EBC News - 17/07/2019
[Image: EBC1.png]

News - Wednesday 17 July 2019

- - - - -

Police Brutality?

Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]

When EvoCity Broadcasting Company was recording a advanced search on a person for journalistic purposes, our EBC representative recording the event quickly found themselves under brutality and threats from the police. It started off immediately with an unidentified female police officer blocking the camera while holding a gun, which is rather unusual, but not major. Shortly afterwards, they put their gun away and took out their baton, before hitting the cameraman several times, potentially in an effort to cease the recording. However, our cameraman continued on, after several hits from the baton, which was to be frank, completely needless. We were not a danger or a threat to the police or the man at all. As the search continued, the female officer left the camera man alone for a bit. In the midst of this somewhat comical strip-search, with the man playing a few tricks on the police sergeant searching them, the female officer from earlier once again blocked the camera. 

We moved away from the scene whilst we had a quick chat with the female officer, who finally asked us "What are you doing with the camera", to which our representative responded that we were EBC and filming a short piece of the ECPD for the news, after the female officer rightfully questioned us about putting a strip-searched man on the news who was then naked, we made clear our intentions to blur or cover up his nudity. After that, the cameraman was threatened with the following statement from the same police officer: "Do you want me to break your camera?". This is highly shocking and disturbing statement to come from an on-duty police officer, we think that most people would agree with us that this is unacceptable behaviour for a police officer to act toward the press, or anybody for that matter. 

Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]

Once the search concluded, EBC was about to move on, as we were the same female police officer who had harassed our representative throughout said "You better not upload all of that", when asked why we should not, they replied "Things can go bad for you". EBC takes this as a direct threat to one of it's representatives from an ECPD officer. Someone who is meant to uphold the law and justice is blatantly threatening the news, we find this extremely disturbing. 

EBC reached out to the Office of the EvoCity President, a spokesperson for his office was asked about this situation and if it were acceptable, to which they responded with "That would be a no from me", despite this leaning towards the President's office not condoning the actions of that officer, no further comments were made.

- - - - -

The Milkshake Factory

On a lighter note, we interviewed the Owner of the popular Milkshake Factory, Tony Montana. In our interview, Mr Montana was asked several questions by EBC. When asked "Why did you set up this establishment?", Mr Montana answered with "I enjoy working with people, and I have a passion for this type of business and running my own milkshake shop". When asked if he got much business, he responded with "Business has been good, all the way since the start we've had lots of customers, and they really like the option that you can combine any of the ingredients that we have, so that you're not bound to a menu so that you can create your own kind of milkshake... and I guess that our customers really like that idea". 

Spoiler :
[Image: 20190717211839_1.jpg]

We eventually ended up discussing the future, specifically his plans for the Milkshake Factory's future. A rather optimistic and positive Tony Montana replied with "I could imagine this becoming more of a franchise instead of a single store and I'd love to expand to other cities and also to expand the menu, we're always looking for new ingredients to put into the menu as well as ingredients that are easy to combine with other flavours, more options is always good. Expanding I think could also be good for business. It could bring in potentially a lot of money, and also if the workers have passion for it, it's not always about the money, but the experience that the customers experience, as well as having a good time and having a good milkshake".

Spoiler :
[Image: 20190717211921_1.jpg]

Milkshake Factory can be found at Top Street.

- - - - -

Vehicle Attacks

Over the last few days, more than 20 vehicles throughout the EvoCity area were reported damaged by a small device that is designed to impair the engine of a car. Nobody currently knows who is behind this recent spree of attacks of cars, it is unknown if it is one person or multiple people, the attacks are seemingly random too. Additionally, whether these attacks are planned or random, or part of a criminal organisation's plan in still unknown. It seems that any car is a possible target as cars parked on the road, on driveways, and even government vehicles, including an ambulance. 

Spoiler :
[Image: 20190717224931_1.jpg]

As a result of these attacks, there has been a significant drop of cars parked in public places since the attacks began a week ago, on 10 July. This has also sparked some anger from multiple groups in EvoCity. The Corleone Family of EvoCity, which is thought to be involved in several criminal activities and thought to be an established crime syndicate, stated that "Anyone involved with these attacks anywhere near the Villas area will be dealt with appropriately". 

Spoiler :
[Image: 20190717224943_1.jpg]

The Government and ECPD issued a joint statement on the matter saying "We heavily advise against doing this, and we urge whoever is doing this to stop and turn themselves in. They've caused significant damage to property across the city and enough is enough. We've made combating this issue one of our main focuses, and aim to stop these attacks by increasing police presence across EvoCity. We will catch whoever is doing this".

- - - - -

"Making the facts known"

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 9 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Flex, Slaint, RoCKy, Ducktard, Zulu, Woodi0, Jessixa, Divey, Inlandbubbles
Awesome
The following 1 user Likes Slaint's post:
  • Lewwings
[Image: 54wfE2J.png]
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 4 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Lewwings, RoCKy, Jessixa, Avgar
I am disappointed that Semichi did not feature, but I am not surprised - as she is not that famous.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 3 users Like Divey's post:
  • Lewwings, RoCKy, Jessixa
That was a funny RP with you boys haha
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 1 user Likes RoCKy's post:
  • Lewwings
Looking good!
Where am I?
The following 1 user Likes Ducktard's post:
  • Lewwings
Amazing article Lewwings !! Very detailed & long , super interesting to read and see other people's roleplay being involved in it !

Keep it up !!!
[Image: 1619639714462.png]
The following 2 users Like Jessixa's post:
  • Lewwings, RoCKy