Rule 2.8
(04-03-2019, 12:38 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Criminal was stopped because it does not accurately describe what you are role playing nor does it show or explain any of your past, present or future intentions. It fails to show any affiliations with anyone which became a very large issue just like it did with Classified.

Case study

Bob Jim and Fred are all criminals they have not roleplayed together but since they all have the same job title they help each other out in a raid. Admin Frank comes along to deal with the obvious rule infringement that occurred but is unable to prove anything because Bob Jim and Fred all have the same job title.

-support to allowing these lazy ass jobs such as thug and criminal, what’s wrong with creating a gang with some backstory or being a petty thief or thinking of a job title which actually tells people what you are role playing as?

The main issue with it is that in reality we don't see detailed gangs with decent backstory, if any backstory at all in the vast majority of cases.

In reality a criminal can burglar homes, assist in raids, assassinate the dictator, rob people for $500 in alleyways, etc. 
This allows for more freedom for said player.

If I'm a "Thief", if the situation were to call for it In Character, I wouldn't be allowed to kill anyone still in majority of cases. That'd be RDM.
If I change my job title to anything more appropriate so I can take some action, I'd be powergaming.
The specific criminal job titles really limit you to what you are and are not allowed to do.

So how do the players, including staff members, fix this?
We set our job title to "Pukka Gang - Best shooter" and all of a sudden magically we can do anything mentioned above.
There's no background on the gang, no decent roleplay behind it.

I can agree atleast these wouldn't allow for your administrative situation to happen, but in general I still find it quite a silly concept.
I did say we can brainstorm over other solutions other than just allowing "criminal" and "thug" again.
It was simply the most straight forward solution, but I'm assuming everyone here is open to other and/or better suggestions.
If you got any, suggest away fam.
(04-03-2019, 11:14 AM)Tomo Wrote: 2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay as an animal/creature or similar without staff permission), specific (generic criminal job titles such as "Criminal", "Thug", or "Gangster" are not deemed specific enough) and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as 'Unknown' or 'Classified' for example).

Thoughts?

Seems good to me- I can see why Criminal is too vague for a job title, and that groups would be a better fit.

However, if having a group job title is allowed, should there be a rule stating that there must be at least two people in the group, for it to be valid as a ''Criminal'' job, as a group is more than one person?
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(04-03-2019, 12:40 PM)General Rickets Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 03:07 PM)Agorith Wrote: -snip-

I have been on a crusade to stop people using thugs and jobs like stated above  but with my recent inactivity It seems people aren’t picking up on these  I’m sure this will change when I return.

Generally all staff have allowed it thus far, it'll end up looking odd if a moderator disallows it on his own.
Guess this is something you should discuss in the moderator office.
(04-03-2019, 12:54 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 12:38 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Criminal was stopped because it does not accurately describe what you are role playing nor does it show or explain any of your past, present or future intentions. It fails to show any affiliations with anyone which became a very large issue just like it did with Classified.

Case study

Bob Jim and Fred are all criminals they have not roleplayed together but since they all have the same job title they help each other out in a raid. Admin Frank comes along to deal with the obvious rule infringement that occurred but is unable to prove anything because Bob Jim and Fred all have the same job title.

-support to allowing these lazy ass jobs such as thug and criminal, what’s wrong with creating a gang with some backstory or being a petty thief or thinking of a job title which actually tells people what you are role playing as?

The main issue with it is that in reality we don't see detailed gangs with decent backstory, if any backstory at all in the vast majority of cases.

In reality a criminal can burglar homes, assist in raids, assassinate the dictator, rob people for $500 in alleyways, etc. 

I think that is the exact issue they are trying to get across. A 'Criminal' is too vague, and I honestly agree with it, especially after reading Rickets' case study..
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(04-03-2019, 12:56 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 12:40 PM)General Rickets Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 03:07 PM)Agorith Wrote: -snip-

I have been on a crusade to stop people using thugs and jobs like stated above  but with my recent inactivity It seems people aren’t picking up on these  I’m sure this will change when I return.

Generally all staff have allowed it thus far, it'll end up looking odd if a moderator disallows it on his own.
Guess this is something you should discuss in the moderator office.

It can look as odd as it likes, thug is not a valid job title.

(04-03-2019, 12:54 PM)Agorith Wrote:

Case study

If I'm a "Thief", if the situation were to call for it In Character, I wouldn't be allowed to kill anyone still in majority of cases. That'd be RDM.
If I change my job title to anything more appropriate so I can take some action, I'd be powergaming.
The specific criminal job titles really limit you to what you are and are not allowed to do.

So how do the players, including staff members, fix this?
We set our job title to "Pukka Gang - Best shooter" and all of a sudden magically we can do anything mentioned above.
There's no background on the gang, no decent roleplay behind it.

I can agree atleast these wouldn't allow for your administrative situation to happen, but in general I still find it quite a silly concept.
I did say we can brainstorm over other solutions other than just allowing "criminal" and "thug" again.
It was simply the most straight forward solution, but I'm assuming everyone here is open to other and/or better suggestions.
If you got any, suggest away fam.

Also the pukka gang does have backstory fyi. My suggestion would be to leave the rules as is and continue to follow them as is, criminal roleplay requires backstory as stated in the rules for things like a burglar and a chop shop owner needing places to store their goods. If you create a gang and operate within this gang you are protecting yourself from the rules as it follows them all due to the vast variety of things which gang members may be involved in and it also allows you to build up character relations and background related to this.

I was a big voice in getting criminal and the similar removed due to one major reason which I have already stated, it allows people to do as they please and affiliate themselves with whoever they want whenever they want. This isn't ok.

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Random
Moved to Further Review.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
Added with #2393.

Finished.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer