Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(10-04-2019, 12:46 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 02:35 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:25 AM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:46 PM)ryan! Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:29 PM)Alphaverse Wrote: -
-

And with the DarkRP argument: Why not put it in the TTT area? Would be the same: You expect a gamemode you know and have an idea how it works. And if it is not thr case you would leave. At least I would because I want to play what I expected when I joined.

I am sorry, but this argument makes zero sense. No placing Fearless in TTT in comparison to DarkRP is not the same. First of all Dark RP is where Fearless was originally located back when. Because it is a section for ROLEPLAY servers. While TTT has zero aspects of roleplay. Roleplay is roleplay and if that is the grave you want to sit in, so be it. The only differences between CityRP and DarkRP is we maintain a more serious notion when it comes to models, rules, and in general community. Instead of being completely against the idea how about you consider the fact there are potentially players who are in DarkRP looking for something more serious than the general mess about of your basic DarkRP server and once they find our server located there they become genuinely strong players in our community? Negativity with outlandish claims leads to nothing and gets us no where. There is no negatives to moving the server into the DarkRP section.

The difference between us and DarkRP is that we don't use DarkRP as our gamemode. The server listing aren't based on whatever you feel like your server fits into, it's dependant on what gamemode you use. Yeah we can easily fake it to put us into the DarkRP section, but we're still lying and we won't be what people expect from a server in that category. It feels scummy to have people spend ages downloading all the content to join the server just to find out it isn't even the gamemode they were looking for and hope they stay because they've already put that effort in.

I don't think the name CityRP is that hard to find in a gamemode search, which is now possible due to the last update. I also don't even think the issue is that we're not gaining enough new players, it's more that we fail to retain any of those people who join and now we're also failing at keeping existing players.

[Image: uU4EnrT.png]

Edit: I didnt even search. Those were top servers that popped up.
(10-04-2019, 12:13 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:25 AM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:46 PM)ryan! Wrote: -

And with the DarkRP argument: Why not put it in the TTT area? Would be the same: You expect a gamemode you know and have an idea how it works. And if it is not thr case you would leave. At least I would because I want to play what I expected when I joined.

I am sorry, but this argument makes zero sense. No placing Fearless in TTT in comparison to DarkRP is not the same. First of all Dark RP is where Fearless was originally located back when. Because it is a section for ROLEPLAY servers. While TTT has zero aspects of roleplay. Roleplay is roleplay and if that is the grave you want to sit in, so be it. The only differences between CityRP and DarkRP is we maintain a more serious notion when it comes to models, rules, and in general community. Instead of being completely against the idea how about you consider the fact there are potentially players who are in DarkRP looking for something more serious than the general mess about of your basic DarkRP server and once they find our server located there they become genuinely strong players in our community? Negativity with outlandish claims leads to nothing and gets us no where. There is no negatives to moving the server into the DarkRP section.

The difference between us and DarkRP is that we don't use DarkRP as our gamemode. The server listing aren't based on whatever you feel like your server fits into, it's dependant on what gamemode you use. Yeah we can easily fake it to put us into the DarkRP section, but we're still lying and we won't be what people expect from a server in that category. It feels scummy to have people spend ages downloading all the content to join the server just to find out it isn't even the gamemode they were looking for and hope they stay because they've already put that effort in.

I don't think the name CityRP is that hard to find in a gamemode search, which is now possible due to the last update. I also don't even think the issue is that we're not gaining enough new players, it's more that we fail to retain any of those people who join and now we're also failing at keeping existing players.

They're using the DarkRP base I actually think I joined one of those like a month or two ago (don't ask why aha). I can't say for certain about the rest but they likely are too.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-04-2019, 10:52 AM)Conn Wrote: It's really quite hard to say whether moving to DarkRP is a good idea or not. It'd be better to weigh this out..

Pros
  • An increase and influx of new players
    yes
  • Higher up GM category on the server-list
    yes
Cons
  • CityRP FL is not DarkRP - nor is it based off of DarkRP. Originally it is Cider based, but has evolved in to what it is today, something which is completely different to all DarkRP servers - false advertising?
    Look at my picture above. Its not false advertising. It will say Semi-Serious as well as CityRP. We arent saying DarkRP | METH | STAFF NEEDED
  • Threat of players who aren't into (semi-)serious role-play, and look for a laid back and wouldn't suit the FL GM.
    If they dont suit the game mode, they will leave. You act as if everyone who curently joins the server love it.
  • By going into the DarkRP section, there is the possibility that FL is crowded by other servers that have a larger player base.
    You would rather stay as a hermit server in its own category at the bottom because we are going into a crowded space?
  • More, non-FL servers in the DarkRP category.
    Same reasoning as above. Same reply as above.
Nothing would really change with the gamemode other than a separate category, however it'd be worth considering the backlash with current players, a large sum of which heavily detest this idea.

You guys are overthinking this way too much and honestly I just can't understand why. All I am seeing in these replies is you guys dont want to be associated with DarkRP. But guess what. If Fearless added hobo as a job we are DarkRP. We already have the bug bait.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • , don
(10-04-2019, 12:30 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 12:13 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:25 AM)Alphaverse Wrote: And with the DarkRP argument: Why not put it in the TTT area? Would be the same: You expect a gamemode you know and have an idea how it works. And if it is not thr case you would leave. At least I would because I want to play what I expected when I joined.

They're using the DarkRP base I actually think I joined one of those like a month or two ago (don't ask why aha). I can't say for certain about the rest but they likely are too.

The one I highlighted says it is 100% custom. If that is the case we should be under Applejack servers instead of CityRP because we are in the same road as that servers comparison.

I dont know why this is getting so much backlash? It makes it seem like you guys want to stay at the pace we are going at. I mean truthfully Pollux I have seen you go against every suggestion to improve the server but have yet to provide a suggestion to make things better. You say we dont need to do this because people can search for CityRP easier now because of an update. But I am going to level with you I have yet to see an increase so I am going to have to assume that the update did not affect our numbers so we still have to do something.

Moving to DarkRP does not have any negative impact. We are not false advertising. If we are so is everyone else. This is to adapt or die. I think everyone is in agreeance that this will boost numbers. It is a simple thing to do so will not take up development time and then you guys as the development team can do your job and retain these kids who will be influxing in. THIS IS NOT HARD.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • ryan!
Maybe the category name 'CityRP' is not the right name. Nearly all RP servers are using a city as map.

Maybe we should name it differently, for example: Semi Serious Realistic City Roleplay
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(10-04-2019, 01:02 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Maybe the category name 'CityRP' is not the right name. Nearly all RP servers are using a city as map.

Maybe we should name it differently, for example: Semi Serious Realistic City Roleplay

If we do that we are still in the same situation we are in currently. If we would create a category like that we would still be located at the bottom and tough to find for your ordinary player who is looking for a new community to join. If use that as the description and join the DarkRP category I think that would be an accurate representation as to what the servers are and the people saying it is false advertising would be appeased.
I say we just trial in the darkrp folder for a couple weeks, if it goes south then surely it can simply be changed back with no big worries ?
(10-04-2019, 01:02 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Maybe the category name 'CityRP' is not the right name. Nearly all RP servers are using a city as map.

I honestly think CityRP is fine for what FL is, there's no real point in making it even more complicated. Could add Semi-Serious to it if you really want but last time you changed the gamemode name to CityRP 3 there was a big drop in new players until it was renamed back (not too sure why, does it reset it on your favourite/history list when the GM gets renamed?).

I think we should really be worrying less about what the gamemode is called and more on what we can add to retain players. I still don't think the issue is that we're not getting enough new players, we're just bad at keeping them on the server for over an hour as the new player experience is kinda terrible. You're dumped into a server without any help and nothing but 10k and 5 chinese.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-04-2019, 01:44 PM)Pollux Wrote:

I honestly think CityRP is fine for what FL is, there's no real point in making it even more complicated. Could add Semi-Serious to it if you really want but last time you changed the gamemode name to CityRP 3 there was a big drop in new players until it was renamed back (not too sure why, does it reset it on your favourite/history list when the GM gets renamed?).

I think we should really be worrying less about what the gamemode is called and more on what we can add to retain players. I still don't think the issue is that we're not getting enough new players, we're just bad at keeping them on the server for over an hour as the new player experience is kinda terrible. You're dumped into a server without any help and nothing but 10k and 5 chinese.

Plenty more things we can do for player retention - much more an important focus.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(10-04-2019, 01:55 PM)Conn Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:44 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Plenty more things we can do for player retention - much more an important focus.

This is a cool statement to make, but give examples. If we have "plenty more things" that we could do to keep new players why haven't we done them? 

Going into the DarkRP category will fix the problem of very few people joining, and when we have a steady playerbase people will stay on longer. The easy explanation for why new players don't stick around is because nothing interesting is ever happening on the servers. Why is nothing happening? because there is only 20 players active. This isn't hard guys
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]