Ban wipe.
(05-15-2019, 09:43 PM)Falcon Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 09:48 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Disagree. People who are unable to follow the rules and have exhausted their chances should remain banned.

I respect your opinion. Still, though you can not deny the fact that a ban wipe would re-populate the server.
(05-15-2019, 09:48 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 09:48 PM)General Rickets Wrote: Disagree. People who are unable to follow the rules and have exhausted their chances should remain banned.

I respect your opinion. Still, though you can not deny the fact that a ban wipe would re-populate the server.

I disagree. The majority of players who were banned were minges, who wouldn't think twice about returning to Fearless. The small minority of players who have been banned since the last ban wipe may come back, but I don't think the odds are high that they do. They could have grown out of Garry's Mod, or they could have no interest in Fearless anymore. I think a minuscule percentage of banned players would return. Also, what about all the work the staff team has done to ban these players? Countless hours and manpower has gone into banning them, thus not only do I disagree with this due to my thoughts on the minor possible return of banned players, but also out of respect for the staff team and the veterans.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 2 users Like Falcon's post:
  • Pollux, Agorith
I am still against a ban wipe myself, but there are a couple of things I wonder about.

Realistically, how many people would return for more than a week. And also, how many of those people would genuinely play on the server without breaking the rules. Also, if the player counts are going down, then what will keep the new players on the server. Since a ban wipe won't be some miracle cure that restores the community back to the days of having 2 servers. The ban wipe won't fix server issues, such as people getting bored of the gamemode, quitting, etc.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(05-15-2019, 09:51 PM)Falcon Wrote:

I disagree. The majority of players who were banned were minges, who wouldn't think twice about returning to Fearless. The small minority of players who have been banned since the last ban wipe may come back, but I don't think the odds are high that they do. They could have grown out of Garry's Mod, or they could have no interest in Fearless anymore. I think a minuscule percentage of banned players would return. Also, what about all the work the staff team has done to ban these players? Countless hours and manpower has gone into banning them, thus not only do I disagree with this due to my thoughts on the minor possible return of banned players, but also out of respect for the staff team and the veterans.

Highly agree with all of this, especially the bold part.
(05-16-2019, 10:20 AM)Agorith Wrote:

Highly agree with all of this, especially the bold part.

Yeah especially the Veterans part  Cool
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 4 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Agorith, Wolven, Spartan_KCT, Slaint
I agree with a ban wipe and here is why.

Fearless dosnt care about its past members who were banned anyway. Look at members of the player base who were permed and left bad terms. Most of them are back and hell some of them are now part of the staff team
So whats the problem. Oh they're banned for a reason oh they'll come back and break the rules again oh boo hoo we have staff members to ban anyone who breaks the rules regardless of their past anyway.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 3 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW, Lewwings, Julern
I think instead of a ban wipe we should go the other way and reinstate the old ban wipe. I'm still upset about that because I want all my bans to be back on my record. It's sad that no one will be able to see my KonyRP ban on my record ever again plus a bunch of other bans I either remember giving out or that have happened. 

So I'm on team #reinstateoldbanwipe
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Wolven, Pollux, Goat, General Rickets
(05-16-2019, 01:12 PM)Fultz Wrote: I think instead of a ban wipe we should go the other way and reinstate the old ban wipe. I'm still upset about that because I want all my bans to be back on my record. It's sad that no one will be able to see my KonyRP ban on my record ever again plus a bunch of other bans I either remember giving out or that have happened. 

So I'm on team #reinstateoldbanwipe

#Kony2012
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]

These are just assumptions. You don't know any of that. I know banned players that would return to FL if they got unbanned. Also, what do you care more about, getting the server populated or just not "wasting" all the work staff members have done banning these players? Which at the end of the day wouldn't really be wasted since many of them have learned their lesson by being banned.
(05-16-2019, 06:08 PM)Dimitris Wrote:

These are just assumptions. You don't know any of that. I know banned players that would return to FL if they got unbanned. Also, what do you care more about, getting the server populated or just not "wasting" all the work staff members have done banning these players? Which at the end of the day wouldn't really be wasted since many of them have learned their lesson by being banned.

I mean if they really want to play again they're more than free to make a UBR?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork