Different Games - Branching Out?
Was there any point doing a survey?
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(10-16-2019, 07:29 PM)perqe Wrote: Was there any point doing a survey?

Obviously not, I mean the community clearly said they don't want to branch out into new games but this thread exists...
I’d like to see it personally, but the general community made their stance clear.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Dimitris
(10-16-2019, 07:36 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

Obviously not, I mean the community clearly said they don't want to branch out into new games but this thread exists...

I didn't see that point on the survey, and either way, this is a discussion thread as to why you support it or why you don't. There's no need for the bitchy attitude, is there?
Bare in mind the vote was about 55/45 against, meaning 45% of people would still be interested in considering the idea. If you don't like it, that's fine, this is just a pure discussion, so feel free to say why, you're entitled to an opinion, as is everyone else.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 2 users Like Conn's post:
  • Lewwings, Dimitris
i dunno if u read the survey tbh?
(10-16-2019, 07:55 PM)Conn Wrote:

I didn't see that point on the survey, and either way, this is a discussion thread as to why you support it or why you don't. There's no need for the bitchy attitude, is there?
Bare in mind the vote was about 55/45 against, meaning 45% of people would still be interested in considering the idea. If you don't like it, that's fine, this is just a pure discussion, so feel free to say why, you're entitled to an opinion, as is everyone else.

Sure, I know this is just a discussion and you just like everyone else have the right to make one about any subject you want. I am simply stating that since it was made clear on the survey that the community does not want this to happen why not focus on something they actually want? Anyways as I said I think that if this was to happen we would completely kill the gmod server.
(10-16-2019, 08:14 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 07:55 PM)Conn Wrote:

Sure, I know this is just a discussion and you just like everyone else have the right to make one about any subject you want. I am simply stating that since it was made clear on the survey that the community does not want this to happen why not focus on something they actually want? Anyways as I said I think that if this was to happen we would completely kill the gmod server.

You keep referring to 'the community' doesn't want it to happen. However, I am not sure if you've read his point as 55% of the community didn't want it to happen but 45% wanted it to happen. Obviously the statistics are a bit generalizing and straight forward. Nevertheless, because of the close outcome it's very good to have a discussion about this matter. Discussions how relevant or irrelevant you may find them, are in my opinion exactly what we need right now.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

Apples and oranges people, how does branching out to different games will necessarily kill FL? People who love GTA will continue playing GTA and people who love Gmod will continue playing Gmod. I only see potential and an increased number of new FL members.
The following 3 users Like konsta's post:
  • Conn, Kappatalist, RIC0H
(10-18-2019, 08:46 AM)Zombie Wrote: Apples and oranges people, how does branching out to different games will necessarily kill FL? People who love GTA will continue playing GTA and people who love Gmod will continue playing Gmod. I only see potential and an increased number of new FL members.

100% agree with you. Same with ArmA. Not everyone can run GTA/ArmA, and not everyone enjoys them.

Let’s be realistic though, it will expand the community, even if that means that some reshuffle to different games, it’s not a bad thing to change, and they offer much better experiences.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The main issue with branching out (like we have in the past) is proper administration. For example whenever we have had Minecraft servers in the past you would have maybe 2 staff members who actually played. If we would realistically start on a new game, we would need to have global staff who play all and start rapidly promoting on the new game too so we have full coverage.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Haarek