Different Games - Branching Out?
Fearless DayZ RP when
(10-18-2019, 02:01 PM)Fultz Wrote: The main issue with branching out (like we have in the past) is proper administration. For example whenever we have had Minecraft servers in the past you would have maybe 2 staff members who actually played. If we would realistically start on a new game, we would need to have global staff who play all and start rapidly promoting on the new game too so we have full coverage.
This shouldn’t be too much of an issue realistically - plenty of time to consider that as the likes of GTA and ArmA would require a lot of development work and time, hopefully allowing time to get current staff trained up. Administration seems to be relatively different on the two other games too, with ArmA tending to handle cases more civilly wherever possible from my experience.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

Branching out into new games could bring players back who otherwise wouldn't due to a lack of interest in Gmod - and obviously a whole group of new players from whatever game. CityRP is a pretty small area for games and I think the two you've come up with are about as good as we'd get. Personally I'd rather see an Arma 3 roleplay due to the amount of players on there and how open it can be. (Though, if I may, fuck Altis.)
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
(10-18-2019, 06:03 PM)Kappatalist Wrote: Branching out into new games could bring players back who otherwise wouldn't due to a lack of interest in Gmod - and obviously a whole group of new players from whatever game. CityRP is a pretty small area for games and I think the two you've come up with are about as good as we'd get. Personally I'd rather see an Arma 3 roleplay due to the amount of players on there and how open it can be. (Though, if I may, fuck Altis.)

I reckon the best thing would be to base the mission off of Altus, and hopefully reach a good level of custom, just like with FL. Altis is open source and well documented, so..
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

I meant the map, I can't stand it.
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
The following 1 user Likes Kappatalist's post:
  • Conn
Not many people are realizing that most of the games you are bringing up are already dominated by big RP servers, there is little to no point branching into a game like DayZ it would cut the community in half, and just provide more problems than it fixes.
The following 6 users Like Ranger's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW, User 21796, Jonas, Wolven, Pollux, Dimitris
(10-18-2019, 02:14 PM)Forgee Wrote: Fearless DayZ RP when

You really think this community could rival DayZRP.

Crazy.

Go check their development, their staff is worse in the fact they are massively corrupt.

But the game is in a much more seriousness nature, when suggested was always turned down as the community is semi serious.

I do love Dayz and the RP element but i just dont think we could pull it off.

I guess this would get past the medkit spamming problem we apparently have lol.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Dimitris
(10-19-2019, 04:38 PM)Ranger Wrote: Not many people are realizing that most of the games you are bringing up are already dominated by big RP servers, there is little to no point branching into a game like DayZ it would cut the community in half, and just provide more problems than it fixes.

Exactly this, there is no way we can sustain two major projects at once and this even applies within gmod. We can't rival the massive servers already set up in each game or even gamemode, the only thing we can really realistically branch out to is a casual gamemode within gmod such as TTT, Prophunt or Flood. Casual games like Minecraft also work fine.

If FL really wants to branch out to different games, the best bet is S&box once that comes out (hopefully sometime soon) and even then that will be very difficult as other communities way bigger than us also plan on doing the same thing. That would also be more of a gradual replacement for CityRP more than anything too, as the target audience is the exact same.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Gmod
TTT is fun for a bit, but becomes boring quite fast

Prophunt is quite fun, as long as all the cheat spots are banned on every map
(ie) if you cannot be killed, then you're in a cheat spot

I think I still have the "I'm a banana" server files somewhere which I can give to you if you want a server.
(they will need to be tweaked a bit as they're old and probs wont work correctly with the current Gmod version)

Arma
I would support an arma server as the RP's can be quite interesting.
It would obviously need an economy and have jobs too

GTA5
Same reasons as above, I'd support.

People say that different games will split the community, sure that's true, but different gamemodes in Gmod will also have the same effect.
IMO if FL stays with 1 gamemode in 1 game, then the community will become stale (if not already) and will see a decline in players anyway.

The options are:
Spread out and split the player base
Stay the same and see a decline in the player base

Either way, there's going to be less players on a gamemode.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(10-20-2019, 02:26 PM)RIC0H Wrote: Gmod
TTT is fun for a bit, but becomes boring quite fast

Prophunt is quite fun, as long as all the cheat spots are banned on every map
(ie) if you cannot be killed, then you're in a cheat spot

I think I still have the "I'm a banana" server files somewhere which I can give to you if you want a server.
(they will need to be tweaked a bit as they're old and probs wont work correctly with the current Gmod version)

Arma
I would support an arma server as the RP's can be quite interesting.
It would obviously need an economy and have jobs too

GTA5
Same reasons as above, I'd support.
GMOD - could work as a casual gamemode 

ARMA - Quite hard to run for most of the community, already dominated by big RP server, not FLs demographic at all 

GTA -  Already dominated by other RP communities, and again not FLs demographic at all