Ban wipe.
I don't think this is ever going to happen.

I don't even know if it would help anymore. Those who are banned mostly dont want to come back from what i've seen, and when they do they just UBR.

It's good for wiping peoples old bans off their record though lol.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Falcon
(05-16-2019, 06:08 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:51 PM)Falcon Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:48 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:43 PM)Falcon Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 09:48 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Disagree. People who are unable to follow the rules and have exhausted their chances should remain banned.

I respect your opinion. Still, though you can not deny the fact that a ban wipe would re-populate the server.

I disagree. The majority of players who were banned were minges, who wouldn't think twice about returning to Fearless. The small minority of players who have been banned since the last ban wipe may come back, but I don't think the odds are high that they do. They could have grown out of Garry's Mod, or they could have no interest in Fearless anymore. I think a minuscule percentage of banned players would return. Also, what about all the work the staff team has done to ban these players? Countless hours and manpower has gone into banning them, thus not only do I disagree with this due to my thoughts on the minor possible return of banned players, but also out of respect for the staff team and the veterans.

These are just assumptions. You don't know any of that. I know banned players that would return to FL if they got unbanned. Also, what do you care more about, getting the server populated or just not "wasting" all the work staff members have done banning these players? Which at the end of the day wouldn't really be wasted since many of them have learned their lesson by being banned.

How many people do you know who would return? And it is "wasting" their time. I disagreed with the first ban wipe and I disagree with this one too.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
(05-15-2019, 09:48 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:43 PM)Falcon Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 09:48 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Disagree. People who are unable to follow the rules and have exhausted their chances should remain banned.

I respect your opinion. Still, though you can not deny the fact that a ban wipe would re-populate the server.

I disagree. The majority of players who were banned were minges, who wouldn't think twice about returning to Fearless. The small minority of players who have been banned since the last ban wipe may come back, but I don't think the odds are high that they do. They could have grown out of Garry's Mod, or they could have no interest in Fearless anymore. I think a minuscule percentage of banned players would return. Also, what about all the work the staff team has done to ban these players? Countless hours and manpower has gone into banning them, thus not only do I disagree with this due to my thoughts on the minor possible return of banned players, but also out of respect for the staff team and the veterans.

These are just assumptions. You don't know any of that. I know banned players that would return to FL if they got unbanned. Also, what do you care more about, getting the server populated or just not "wasting" all the work staff members have done banning these players? Which at the end of the day wouldn't really be wasted since many of them have learned their lesson by being banned.

They get to make a UBR.
(05-16-2019, 09:21 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:48 PM)Dimitris Wrote: I respect your opinion. Still, though you can not deny the fact that a ban wipe would re-populate the server.

They get to make a UBR.

This argument has been overused. As I have already stated, yes they can make a UBR but that does not change the fact that a ban wipe would repopulate the server.
(05-16-2019, 10:03 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:48 PM)Dimitris Wrote: I respect your opinion. Still, though you can not deny the fact that a ban wipe would re-populate the server.

They get to make a UBR.

This argument has been overused. As I have already stated, yes they can make a UBR but that does not change the fact that a ban wipe would repopulate the server.

Just because an argument is overused doesn't necessarily mean it's not a well-constructed and a well-put argument. I think the fact that they can make an unban request is enough for them. If they really want to play on Fearless, they would put in the effort needed to do so. You would rather have a banwipe, allowing players who hack, DDoS, abuse, and break the rules to rejoin the server and do it again? I can't think of a single player who was unbanned in the last banwipe that still plays regularly, and I knew a lot of them.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 2 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Pollux, Chumps
Bans are like Anti-RPP and people have earned their A-RPP.
If you're not up for having an RPP wipe, then don't do an A-RPP wipe.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]

They get to make a UBR.

The argument has been 'overused' because its true, nothing stops them from creating a UBR if they truly have any interest in returning.

Thing is you don't know if what you're saying is a fact, nor can we be sure of any repercussions that follow with it.
I think we've all become a broken record on this thread at this point.

You can keep trying, but highly doubt another banwipe will ever take place.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • Pollux
(05-17-2019, 02:03 AM)Falcon Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:51 PM)Falcon Wrote: I disagree. The majority of players who were banned were minges, who wouldn't think twice about returning to Fearless. The small minority of players who have been banned since the last ban wipe may come back, but I don't think the odds are high that they do. They could have grown out of Garry's Mod, or they could have no interest in Fearless anymore. I think a minuscule percentage of banned players would return. Also, what about all the work the staff team has done to ban these players? Countless hours and manpower has gone into banning them, thus not only do I disagree with this due to my thoughts on the minor possible return of banned players, but also out of respect for the staff team and the veterans.

They get to make a UBR.

Just because an argument is overused doesn't necessarily mean it's not a well-constructed and a well-put argument. I think the fact that they can make an unban request is enough for them. If they really want to play on Fearless, they would put in the effort needed to do so. You would rather have a banwipe, allowing players who hack, DDoS, abuse, and break the rules to rejoin the server and do it again? I can't think of a single player who was unbanned in the last banwipe that still plays regularly, and I knew a lot of them.

Hacking and TOS bans would remain just like the last time!
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Julern
I came back at the last ban wipe and played for ages. Just stopped playing recently because the server's so dead it isn't even fun to play anymore. Needs repopulation ASAP.
The following 3 users Like Fango's post:
  • , Dimitris, don
I think there should be more focus on gaining new members instead of regaining the old.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 4 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Yonno, Lewwings, Agorith, Chumps