Poll: Map Vote
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remain on V4B1
9.84%
18 9.84%
V5P
34.97%
64 34.97%
Ranox City V1
47.54%
87 47.54%
Chaos City
4.92%
9 4.92%
RP EvoFord
2.73%
5 2.73%
Total 183 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Beginning - Map Vote
(05-12-2019, 10:33 AM)Wolven Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 10:39 PM)H. Waters Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 07:21 PM)Yonno Wrote: Why not have a second phase of voting between the 2 most voted maps?

If this was to happen, i would be concerned of bias - Why suddenly request a second vote when at the end of this poll there will be a majority rules winner.  Makes no sense...

People that voted for the other 3 maps might be eager to vote for a second choice seeing as the map they voted for originally didn't win. If I voted for v4b1 and that didn't win, my second choice might be v5p.
I get that - But that's what the unvote button is useful for... anybody that sees their map about to lose should pick their second favourite before this vote is up
The following 1 user Likes H. Waters's post:
  • Pollux
(05-12-2019, 06:30 PM)H. Waters Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 07:21 PM)Yonno Wrote: Why not have a second phase of voting between the 2 most voted maps?

If this was to happen, i would be concerned of bias - Why suddenly request a second vote when at the end of this poll there will be a majority rules winner.  Makes no sense...

People that voted for the other 3 maps might be eager to vote for a second choice seeing as the map they voted for originally didn't win. If I voted for v4b1 and that didn't win, my second choice might be v5p.
I get that - But that's what the unvote button is useful for... anybody that sees their map about to lose should pick their second favourite before this vote is up

No, with the given options I support a different map (Chaos) more than I support v5p or Ranox, that is why I voted for that. If you narrow it down in a second-round of voting between only v5p and Ranox, then I'd have to vote for one of the two, the issue is with all these choices that many users prefer other maps more so than they support the two "main maps" of this vote, narrowing it down would provide an accurate description of what the majority of the community would want in a race between those two maps.

Simply put, not all users' first choices will be v5p or Ranox, but make a second vote with only those two, you're more likely to get a map that most people enjoy.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Wolven
Well done ranox GG
Fearless Veteran 8^)
(05-12-2019, 05:53 PM)Lewwings Wrote: 177 votes, there better be 2 damn full servers soon
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
Jesus if it's Ranox, I don't even know if I can play. I tried loading the map in with all the addons and there are soooooo many errors it is unplayable
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(05-12-2019, 06:36 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

No, with the given options I support a different map (Chaos) more than I support v5p or Ranox, that is why I voted for that. If you narrow it down in a second-round of voting between only v5p and Ranox, then I'd have to vote for one of the two, the issue is with all these choices that many users prefer other maps more so than they support the two "main maps" of this vote, narrowing it down would provide an accurate description of what the majority of the community would want in a race between those two maps.

Simply put, not all users' first choices will be v5p or Ranox, but make a second vote with only those two, you're more likely to get a map that most people enjoy.

I get what you're saying - but still stand by that a second vote makes no sense and is completely unnecessary.- the only reasoning for second vote in my opinion is for those who are grasping at straws to get their preferred map.  There needs to be discipline and structure otherwise, what's the point in the first place.  Anyways - we'll have to agree to disagree, Sparx has already cleared this up
(05-12-2019, 05:45 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 04:45 PM)Bobby Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 04:39 PM)Sparx Wrote: We won't be having a second round of voting mainly because (as Joe Joe pointed out) it would be hugely un-necessary tbh, the votes aren't even close. Having said this, obviously if there are any game breaking issues with the map, then we'll have to have a second vote, but fingers crossed we won't have to do that!

18 + 10 + 60 > 84

That is quite true but if they cannot be bothered to look at the poll and vote something that has majority why should they get another vote?

You can't expect people to look at the results of a poll before it finishes and change their vote before the end.

I said this right at the start but got shouted down. Same thing happened with the vote for sergeants or all police to get M4s or no M4s at all.
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Lewwings
(05-12-2019, 09:50 PM)Bobby Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 10:39 PM)H. Waters Wrote: If this was to happen, i would be concerned of bias - Why suddenly request a second vote when at the end of this poll there will be a majority rules winner.  Makes no sense...

I said this right at the start but got shouted down. Same thing happened with the vote for sergeants or all police to get M4s or no M4s at all.

What a shame.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

I feel like the Evocity maps have always done Fearless well. Maybe Ranox City is the road less traveled, yet I think there should be a testing period implemented to see if players actually like it, considering it has the majority of votes and will probably win. V5P is a well-developed map, yet I have never enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed V2D or V33X. I remember there was a point where FL ran both V2D and V33X and eventually V33X became the more popular of the two. 

Unfortunately I neither have the time nor the effort to play on Ranox City, but it definitely gives off a different vibe than the Evocity maps based on its Steam addon page, obviously this will open up new ways to roleplay. It looks kind of tropical, so maybe some Ranox Vice RPs? Can't go wrong there. Unfortunately it just doesn't look as good as V5P, but I can't really talk as I haven't even seen it in its entirety. 

V5P is way too large for the estimated playerbase, but it's better than the other options, except for V4B1, which is our current map. I think we are all in between a rock and a hard place here, and I think that some genuine effort and thought ought to be put in before a decision is made. Do we really need to change our map? Or should we put more effort into developing some actually interesting gamemode updates. I feel like this might be a waste of manpower with the development and testing of a new map, when the answer to our problem may be right in front of us. 

I recall when massive gamemode updates came out, the Hephaestus gun update was huge, as well as the meth update (or at least it was on LL). These completely changed my way of playing the servers and motivated me to achieve more within the gamemode. 

I don't know, just some thoughts.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 3 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Rossi, Alphaverse