Different Games - Branching Out?
(10-21-2019, 01:29 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 11:43 AM)Dimitris Wrote: GMOD and GMOD with the FL game mode on it has a HUGE difference.

Please provide the minimum specs for playing on FL then.

If anything, the specs will be more than the minimum Gmod specs, which will close the gap between Gmod>Arma/GTA5.
This will mean that most people that play on FL will also most likely be able to run Arma/GTA5 too.
Have actually played Arma? The game runs like shit, you'll need fiddle with your graphics settings for about an hour before you can even get in-game, and even then it is still not FL demographic, older people play Arma due to its serious nature (18-30 year olds). If we branch into Arma maybe some of the aggressive RP community (who already play arma a lot ) would follow us.
(10-21-2019, 05:37 AM)RIC0H Wrote: You can also get the games cheaper from other sites such as G2A.

I really wouldn't buy off G2A, it's an unreliable and unregulated market loaded with scammers. Humble Store, GreenManGaming & Fanatical are much better alternatives.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
(10-21-2019, 01:35 PM)Ranger Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 11:43 AM)Dimitris Wrote: GMOD and GMOD with the FL game mode on it has a HUGE difference.

If anything, the specs will be more than the minimum Gmod specs, which will close the gap between Gmod>Arma/GTA5.
This will mean that most people that play on FL will also most likely be able to run Arma/GTA5 too.
Have actually played Arma? The game runs like shit, you'll need fiddle with your graphics settings for about an hour before you can even get in-game, and even then it is still not FL demographic, older people play Arma due to its serious nature (18-30 year olds). If we branch into Arma maybe some of the aggressive RP community (who already play arma a lot ) would follow us.

Great point, the problem is where would FL actually fit in under an Arma community? Would they go under the more custom route? So for example a server like Anzus. Or do they fall under the route of going for something like Olympus. If it would be the latter. Unfortunately FL isn’t going to have any success what so ever. That current area of Arma is massively jam packed with servers and unless you come up with something creative (which you need good devs for) the server will die very quickly. See the issue I have, is if FL does go under the route of going to Arma a large majority of the community we have now are passive role players. Either they will need to massively adapt to a game like Arma which is a very highly skilled action game which can take 1000’s if hours to perfect. I’m sorry to inform everyone however the best route FL can go in terms of other games would be GTA. It would more suit the style of the server as it isn’t just all “combat” which so many of the players on FL already moan about. Sorry if some of the shit doesn’t make sense, on my phone auto correct is a bitch.

Arma is 10 times more demanding than GMOD sir.
(10-22-2019, 04:23 AM)JoshZ Wrote:

Arma is 10 times more demanding than GMOD sir.

In that post we're not talking about Gmod itself, it was about the specs of the FL server (that apparently demands more specs).

I've already covered the min specs for Gmod/Arma/GTA5 in another post.

Also 10x?

Current:

Gmod
Processor: 2 GHz Processor or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512MB dedicated VRAM or better

ARMA
Processor:Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT / AMD Radeon HD 5670 / Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM

But you're saying that it should be this?

Gmod
Processor: 2 GHz Processor or better
Graphics: 512 MB VRAM or better

ARMA
Processor: 20 GHz
Memory: 40 GB RAM
Graphics: 5120 MB VRAM

lol ok

But just to point out, GTA5 and Arma have basically the same min specs:

GTA5
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible

ARMA
Processor:Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT / AMD Radeon HD 5670 / Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
DirectX®:10
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
To re-create anything that comes close to what we've got now, would be very hard.

I've been thinking in the past about building a new game based on the Unreal or Unity engine, so not a mod of a game, but a standalone game.
However, Gmod is not only about roleplaying, the building part is what makes Gmod so incredible. Good luck re-creating physics that come anything near what we're used to.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
yeah i love ttt
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(10-22-2019, 09:13 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: To re-create anything that comes close to what we've got now, would be very hard.

I've been thinking in the past about building a new game based on the Unreal or Unity engine, so not a mod of a game, but a standalone game.
However, Gmod is not only about roleplaying, the building part is what makes Gmod so incredible. Good luck re-creating physics that come anything near what we're used to.

Building our own game is unrealistic, but games already that can be modded would be great- yes, we lose building, but for the likes of aggressive RP, which seems to be the majority of RP at the moment, there are so many benefits: a bigger map, helicopters, actually decent guns, both passive and aggressive missions, etc

If not that, the gamemode could really do with redesigning from the ground up. It’s an absolute horror show in terms of code, and there’s no continuity anywhere, making it hard to work on
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

I like how you guys would support switching games entirely before joining the DarkRP category on Gmod. Truly fucking insane.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
TTT all the way
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep