Taser update
(02-04-2019, 05:48 PM)Mr. Flaminator Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 11:39 AM)Aektek Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 12:34 AM)Mr. Flaminator Wrote: About time it got changed. However nice Gmodstore addon.
The texture is the same, made with same Mapping, but model is different Smile

The model and the ropes are exactly the same tho. Sure thing it could be made from scratch but try to make something different or actually give the creator of the script credits. Which FL always fails to do so.

Can't you use PM? Appreciate that FL is actually supported by a large team of devs and contributors instead of bitching about the tiniest of things every step of the way, which FL always fails to do so.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Aektek
(02-04-2019, 05:48 PM)Mr. Flaminator Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 12:34 AM)Mr. Flaminator Wrote: About time it got changed. However nice Gmodstore addon.

The model and the ropes are exactly the same tho. Sure thing it could be made from scratch but try to make something different or actually give the creator of the script credits. Which FL always fails to do so.

Lets get one thing straight, you have no idea what you're talking about. He has put an incredible amount of effort in getting the model to work correctly alongside adopting the features of the current taser. Do you know everything he has had to do to get it to work? No.

Get your head out your arse and give the bloke the appreciation he deserves instead of bashing him on his update thread. If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

The following 2 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Lewwings, Aektek
Nice!
The following 1 user Likes Flame..'s post:
  • Aektek
(02-04-2019, 06:06 PM)General Rickets Wrote:

Lets get one thing straight, you have no idea what you're talking about. He has put an incredible amount of effort in getting the model to work correctly alongside adopting the features of the current taser. Do you know everything he has had to do to get it to work? No.

Get your head out your arse and give the bloke the appreciation he deserves instead of bashing him on his update thread. If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I didn’t say he didn’t put an amount of effort in this update. Problem is here the taser has the exact same weapon model and the exact same way to tase someone (Those ropes) you got that idea from Gmodstore. You probably bought that addon and gave it some huge update for FL. Ain’t saying that. 

The problem with this is, there is no credit for the actual creator of that Gmodstore addon. I found allot of features of FL that FL its team didn’t create their self. But are telling the community they did. Just adding a credit for that guy ain’t much work. 

Just because you changed the addon to your likings or the community likings does not mean that guy doesn’t deserve any credit.

Go bitch on me all you want, but on the end of the day you know I am right.
(02-04-2019, 06:18 PM)Mr. Flaminator Wrote: snip

Place and a time, this is neither. If you have an issue contact him privately instead of trying to lower his credibility publicly on the forums.

The following 3 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Lewwings, Joe Joe, Aektek
Congratulations Aektek!

It's nice to see your creation on the servers! Keep at it!
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • Aektek
(02-04-2019, 06:18 PM)Mr. Flaminator Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 06:06 PM)General Rickets Wrote:

I didn’t say he didn’t put an amount of effort in this update. Problem is here the taser has the exact same weapon model and the exact same way to tase someone (Those ropes) you got that idea from Gmodstore. You probably bought that addon and gave it some huge update for FL. Ain’t saying that. 

The problem with this is, there is no credit for the actual creator of that Gmodstore addon. I found allot of features of FL that FL its team didn’t create their self. But are telling the community they did. Just adding a credit for that guy ain’t much work. 

Just because you changed the addon to your likings or the community likings does not mean that guy doesn’t deserve any credit.

Go bitch on me all you want, but on the end of the day you know I am right.

He didnt, I know for a fact Ivan was coding the SWEP from scratch after a model was made for it. I also know that Aektek was working on that model for a really long time as I saw it while I was dev. Doubt they even knew there was a gmodstore addon as I didn't either. I don't really get how you're so sure on it being stolen while having no clue what went into making it. 

I can say for sure that all of the features FL made (can only really talk about since I was dev till now, as they're stuff I've seen) are self-made as no one is really going to go spend money on an addon when most aren't too hard to make anyway. The only exception is stuff like VCmod which was brought by Awestruck, we never claimed it was ours though. There are often minor influences based on existing stuff but I don't think anyone straight up copied anything (excluding the entire HUD mess).

You're going a bit too hard on the Development Team who get nothing in return here apart from making you lot happy. Just be glad you even have a team working on stuff, because trust me it's rare it would ever be like this. If you do nothing but comment stupid stuff on update threads, you will end up with no updates. Like seriously, the only thing that kept us going at times is you guys being appreciative. So I mean if you like updates, either comment nice things or don't comment at all.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
You guys get me wrong. Sure thing I am happy with this update. As my first post stated “This update is really needed”. I don’t care if FL uses addons that has been made by outsiders (Gmodstore/workshop, etc..). I really don’t care. I do care if people don’t give credits to the ones who created the addon. 

You can say what you want but the SWEP its model aint custom made. Or you had the exact same idea. 

Gmodstore its model

https://imgur.com/gallery/UknmxeG

Fearless its model

https://imgur.com/gallery/wZ0f0cl

Completely the same. Sure thing you can fix the addon and add your own likings since it aint that perfect. (I know that myself). Which gives you credits to the addon. But as the model is the same the owner of it deserves a credit. 

As you guys forced me to do. 

The shadow remover tool is not custom made. Its on the workshop for free. (No problem with this) but in the tool it says (On fearless) “Made by Snowredwolf”. 

The Police message board is also available on workshop for free and being used on FL. I don’t see credits for the workshop creator only see credits of the contributors/testers for that addon. 

Simply adding - Workshop Creator - For creating the main. Aint a hard thing to do. 

Also stop saying the development team doesn’t get anything in return. Its their choice so no reason to bitch about it. If you want anything in return you wouldn’t have applied for contributor. Soulripper never gave anything for his developers so this reason is just something to add. You knew you wouldn’t get shit when accepting the job. 

Beside that I have nothing had to say about this update. Its great and it was needed. My point is at the credits.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]

Mr. Flaminator Wrote:You guys get me wrong. Sure thing I am happy with this update. As my first post stated “This update is really needed”. I don’t care if FL uses addons that has been made by outsiders (Gmodstore/workshop, etc..). I really don’t care. I do care if people don’t give credits to the ones who created the addon. 

You can say what you want but the SWEP its model aint custom made. Or you had the exact same idea. 

Gmodstore its model

Fearless its model

Completely the same. Sure thing you can fix the addon and add your own likings since it aint that perfect. (I know that myself). Which gives you credits to the addon. But as the model is the same the owner of it deserves a credit. 

The shadow remover tool is not custom made. Its on the workshop for free. (No problem with this) but in the tool it says (On fearless) “Made by Snowredwolf”. 

The Police message board is also available on workshop for free and being used on FL. I don’t see credits for the workshop creator only see credits of the contributors/testers for that addon. 

Simply adding - Workshop Creator - For creating the main. Aint a hard thing to do. 

Also stop saying the development team doesn’t get anything in return. Its their choice so no reason to bitch about it. If you want anything in return you wouldn’t have applied for contributor. Soulripper never gave anything for his developers so this reason is just something to add. You knew you wouldn’t get shit when accepting the job. 

Beside that I have nothing had to say about this update. Its great and it was needed. My point is at the credits.

He used the same texture map as the GmodStore one, as he didn't know how to make one himself. SnowredWolf was an ex-developer here and I'm pretty sure it was originally going to be custom made for FL. Infact, the taser doesn't even have the ropes in game, it's just like the old taser, with a new model.
(02-05-2019, 12:59 PM)Arny Wrote:
Mr. Flaminator Wrote:You guys get me wrong. Sure thing I am happy with this update. As my first post stated “This update is really needed”. I don’t care if FL uses addons that has been made by outsiders (Gmodstore/workshop, etc..). I really don’t care. I do care if people don’t give credits to the ones who created the addon. 

Gmodstore its model

Fearless its model

He used the same texture map as the GmodStore one, as he didn't know how to make one himself. SnowredWolf was an ex-developer here and I'm pretty sure it was originally going to be custom made for FL. Infact, the taser doesn't even have the ropes in game, it's just like the old taser, with a new model.

Which aint a problem. But you just stated yourself, “he used the same texture as the gmodstore one”. Give credit to that guy then. Imagine people using your work and running away with your credits? Would you be happy? No.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]