V2D
(02-25-2019, 06:44 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:28 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:21 PM)Coffee Wrote: Im sorry but I would like to see some actual evidence that v2d will somehow bring back players, and be sustainable for more than a week.

Until then -support

Well put it up for a week, look at the player stats in summer there is your evidence.

A) This is not Summer, where many players are off school and have lots of free-time, this is February, just under a month from when Spring starts, and many players are busy with their education.
B) Do you really expect the dev/staff team to go through with the circus of having a change of map on the only roleplay server, just for one week? Ludicrous, I know.
C) Player stats are not evidence. Amount of balanced roleplay, community morale, staff presence, etc are all evidence that V2D is an awful choice of map nowadays.

Everybody in England just had a week of from school's and there was 25 players online at most points, sometimes even less than that. The point of it being up for a week is to prove the fact that the player count will go. You tell me what you would prefer 25 players with nothing go on in the server. Or 50-75 players reguargly with lots of roleplay. Right now you're a sheep to the crowd and you need to open your eyes to see that FL is dying. Lots of people need to see that. They're blind to change and those people will watch FL fall on its arse that it is right now. People do stuff in summer so your argument there is complete bollocks. You tell me when FL has ever been this shit and boring to play on.
-support
In my honest opinion, V2D isn't as good as V4B1. Last time people wanted to switch off from V2D, so I don't think there is any need to move back to it again and start that whole map circus again.

Also, has there been any clarification if the peak time during summer was actually thanks to V2D or other factors like Lewwings explained?
Perhaps it might bring back some old players for nostalgia reasons, but they didn't really stick along last time either.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(02-25-2019, 07:18 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: -support
In my honest opinion, V2D isn't as good as V4B1. Last time people wanted to switch off from V2D, so I don't think there is any need to move back to it again and start that whole map shenanigan again.

Also, has there been any clarification if the peak time during summer was actually thanks to V2D or other factors like Lewwings explained?
Perhaps it might bring back some old players for nostalgia reasons, but they didn't really stick along last time either.

The reason the playerbase was so high in summer was 1. because of the map change to V2D and second of all the contraband revamp that made the server exiciting and enjoyable for people.

Furthemore most people who wanted to change to V4B1 don't play the server. Hence the reason why the playerbase is at such a low point atm.
(02-25-2019, 04:54 PM)Awestruck Wrote: The last time we had V2D, it was full for the first part of its existence. It then became dead again (and was then changed back to v4b1 because it was a temporary arrangement anyway). Not to mention the outcry here on the forums.

It became dead because we removed an update that was the only exciting thing on the server.
+Support
Server feels dead even at 20-25 people on v4
(02-25-2019, 07:15 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:44 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:28 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:21 PM)Coffee Wrote: Im sorry but I would like to see some actual evidence that v2d will somehow bring back players, and be sustainable for more than a week.

Until then -support

Well put it up for a week, look at the player stats in summer there is your evidence.

A) This is not Summer, where many players are off school and have lots of free-time, this is February, just under a month from when Spring starts, and many players are busy with their education.
B) Do you really expect the dev/staff team to go through with the circus of having a change of map on the only roleplay server, just for one week? Ludicrous, I know.
C) Player stats are not evidence. Amount of balanced roleplay, community morale, staff presence, etc are all evidence that V2D is an awful choice of map nowadays.

Everybody in England just had a week of from school's and there was 25 players online at most points, sometimes even less than that.

I wouldn't say that's the map's fault; but more the fact that quite a few members of the staff team were to lazy or inactive to keep the server in order, and therefore caused roleplay to decrease, and some players to abandon ship until staff could get on.

The point of it being up for a week is to prove the fact that the player count will go.

By "go", if you mean roleplay will go down, I agree.

You tell me what you would prefer 25 players with nothing go on in the server. Or 50-75 players reguargly with lots of roleplay.

An active staff team that doesn't have much inactivity and laziness. If that were achieved, alongside an active event manager, the server could easily be hitting 50-75 players regularly with lots of diverse and balanced roleplay, all on v4b1!

Right now you're a sheep to the crowd and you need to open your eyes to see that FL is dying.

I would not consider myself a sheep to the crowd, just passionate about the side of the debate I agree with. I once was in favour of V2D, only to realise what a terrible idea it was for modern Fearless, and should be left in the past, rather than milking everything out of it. I'm very aware FL is making the descent into it's grave, but that's not just because of the current map, many other aspects such as: Staff performance, SA order, Staff inactivity/inaction, the courthouse, the feeling of futility when trying to have a good time on FL, lack of events/mini-events by an active event manager, lack of balance, development seeking to improve the single-player experience - rather than a group experience, etc.

Lots of people need to see that. They're blind to change and those people will watch FL fall on its arse that it is right now.

I can see that very clearly, I'm not blind. I'm not blind to change, I'm blind to bullshit, the last thing FL needs is yet another failed experiment that is beyond it's expiration date.

People do stuff in summer so your argument there is complete bollocks. You tell me when FL has ever been this shit and boring to play on.

"where many players are off school and have lots of free-time" - I know and see many players Summer in and Summer out have more time to play during Summer than outside of Summer.

The "shitness" of FL is subjective and varies from player to player. Personally, FL has been in a shitty to slightly-shitty to meh state since June last year, and again, that's because of a variety of reasons, not just the map. I found FL very "shit" during the last time V2D was the map, and many players left in despair due to it. FL has still been "shit" and "meh" since due to the overall lack of staff activity and a bunch of other reasons I listed earlier in this reply (Staff performance, SA order, Staff inactivity/inaction, the courthouse, the feeling of futility when trying to have a good time on FL, lack of events/mini-events by an active event manager, lack of balance, development seeking to improve the single-player experience - rather than a group experience, etc).

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

I've also noticed, JoshZ, that suggesting a new map is part of the "unwanted suggestion" list, and only adds to the case against changing the map again, especially as you suggested to such a controversial map and for such a short time period (1 week) to "prove it".

[Image: nothankyou.png]

+Support

Cant beat V2D classic slums and Abandoned houses :d
(02-25-2019, 08:06 PM)Lewwings Wrote: I've also noticed, JoshZ, that suggesting a new map is part of the "unwanted suggestion" list, and only adds to the case against changing the map again, especially as you suggested to such a controversial map and for such a short time period (1 week) to "prove it".

My point about the one week was to prove that the map had an improved playerbase than the current one. That I know it would. Neither is the map a "controversial map" V2D is an original the OG and the suggestion is more than valid at this current point in time.
(02-25-2019, 08:13 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 08:06 PM)Lewwings Wrote: I've also noticed, JoshZ, that suggesting a new map is part of the "unwanted suggestion" list, and only adds to the case against changing the map again, especially as you suggested to such a controversial map and for such a short time period (1 week) to "prove it".

My point about the one week was to prove that the map had an improved playerbase than the current one. That I know it would. Neither is the map a "controversial map" V2D is an original the OG and the suggestion is more than valid at this current point in time.

V2D is controversial by means of it constantly causing debates between V2D V. Pines/v33x/v2p/v5p/v4b1/whatever, and said debates usually end up going nowhere really.

V2D is certainly the OG map, and should remain an OG map, and should be put to rest for good.