Community Meeting
Jonas, Joe Joe and two more had to create this post themselves to try to limit and bring improvement to the damage of the past years and the rest of the Staff just changes (or ask for a change of) the signature to "The Staff Team" after the community supports them, instead of supporting this from the first place. It makes absolutely no sense to me and once more shows how fucked up things are. You sure should have pulled on the same string when it comes to bringing FL out of its misery (please do not attempt to argue that point; in 2016 (when I joined) there constantly were 40-50 players online, on weekends you couldn't even join. Now I am happy to see about 30-40 at max. Garry's Mod decreasing popularity must not be the reason for that, since many other servers have not been damaged as much as FL was. It is just FL's CityRP and other Communities (/Servers) who haven't dealt with their popularity well enough.). I dunno whetever the Administrators are behaving as childish towards each other as the Developers are (or if they just hide it better), but this thread showed how you guys are not working together in a way you should.

I am not back for long, but I have already seen some behavior that is simply inappropriate when it comes to bringing improvement to the server. Developers screw things up, won't admit it and other Developers bitch about it in OOC, calling them out for having "no balls" (Tassia & Arny Wink), Contributors "buff" test vehicles so much one can barely drive around the City anymore because anyone (Staff, Developer(s), Contributor(s)), except for one person were policemen at that time) who has access to the Car is not able to control it and rams everyone on the road.
Such things have drawn me to servers like LimeLight or even DarkRP servers where such situations do not / rarely occur. I am not alone with that decision.

Stuff like that probably is not the main reason for why the server went downhill so much, but such situations certainly contributed to it.

I already expect the Staff and Developers to deny and “set things straight” now after this was mentioned, but I just wanted to get it off my chest since these are the most obvious things I have noticed.
The following 1 user Likes Idea's post:
  • Archer
(11-23-2019, 11:03 PM)Idea Wrote: I am not back for long, but I have already seen some behavior that is simply inappropriate when it comes to bringing improvement to the server. Developers screw things up, won't admit it and other Developers bitch about it in OOC, calling them out for having "no balls" (Tassia & Arny Wink), Contributors "buff" test vehicles so much one can barely drive around the City anymore because anyone (Staff, Developer(s), Contributor(s)), except for one person were policemen at that time) who has access to the Car is not able to control it and rams everyone on the road.
Such things have drawn me to servers like another community or even DarkRP servers where such situations do not / rarely occur. I am not alone with that decision.

Whilst I agree that the team is not 100% perfect, you have to understand that the purpose of test vehicles is to allow periods for adjustment so they’re not completely broken when released to everyone. Attacking individual people for making mistakes is completely unfair. If it’s being used for FailRP, that’s a different matter that should be reported to the admins via a PR or @
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(11-23-2019, 11:29 PM)Conn Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 11:03 PM)Idea Wrote: -Snip-

Whilst I agree that the team is not 100% perfect, you have to understand that the purpose of test vehicles is to allow periods for adjustment so they’re not completely broken when released to everyone. Attacking individual people for making mistakes is completely unfair. If it’s being used for FailRP, that’s a different matter that should be reported to the admins via a PR or @
Apparently I have not put too much details into that;
Many team members have used the vehicle, despite them crashing into any- and everything. In OOC there were multiple requests of players (including me) asking them to fix the vehicle, but the only real response was “it’s not fixable until a restart”, which seems fair enough. Instead of not using the vehicle or disabling it, they kept on driving it, although there was no way to get proper control over it.
Just to clear this up once more; 7/8 Cops (people who could drive the vehicle I am talking about) were team members. I think the only person who was no part of the team did not even have access to the car.
id like to request an interpreter. i am deaf
and i like the little hand dances the person does
(11-23-2019, 11:38 PM)Idea Wrote:

Many team members have used the vehicle, despite them crashing into any- and everything. In OOC there were multiple requests of players (including me) asking them to fix the vehicle, but the only real response was “it’s not fixable until a restart”, which seems fair enough. Instead of not using the vehicle or disabling it, they kept on driving it, although there was no way to get proper control over it.
Just to clear this up once more; 7/8 Cops (people who could drive the vehicle I am talking about) were team members. I think the only person who was no part of the team did not even have access to the car.

I buffed the car way too much accidently, reason it wasn't fixed quickly was because the vehicle is being removed anyway. The reason it hasn't been removed yet is because i've been busy lately, i'll work on that now.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-24-2019, 01:40 AM)Pollux Wrote:

I buffed the car way too much accidently, reason it wasn't fixed quickly was because the vehicle is being removed anyway. The reason it hasn't been removed yet is because i've been busy lately, i'll work on that now.

Does not justify the continuous mingery after people have complained about it in OOC.. it's not like players you can't control were driving the vechicles, it were freaking team members who should stop pissing players off, especally when they complain about it.
(11-24-2019, 01:55 AM)Idea Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 01:40 AM)Pollux Wrote:

Does not justify the continuous mingery..

I know, however it's a bit hard to do anything on the past mingery right now. Beta testers can be spoken to which will prevent it happening again. I've also removed the test car and it's gone from live too now.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Order!!!
Tomorrow at that time I do have a meeting, but one in real life. I can't cancel that meeting since it's planned for months.
Please do not think that I don't care about the community, I would like to read the outcome of it and I trust the team.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Slaint
(11-24-2019, 09:13 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Tomorrow at that time I do have a meeting, but one in real life. I can't cancel that meeting since it's planned for months.
Please do not think that I don't care about the community, I would like to read the outcome of it and I trust the team.

You can postpone it, I am pretty sure most of the community would prefer you being there, also to me it seems kinda stupid that the staff team decided to have that meeting on a Monday...