What happened to Forum Moderation?
It's been a growing problem over the past few months, where comments that include toxicity, or comments enticing flame wars or name-calling don't get addressed the way they should be. This also goes for off-topic comments, or much rather whole off-topic discussions in the wrong places. Discord is another great example where people are getting away with tons of things.

Has the staff team lowered their standards of forum moderation, or do people just not give a shit?
I believe it plays a big role in why the community is in such a toxic state, and it's a damn shame to see the respect for admin just become less and less, solely because nothing is done about it. 
In my opinion, staff disrespect has become more and more of an issue over the past years, but I suppose that's a topic for another time.

People try to push the line further and further with their comments every week, and it feels like the staff team just lets the toxic vocal minority trample over them.
I'd post examples of comments from the past 2 weeks that should have been addressed, but I wouldn't want to start a witch hunt on community members.

Am I the only one noticing this? Or am I perhaps being too stern in regards to how forum moderation should be done nowadays? 
What do you guys think?
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 4 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Conn, Pollux, Lewwings, TASSIA
Yeah, I noticed a recent player report where the OP used a certain word to describe the other person.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Yep your not the only one.
I don't want to slate the admin team for anything like that, but I certainly agree. Both on discord and on the forums, the amount of toxicity is disgusting, and there's really no need for any of it - especially over a game server.
If it's not punished, it'll continue to happen - how does that look appealing to anyone?
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  •
staff
I do want to slate the administrator team for their gross incompetence and worrying laziness when it comes to simple tasks such as these, the problems won’t go away if you ignore it, it will just get even worse.

The admins really need to get their act together.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • don, Flame..
From personal experience of being banned or warned on the forums: Could be more transparent and faster response.
(10-14-2019, 03:19 PM)Lewwings Wrote: I do want to slate the administrator team for their gross incompetence and worrying laziness when it comes to simple tasks such as these, the problems won’t go away if you ignore it, it will just get even worse.

There is always two sides to a story or comment.

Th staff team, have no right but to accept some of the comments made towards them, as its an opinion of their activity or capability, this is no way an insult.

Whilst i do agree, some of the messages are rather personal and no way constructive, but we wouldnt be in this position if they acted a different way, i love the team they are all decent people, but the fact of the matter is its been brought on them selves.

I hate for it to sound nasty or vile, but banning them for giving an opinion as such, would be terrible it would kill the community even more, even when there is credibility behind the comment.

This would literally turn into Nazi Germany.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(10-14-2019, 05:23 PM)perqe Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 03:19 PM)Lewwings Wrote: I do want to slate the administrator team for their gross incompetence and worrying laziness when it comes to simple tasks such as these, the problems won’t go away if you ignore it, it will just get even worse.

Th staff team, have no right but to accept some of the comments made towards them, as its an opinion of their activity or capability, this is no way an insult.

Whilst i do agree, some of the messages are rather personal and no way constructive, but we wouldnt be in this position if they acted a different way, i love the team they are all decent people, but the fact of the matter is its been brought on them selves.

I hate for it to sound nasty or vile, but banning them for giving an opinion as such, would be terrible it would kill the community even more, even when there is credibility behind the comment.

I’m just asking for active forums moderation, not bans?

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(10-14-2019, 05:49 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 05:23 PM)perqe Wrote:

I’m just asking for active forums moderation, not bans?

nah dw they still moderate i get warned still. i mean i just said a staff member was acting childish and i told someone to shutup so here i am sitting on 40% warn  Cool