Poll: Should developers receive some sort of payment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
51.92%
27 51.92%
No
23.08%
12 23.08%
Yes ( but only ingame stuff )
25.00%
13 25.00%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Developers getting payed
(12-20-2019, 12:58 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 02:56 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 02:13 PM)Midget Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 02:02 PM)Pollux Wrote: The reason people are suggesting this now is because a good way to raise pop is regular updates and a good way to get regular updates is to help tackle developer motivation.

I dispute this and claim that updates is not a sufficient way of bringing new players to the server. However I do believe they can maintain the current players interest. 

A new player is not presumed to have any knowledge of the server or the community before the first log-in.

The problem, in it's essence: How can the server become more available for a person browsing for any kind of role play server.

This exactly. Everyone is to focused on retention instead of addition. The players in this community are unwelcoming to new players and the game mode itself is as well. Instead of trying to pump out new updates to retain players from leaving, why not focus on trying to get new players into joining and then trying to convince them to stay?

Current updates are focused on retention rather than just content.

Yes that is what I said and what is the current problem
(12-20-2019, 02:18 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 02:13 PM)Midget Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 02:02 PM)Pollux Wrote: The reason people are suggesting this now is because a good way to raise pop is regular updates and a good way to get regular updates is to help tackle developer motivation.

I dispute this and claim that updates is not a sufficient way of bringing new players to the server. However I do believe they can maintain the current players interest. 

A new player is not presumed to have any knowledge of the server or the community before the first log-in.

The problem, in it's essence: How can the server become more available for a person browsing for any kind of role play server.

This exactly. Everyone is to focused on retention instead of addition. The players in this community are unwelcoming to new players and the game mode itself is as well. Instead of trying to pump out new updates to retain players from leaving, why not focus on trying to get new players into joining and then trying to convince them to stay?

Oh I completely misread it, that's my bad. I don't see why focusing on retention with updates is a bad idea though?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-20-2019, 02:47 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 02:18 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 02:13 PM)Midget Wrote: I dispute this and claim that updates is not a sufficient way of bringing new players to the server. However I do believe they can maintain the current players interest. 

Oh I completely misread it, that's my bad. I don't see why focusing on retention with updates is a bad idea though?

The reason it's a bad idea is because you will never appease the people you are trying to keep. They are bored of what FL is and whenever you add something new they will use it a large amount then be bored again. This will forever repeat.

Instead you should be focusing on gaining and keeping new players who can enjoy what the server is in being a unique roleplay experience. A larger player count is what the longer serving people need because for aggressive people it's new people to feud with and for passive people it's new people to enjoy roleplay with. 

Addition is what made fearless prosper in the past and what we should be focusing on to make it better now. What I said above is the reason and as you can see, no one has learned this yet and is why we are in the current dilemma we are in.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Haarek
Closed on request.