"Starting LUA" causing crashing
Anyone who has an idea how to fix this? Have tried a ton of stuff but it doesn't work yet....
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(09-03-2019, 07:46 PM)SJ. Wrote:
(09-03-2019, 02:14 PM)Bradley Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 10:03 PM)SJ. Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 10:58 PM)Bradley Wrote: Try downloading the content manually, if this only happens on the fearless server, maybe wait for a server restart? This has happened a few times in the years but has always resolved itself, the most I ever did was unsubscribe from all my addons and fully wipe my gmod folder and it worked.

Tried this about a million times and unfortunately no fix.

How much RAM do you have?

16GB

Mine is all servers, even Singleplayer

This is happening on every server? Are you running the standard build for garrysmod? Also, when unistalling your game are you unsubscribing from your addons and also after uninstalling garrysmod on steam are you deleting the garrysmod folder in steam/steamapps/common/ - after doing so, right click on garrysmod on steam and go on to betas and try the 'x86' build.
Ex-Server Teacher
Every server yep. Bog standard garrysmod. Yep I am following all the above steps and have tried the x86 beta build, no luck.
[Image: 2D3jDlq.png]
(09-04-2019, 06:46 PM)SJ. Wrote: Every server yep. Bog standard garrysmod. Yep I am following all the above steps and have tried the x86 beta build, no luck.
 I'm not sure if this will help you but this worked for me.

Use the Dev branch.

Make sure Gmod is a fresh install all addons have been removed from the subscription list via the workshop.

Only install the Fearless content (If you want to join fearless)

Then leave the server to load.

This worked for me when i had the same issue.

Hope it works for you.
 [Image: wS5L2y0.png]
(09-04-2019, 07:24 PM)Danie Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 06:46 PM)SJ. Wrote: Every server yep. Bog standard garrysmod. Yep I am following all the above steps and have tried the x86 beta build, no luck.
 I'm not sure if this will help you but this worked for me.

Use the Dev branch.

Make sure Gmod is a fresh install all addons have been removed from the subscription list via the workshop.

Only install the Fearless content (If you want to join fearless)

Then leave the server to load.

This worked for me when i had the same issue.

Hope it works for you.

Crashes as well unfortunately...
Fearless Donator
Click me!

Mine now does not crash, just freezes on "Starting LUA" and remains frozen infinitely (longest I've left it frozen before getting bored was 45 minutes)
[Image: 2D3jDlq.png]
The following 1 user Likes SJ.'s post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Okay so I've made progress, after using the beta version it no longer crashes. However like SJ said it's stuck there most of the times. HOWEVER, I managed to join the server twice but what's weird is that it'll look the like server has crashed for me and once the reconnect timer hits 0 my game crashes. Hope this might help.

EDIT: the timer itself appears to be a bit stuck as well
Fearless Donator
Click me!

I FUCKING FIXED IT
Fearless Donator
Click me!

Reported as fixed

The fixes for this came from:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1114443719

https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/disc...611134454/