Poll: Should developers receive some sort of payment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
51.92%
27 51.92%
No
23.08%
12 23.08%
Yes ( but only ingame stuff )
25.00%
13 25.00%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Developers getting payed
(11-26-2019, 12:28 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Yes, I think it would be a great idea.

As long as they are told what are good gamemode suggestions and they get paid for them. Yes but I would expect updates to come out quicker.

Maybe instead of encouraging them to do something that they might not want to do, maybe adding some kind of "bounty" type system with some updates having a bigger reward for completing them. I believe this would be a good middle ground.
Tbh instead of paying people or buying scripts, i'd upgrade the server to get a massive boost in server side performance which will likely be very noticable. The server is running on an i7 from 2015, upgrading to an I9 or even something cheaper like a Ryzen 7 or 5 will be noticable. Each server isn't even running on it's own core atm.

[Image: xh68YGU.png]

It's a bit weird when the development/mess around server we're looking at getting is almost 2x better than FL's dedicated.

For those curious, this is what the FL server is running atm:
[Image: lqaNYPu.png]

Development server we're looking at:
[Image: 6R4KGkY.png]

Me and Arny can also easily set up a way better panel + GIT or SVN which would boost developer productivity by a ton for free.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-27-2019, 03:53 AM)Pollux Wrote: Tbh instead of paying people or buying scripts, i'd upgrade the server to get a massive boost in server side performance which will likely be very noticable. The server is running on an i7 from 2015, upgrading to an I9 or even something cheaper like a Ryzen 7 or 5 will be noticable. Each server isn't even running on it's own core atm.

[Image: xh68YGU.png]

It's a bit weird when the development/mess around server we're looking at getting is almost 2x better than FL's dedicated.

For those curious, this is what the FL server is running atm:
[Image: lqaNYPu.png]

Development server we're looking at:
[Image: 6R4KGkY.png]

Me and Arny can also easily set up a way better panel + GIT or SVN which would boost developer productivity by a ton for free.
Get dev first
Wolven

I believe that Developers really should be paid on a commission basis since they're basically freelancers.

Maybe start looking into turning Fearless from only a community to an actual brand that will hit different games in the future, could be a very interesting project for companies that like to sponsor these kinds of projects.

Edit:

There's a lot of gaming companies that offer affiliate marketing programme to small freelancers as well as companies/gaming communities. The more players = will result in more pay from commission to Fearless. So much can be played around with here to actually become something special.
The following 1 user Likes Kevin's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Well, i highly doubt that soulripper will pay them real money. because, come on now. I say the Devs could get IG stuff because why not lo, they are doing stuff for the server and getting nothing back the now, we dont even know if the Devs are getting a "thank you" for their work. In game stuff will be fine.
First, fix the internal development structure and treatment. Then get paid...
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
I would rather pay for scripts that are already completed than pay development to make the scripts
(11-28-2019, 09:44 AM)Fultz Wrote: I would rather pay for scripts that are already completed than pay development to make the scripts

But we have to heavily modify those scripts anyway, making buying them sorta useless (apart from the models, they're good).
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-28-2019, 11:41 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 09:44 AM)Fultz Wrote: I would rather pay for scripts that are already completed than pay development to make the scripts

But we have to heavily modify those scripts anyway, making buying them sorta useless (apart from the models, they're good).

Heavily modify? I understand you want to oversell yourself because of this discussion about potentially your payment, but come on.
(11-28-2019, 02:44 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 11:41 AM)Pollux Wrote:

Heavily modify? I understand you want to oversell yourself because of this discussion about potentially your payment, but come on.

From the little, I know about developing making scripts that were made for a specific game mode work with some other type of game mode takes a lot of work. So I am very confident Pollux's statement is in fact true.