Tea
Yes, yes. Very good tea.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
The following 1 user Likes PhantomSolaris's post:
  • Zona
Glad to see the team acting on the results of the survey.

Hope this is a trend that continues.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:75548000&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes ElonWuzhou's post:
  • Zona
Great choice!
[Image: clvck9d.png]
Glad to see this back! Can’t wait to see the rank back in action again.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Panda's post:
  • Wolven
cool! Cheese
(04-04-2019, 10:02 PM)Divey Wrote: I know there's going to be some controversy with myself being made Liaison and I won't dwell on it too much but I will address it this one time for any possible reassurance I can offer those who are concerned with myself holding the position.

A while ago I was approached by Fultz with the idea of making the Event Manager have a greater force of people when promoting RP, by having a team of talented RPers assist the manager in organising more frequent events in an attempt to bring roleplay back to life on the server, at least in greater quantity.
After a lengthy discussion with the SAs they wanted to give the community exactly what they wanted, the Teacher role - Which to their credit, is extremely noble of them.

As much as there are a lot of people rejoicing of its return I am equally sure there is a percentage of players who are not happy and possibly feel betrayed specifically by myself. I can see how it can see hypocritical and many may also be scared that by having me in 'charge' so to speak, thinking I will purposefully be dragging the Teacher team down, but this couldn't be any further from the truth. 

I originally took upon the role 2 years ago after not being the biggest fan, but I put my heart into reforming the team from the inside out. This is exactly why I have so much of a drive to do right as Liaison, because I want to put the team in a position where it's in a good place.
I will be working closely with the SAs to make sure it's in the perfect place, without making it too dissimilar to what the community know and love.

Thank you to the SAs for giving me this opportunity and I will forever be open to criticism and develop myself to what the community needs.

I've talked to you slightly about this already, however, we will continue that conversation tomorrow. I do want to give my overall opinion on this here too as I feel like this was a poor decision and truthfully more of a copout than anything. I am going to post part of what I said to you here for perspective and then we can talk about it privately after that.

I just find it dumb that the rank is back purely because the community wants it. I still believe combining event and teacher would have been the most optimal thing to do. Teachers should have had their role changed to Event Organizers and lean more towards events than helping players The staff should be the focus on helping players. If we did this, teachers would create roleplay for the players' server base. Instead of how it was before which was sitting around and spamming OOC with use /help.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Pollux
Good read to start the morning off

Great to see it return!
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
Told you this in private via discord aswell, so it'd only be fair to post it here aswell.

Divey Might've been a bit harsh by calling you out instantly, but I do have my concerns and I hope you do prove me and others wrong, least I can do is wish you good luck though! The program itself has always been a good thing.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Santaliz
About time.

Good luck FL now that you've got a useful role back, don't fuck it up Smile

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Theres more to it than just sitting around answering the odd /help.

Teachers can also give out RPP and really focus on other peoples roleplaying, giving support and help. The staff team are often too busy handling rule breakages so taking any pressure off of them is a good thing.

I think theres a lot that the teacher rank can do with the right people and the community sees that.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
The following 3 users Like PhantomSolaris's post:
  • Jessixa, Eclipze, Zona