Help
(12-30-2018, 10:39 PM)Cinimod101 Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)ImTheRealSparks Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 08:58 PM)Cinimod101 Wrote: Friend has the same problem - tried fresh install to no avail??

Did he remove ALL add-ons before reinstalling? If this doesn't work then try verifying the game cache.

He deleted the addons folder GarrysMod/garrysmod.. ect and unsubscribed to all addons. This didnt work so fresh installed and downloaded all and only the content specified by the FL Forums - didnt work. 

Have tried game cache along with changing download options from servers and joining from a SP game, through website and through a friend. When set to "download no content from server" with addons subsribed, game crashes at Receiving Server Info instead.

Thanks

I have a couple of suggestions for you to do.

1 - In-Game go to Options>Multiplayer>"When a game server tries to download custom content to your computer" change that to "Do not download any custom files". and then try to join the server. If it works, exit out and re-enable this and see what happens.

2 - Uninstall all local files of Garry's Mod. Restart your computer, then reinstall Garry's Mod.

3 - Uninstall all things that can be used in Garry's Mod and reinstall, this could be conflicting with it.

4 - Disable your antivirus when verifying the game cache. Sometimes this can mess with your game cache. Obviously, re-enable this after verifying.

Let me know how it goes.
[Image: brHdXi6.png]
(12-31-2018, 12:40 AM)ImTheRealSparks Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 10:39 PM)Cinimod101 Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)ImTheRealSparks Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 08:58 PM)Cinimod101 Wrote: Friend has the same problem - tried fresh install to no avail??

Did he remove ALL add-ons before reinstalling? If this doesn't work then try verifying the game cache.

He deleted the addons folder GarrysMod/garrysmod.. ect and unsubscribed to all addons. This didnt work so fresh installed and downloaded all and only the content specified by the FL Forums - didnt work. 

Have tried game cache along with changing download options from servers and joining from a SP game, through website and through a friend. When set to "download no content from server" with addons subsribed, game crashes at Receiving Server Info instead.

Thanks

I have a couple of suggestions for you to do.

1 -  In-Game go to Options>Multiplayer>"When a game server tries to download custom content to your computer" change that to "Do not download any custom files". and then try to join the server. If it works, exit out and re-enable this and see what happens.

2 - Uninstall all local files of Garry's Mod. Restart your computer, then reinstall Garry's Mod.

3 - Uninstall all things that can be used in Garry's Mod and reinstall, this could be conflicting with it.

4 - Disable your antivirus when verifying the game cache. Sometimes this can mess with your game cache. Obviously, re-enable this after verifying.

Let me know how it goes.
 Hiya, 

Have tried 1 and 2. Will try others soon and update.

Thanks
Hi Vrill,

Has this issue been solved?
Closed.

No response.