New hardware and software
Realizing now that ridiculously low tick-rate and being able to spam meds have been going hand-in-hand for many years completely baffles my mind.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Archer, Pollux, Joe Joe
(11-30-2019, 12:20 AM)S!RNARC Wrote: what the fuck is a tickrate? requesting reply from Pollux

Matchmaking on csgo is 64 tickrate while stuff like ESEA is 128 tickrate. Trust me, people moan that 64 tickrate is bad due to not rendering shots etc
(11-29-2019, 07:57 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 07:56 PM)TASSIA Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 07:23 PM)BGCrafter Wrote: Will this mean less Lag and more FPS?

Not necessarily FPS as FPS is clientside rendering.
However, we should see some improvements regarding server performance (lag, ping, tick-rate, etc.).
Yes, and since it's not a shooter game we limited tickrate to 22.
What is going to be the tickrate?
(11-30-2019, 12:05 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 07:57 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 07:56 PM)TASSIA Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 07:23 PM)BGCrafter Wrote: Will this mean less Lag and more FPS?

Not necessarily FPS as FPS is clientside rendering.
However, we should see some improvements regarding server performance (lag, ping, tick-rate, etc.).
Yes, and since it's not a shooter game we limited tickrate to 22.
What is going to be the tickrate?

22, was explained a bit earlier in the thread.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
We have to experiment what the best tickrate would be. Tickrate 66 should be possible with 10 players on, but would be too much with 50 players on. With the new server panel, we have a better indication of the current state of the server.

It's not just bullets that sync, but every single calculation on certain hooks (such as Think hooks)

My goal is to reduce the laggy experience and also make it faster for new people to join.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 4 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Pollux, Luna, Dimitris, Chumps
(11-30-2019, 06:11 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: We have to experiment what the best tickrate would be. Tickrate 66 should be possible with 10 players on, but would be too much with 50 players on. With the new server panel, we have a better indication of the current state of the server.

It's not just bullets that sync, but every single calculation on certain hooks (such as Think hooks)

My goal is to reduce the laggy experience and also make it faster for new people to join.

Have you tried using a tickrate of 60+ on live server?
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Dimitris
(11-30-2019, 07:12 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 06:11 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: We have to experiment what the best tickrate would be. Tickrate 66 should be possible with 10 players on, but would be too much with 50 players on. With the new server panel, we have a better indication of the current state of the server.

You can't compare something like CSGO with a tickrate of 64+ to Garry's Mod. We used to have it on 34 and I then lowered it to 22 when I was developer. 22 is also the default tickrate for garrysmod servers and there's a good reason for that. If performance still struggles, we'll likely lower it to 16 which is standard for roleplay servers.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-30-2019, 07:45 PM)Pollux Wrote:

You can't compare something like CSGO with a tickrate of 64+ to Garry's Mod. We used to have it on 34 and I then lowered it to 22 when I was developer. 22 is also the default tickrate for garrysmod servers and there's a good reason for that. If performance still struggles, we'll likely lower it to 16 which is standard for roleplay servers.

Completly ignoring my question; have you tried it on 60.
(11-30-2019, 07:48 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 07:45 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Completly ignoring my question; have you tried it on 60.

No and we won't because it's a bad idea, higher isn't always better.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Won’t a higher tick rate cause more issues than good since fps is like 30 max anyway?