communities feedback. Over the next week during my freetime I will categorise the notes and release them for you all to see.

Once again thanks to all
The Staff Team
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 2 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • TASSIA, Jonas
After taking into account the points of everyone involved the notes will be cleaned up and made public in the coming days. While that is in process we kindly ask all those who attended to fill out this brief survey for reference in the future. Any results which are publicly used will be used with the removal of the players name.

Thanks!
The Staff Team
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<