Religion
(07-19-2019, 03:30 PM)Eclipze Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 12:49 PM)Midget Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 09:10 PM)Eclipze Wrote: Religion protects societies from degeneracy, thats one of the reasons I like religion.

I myself am a practicing orthodox christian.

Does it do that in modern society? I agree that it did but surely in modern societies with proper education this is not the case anymore?

In some parts of the world, yes. In eastern europe for example, religion is viewed in a whole other way than in the west. In serbia, where I originate from religion is very important and when I compare Swedish society to Serbian, Swedish society is much much more degenerate than in Serbia.

What do you base that on? Do you have any sources showing that Swedish society is more degenerate than Serbia or is it just your own opinion? If so, there is no point in discussing it until you have come with a source.

I am also more interested in discussing the EXISTENCE of a god rather than to discuss the pros of cons of having one.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Religion has been a good foundation for the masses but seeing people still stick to it in this day and age can be incredibly painful to see.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
Indeed, it is extremely interesting to talk to people who truly are convinced. However I just have to accept that their way of thinking in no more right than mine.
Visit my profile here.
If anyone here has taken a large dose(s) of psychedelic compounds hmu
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • juicyorange
(07-19-2019, 03:34 PM)Archer Wrote: Per practice I am a Catholic, per belief I am an atheist.
Religious morals are necessary for society to function, but the actual theology is obsolete now, we have proven there is no afterlife or the Ark of Noah.

It perplexes me that you need religious morals for society to function. Not only are you saying that society without religion would not work but you are saying that without religion we do not have morals. 

Can we not have moral without religion? Better yet, what even is morality?
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Wolven
yeah religion is good, for the bildenburg group, they really approve of it and the mass brainwashing.
I'm episcopalian, but I do not go to church or actively work with any religious group. I do believe in a higher power, but I don't think you need to go to a place of worship to believe in something like religion. Do what you want with your beliefs, just don't push them on me.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
(09-25-2019, 07:38 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: I'm episcopalian, but I do not go to church or actively work with any religious group. I do believe in a higher power, but I don't think you need to go to a place of worship to believe in something like religion. Do what you want with your beliefs, just don't push them on me.

what's episcopalian? i have never heard that before
i interviewed a priest for a school project and he was chill as fuck and helpful. i thought id get a better chance of getting an interview with him if i said i needed acute religious help (?). i didnt mention it was for a school project because i like to take shortcuts and i didnt feel like explaining it. It was great and all. until in the end where he said id end the meeting with a prayer using common words from the bible. I had no fucking clue what to say, I've never read the book bro. So I made some shit up about being grateful for creativity and I said amen. He stared at me for a good while and i was terrified he'd burn me on a cross or something. religion is scary
The following 1 user Likes S!RNARC's post:
  • Lewwings
(09-25-2019, 07:48 PM)Razz Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 07:38 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: I'm episcopalian, but I do not go to church or actively work with any religious group. I do believe in a higher power, but I don't think you need to go to a place of worship to believe in something like religion. Do what you want with your beliefs, just don't push them on me.

what's episcopalian? i have never heard that before

Almost the same as the Roman Catholic church with small differences like not recognizing a central figure (The Pope), people have a lot more power in the church decisions, and birth control is allowed. Another one is that bishops and priests may marry. I haven't looked into it a lot, but this is the small differences I know that, personally, are major for me.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]