No Clan Activity
You're sadly asking this in the wrong time period of Fearless, Fultz, there's not much left in regards the current active players with the potential to spice up the clan scene.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
I have an idea for a clan and have been interested for ages now, but you (Fultz) have summed up the reasons why I haven't done it yet. Specifically the cost of making one.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way or is in this situation.

I'm sadly confident this is only going to fall on deaf ears to the ones who can actually make a change.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The server has been struggling even during the summer vacation period, whoever thinks FL has returned to its old glory is delusional. I agree with every point Fultz made in his post, there is simply no reason to make a clan, you have to spend money and there are no benefits what so ever. I think the main priority should be finding ways to attract players on the server and make them stay either if they are new or old ones because don't get me wrong but with an average player base of 40 - 45 players on weekends, changes to how clans work won't make much of a difference.
(09-25-2019, 08:28 PM)Dimitris Wrote: The server has been struggling even during the summer vacation period, whoever thinks FL has returned to its old glory is delusional. I agree with every point Fultz made in his post, there is simply no reason to make a clan, you have to spend money and there are no benefits what so ever. I think the main priority should be finding ways to attract players on the server and make them stay either if they are new or old ones because don't get me wrong but with an average player base of 40 - 45 players on weekends, changes to how clans work won't make much of a difference.

While I agree to an extent that it is not a calling answer to affect true player averages, but saying it will not make much of a difference is understating it. I know a large majority of people who have no interest in Fearless outside of clan roleplay. There is a large base of people like that who do not get on the server daily just to do the same roleplays they have done for the past x amount of years they have been apart of the community, but will still get on for clan stuff because it is a trademark that FL has that you can't really get anywhere else. I myself have no interest in getting on the server right now and setting up a shop and just doing your average stuff, but whenever you organize a group of peers who you enjoy being around to do something you get more enjoyment. The problem is I am going to have to commit time to build up another clan and that takes a good amount of time. And as of right now there is no benefit to doing that because what am I getting out of it other than an official forum? 

(09-25-2019, 01:18 PM)Conn Wrote: There's no incentive to run a clan really, clan-based content is quite sparse from what I've seen, and I'm sure there's plenty that could be built upon. 
A clan bank would be nice, with different abilities such as being used to fund weapon and ammunition, etc, and personally I'd be all for sitting down with clans to see what could benefit RP that a developer could accomplish.
Incentives are key though.

I have never personally thought of a clan bank/inventory. It is an interesting idea, especially whenever it comes to the number of groups that are based around profits recently. I would step it further though with a clan inventory as well that members could attribute to for clan purposes. Only issues I see in regards to both of these is if a clan would be dissolved, who would these money/items go to?
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Dimitris
(09-25-2019, 08:18 PM)Yonno Wrote: You're sadly asking this in the wrong time period of Fearless, Fultz, there's not much left in regards the current active players with the potential to spice up the clan scene.

Is it though? An active clan scene is something that Fearless always had whenever you would see consistently full servers. The clan scene has been dead for a while and there has been zero focus on it. I feel like dedicating time into this area of Fearless would be more beneficial than adding useless updates onto the server that are just "cool" features that lose any interest in the first day of them being added. Why would we not instead focus on this which impacts the whole community instead of say... Adding a tweet function to the server or other useless things that have no impact? Clans have always fueled FLs activity and they have been pushed to the side for too long.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Lewwings, Dimitris
(09-26-2019, 05:35 PM)Fultz Wrote: I have never personally thought of a clan bank/inventory. It is an interesting idea, especially whenever it comes to the number of groups that are based around profits recently. I would step it further though with a clan inventory as well that members could attribute to for clan purposes. Only issues I see in regards to both of these is if a clan would be dissolved, who would these money/items go to?
You'd have to presume the leader - element of trust involved of course, but it's a possibility. I don't think it'd be *too* hard to return to the original players too if it were to close, albeit items would be easier than money.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.