Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(10-01-2019, 07:42 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 07:27 PM)Conn Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 07:17 PM)Conn Wrote: Can't you take your petty squabbles to PM or something? This thread is for the future of FL, not your bitch fight..

I've made a suggestion just now for the daily rewards (https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid832070) as suggested by Fultz, fingers crossed that everyone sees eye to eye on that, I personally see no harm in doing it.

I personally don't think we should move into the DarkRP GM folder, however if that is what it takes to boost playercounts, I suppose there's no harm in trying it? Honestly can't see it being approved or ever happening, though. CityRP in the same folder as LL would be interesting, but again, would it be approved by Soul? I'll bet not.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you think it should be moved to dark rp?

Personal hatred of the gamemode and community, it'd be a joy to moderate and filter out the minges. It'd probably raise the playercount somewhat, don't get me wrong, but also the actual gamemode isn't DarkRP, so it'd feel like a bit of a shit-smear on the work that devs have put in to make everything custom.

It's mainly irrational hatred - I wouldn't detest if it were tried.

I understand the detest of darkrp. But like I said about it, Fearless would not be changing because of it, it would only be a mere placeholder to grow. Sometimes you have to accept that changes like that are more beneficially than having a zealous attitude for it.

You're correct, don't get me wrong, I do agree, if it works, there's no good reason not to do it. It'd be worth a trial, in my opinion, but we'd be asking a miracle for that to happen, realistically.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

naturally the game mode will die
(10-01-2019, 08:16 PM)juicyorange Wrote: naturally the game mode will die

Yes, CityRP will eventually die, however, I will not accept it's death if it is just going to be allowed to happen by those in positions of power. FL still has a long time ahead of it if those who can makes changes give a shit.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Conn, Kappatalist
I think you're far-fetched if you say that it's close to dying or dead. It's still extremely recoverable from here if people are dedicated enough, and I really hope there are people in the team that are. GMod has been dying for years, I've said it myself, and yet here we are, still with a high playerbase on GMod itself, and a relatively good sized community. There's no point being negative about everything, and yet we need to make sure that people don't just think that this is a regular occurrence just after holidays. It is a genuine problem that needs to be recognized, and we need someone, or multiple people, who can lead the community through it.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • Lewwings
(10-01-2019, 08:30 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

Yes, CityRP will eventually die, however, I will not accept it's death if it is just going to be allowed to happen by those in positions of power. FL still has a long time ahead of it if those who can makes changes give a shit.
it’s a boring game mode, that is what it is. used to be fun you know I enjoyed playing sometimes, with greed for example. but these people are all gone. 

it’s natural selection, people don’t want to play boring game modes, it dies and people move onto different games

I’ll end on a positive note - I hope it can be improved
(10-01-2019, 08:53 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 08:30 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

it’s a boring game mode, that is what it is. used to be fun you know I enjoyed playing sometimes, with greed for example. but these people are all gone. 

Yeah, you might find in boring and disengaging but there are plenty of people who still find it enjoyable, although a sizeable amount just don't have the interest atm, new players will always take older players places, that is, if FL bothers to stay interesting

it’s natural selection, people don’t want to play boring game modes, it dies and people move onto different games

Yeah, and that's why FL needs to continue evolving, for lack of better terminology, and changing to stay relevant

I’ll end on a positive note - I hope it can be improved

Same

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • juicyorange
Awaiting comment from soulripper...
Let's all calm down and let's face the issue we have.

We've got an 11 year old community that has been formed by many opinions and perspectives. We're one of the oldest communities around. Let's be proud of that. But let's not lean back. We need to face the issues we're having right now, which are in my opinion:

Problems:
- Our staff team is too small due recent resignations.
- Our gamemode is still getting great updates, but are they going into the direction the players want? *
- We have performance issues regarding FPS, even high-end PCs can not get a flawless experience.
- There are a lot of trolls or toxic people in our community that we've had less of in the past.
- The player counts are not as they were a few years ago.

Pros:
- We've seen many communities come and go, yet we are still around.
- We've got a good team of developers and admins who are still with us.
- We've had up and downs but never gave up.

My idea is: This thread is easily becoming a pile of opinions without a good overview. Let's have a community-wide survey and give everybody the chance to say what they want to see improved at Fearless, what they like and what they dislike. There should be an option to do it anonymously too.

We need to get an overview to see how we can attempt to solve things at FL.

Let's grab this issue by its core and make a better community.

Remember, we are Fearless!
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 7 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Lewwings, Conn, Kappatalist, Slaint, TASSIA, Jonas,
(10-01-2019, 09:52 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: -snip-

I'd like to seriously ask you to create and conduct this survey personally and overview the results for yourself, followed by you having a proper meeting with the team and covering all points, as top management should do.

Without the right people in the reigns, Fearless will not improve from its current state of staff and management.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 5 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Conn, SoulRipper, Kappatalist, Slaint,
Ever since we moved from team-speak to discord was when the player base dropped. Coincidence????
The following 2 users Like god's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW, Falc