Black Market Dealer
Alright gang, what do you all think of BMDs farming weed and having contraband?

Both of my suggestions were denied by Commiebob, have a look at the thread
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=94863
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=94864

And the quotes that denied them all
Pollux Wrote:

-support

No merchant role should be able to do contraband or weed as they're meant to be doing their primary job of selling items, not sitting in a base earning money. It just doesn't make sense for any merchant role to be able to base. The reason I initially removed their ability to do weed was due to the role being used to self-supply and not actually being used to sell people items.

""As a Blackmarket Dealer your role is as a merchant and so your job is to sell and deliver goods not produce them yourself"" - FL Staff team
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you're telling me a criminal, shouldn't get himself, and the whole city high, and make some money aside while waiting for buyers because he's a merchant? to prevent him from self supplying himself weed?  How do you expect anyone to become BMD, to make money, when there's a tough market out there that doesn't have a regular flow of consumers? I rarely see BMDs in the server, if any at all. So one day, I ran out of kevlar, injection needles, seeds, molotovs, and breaches, so what do I do now? A wise guy told me in that situation, you become BMD and supply yourself (without getting caught) and others if there's anyone like you that need some basic things, and make money out of it.

The staff team is pulling a War on Drugs, it hasn't reduced the drug use or the demand, and it didn't disrupt the supply of drugs neither. The only thing it led to is violence, death, parents losing their son to some nasty needle, an increase in prices for drugs, and lots, lots of people in prison, the nonviolent drug addicts suffer the most in prison. 
It's the same thing with FL. Tomo, Divey, Pollux, Conn, and others hasn't reduced self supplying, the only thing they did is make little Nicholas become BMD and self supply his own drug addiction, injection needles, kevlar, and get him banned for self supplying, because nobody wants to be BMD anymore. It's time to do what's right.

And I don't really get all the excitement about BMD and self supplying, what about chefs? don't they self supply themselves with alcoholic beverages for molotovs? nobody becomes a chef "to feed the city" like it says in the loading screens, we're all in it for the money, and RPPs sometimes. Merchants are not jobs that are in the benefit of the people, something that Commiebob and his loser friend fail to understand. They all want to make money, otherwise there won't be any goods and services to spend my capital on. This is Capitalism 101 and basic economics.

Share your opinion on weed farming and contraband use for BMDs in the comments below!
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Pollux
bmd grow weed??????
I'd rather focus on making merchant roles more attractive rather than just allowing self-supply, which is what I feel like you're getting at.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-18-2019, 08:36 PM)Zombie Wrote: Both of my suggestions were denied by Commiebob, have a look at the thread

[...]

something that Commiebob and his loser friend fail to understand.

[Image: cTOuPgI.png]
[Image: AKhoKHh.png]

comrades for the war on bmds
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • Pollux
I seen the reason as the team discussed so and so and it would fall under powergaming which i do understand, but just because of the rules being somewhat poor, it could be re-written the community wanted that back, and yet again you fail to deliver.

I understand your job isnt easy, but you dont half bring some of the criticism your way, just an honest opinion.

But zombie, making threads and potentially starting arguments wont fix them denying the suggestion, just go back to the drawing board and write the suggestion up again but with further detail on how to change the rules around it etc. That way you are doing everything you can.

But just curious, in a suggestion if we was to suggest rule changes to suit the suggestion would that be fine, or because we are only members it is not within our ability to do so?
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]