Make the Police suffer loss
(12-29-2018, 11:39 AM)TheSiphon Wrote: I think removing the weapons locker or making all weapons paid would shift the balance too much, which is why I am against the old way of things.

Maybe weapon cooldowns or something. If you constantly get yourself killed or died recently with the M4/AWP/Shotgun equipped, you cannot use the gun for X amount of time, and instead, have to opt-in for SMGs & pistols or something.

It gives the cops more of a reason to value their life, as they can't just constantly pick the best equipment they want, so there is a compromise. But also at the same time, I would say it's better than removing the weapons locker or making paid weapons, as it still encourages cops to do their job instead of just being cannon fodder armed with just a pistol because of the weapon prices.

Though not a perfect system, as it would count RDM, CDM and such as deaths. But it would make Rambo cop a less desirable choice.
Also, cops might prefer the SMGs as standard patrol weapons and save M4s for raids / other important situations.

Pretty much agree with you here. I always select the SMGs while being on duty and only "carry" the pistol and I normally use /me to equipt the SMG from my vehicle.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
If they keep the current chainsaw damage, the police suffer a loss of dignity when getting rushed by 5 people medkit spamming and cutting every cop down.
The following 2 users Like Ranger's post:
  • ImTheRealSparks, Zulu
(12-31-2018, 03:56 PM)Mr.Ranger Wrote: If they keep the current chainsaw damage, the police suffer a loss of dignity when getting rushed by 5 people medkit spamming and cutting every cop down.

That's irrelevant to the point of this suggestion, chainsaw damage needs it's own thread.
-Support 

I've been through the police force having pistols and I don't want to go back. The balance between criminal and cop right now in my opinion is very balanced.

This suggestion is a step backwards in my eyes.  Police are supposed to be a force to be reckoned with, it's not realistic to have an entire police department easily wiped off the face of the earth.

In terms of the concern regarding FearRP, that's a rule violation which warrants reporting and not a suggestion to try and counter it.

I'd also like to add the police don't have access to mugging, contraband, weed and hostaging as means of income.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
+Support
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
(12-29-2018, 11:50 AM)Equinox Wrote: About 2 months ago I made suggestion that everytime you resupply at locker you have to pay for everything, but only 15%-25% of the price (pistols and basic equipment are free for police) but it got denied.

Well if this became a thing, you should also be rewarded for being an officer/SRU, right now you get about 400 in salary. But if you should have to pay for your equipment it would almost make it impossible to "make money" or at least not make it a money drain to be an officer/SRU.
-Support

As PhantomSolaris said, the balance between cops and crooks are balanced at the moment. We both have equal firepower. Being a criminal, you risk the possibility of losing your belongings. Being part of the Police Department, you are issued with weapons.
[Image: brHdXi6.png]
-support i think this is not needed
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
(01-02-2019, 10:28 PM)ImTheRealSparks Wrote: -Support

As PhantomSolaris said, the balance between cops and crooks are balanced at the moment. We both have equal firepower. Being a criminal, you risk the possibility of losing your belongings. Being part of the Police Department, you are issued with weapons.

In my opinion the firepower is not balanced, try playing Criminal and getting lasered by a P90 its not fun. Cops have no regard for their life anymore and rush in. One way we could stop this reckless and bad play, is by making a small fee when resupplying (as it costs the Gov money irl) and it makes both criminal and gov drop the weapons that they have equipped.
+Support 

- For a slight loss

- This loss maybe that cops are whitelisted and if you do something like rush in your fellow cops will report it and get you unwhitelisted. 

-  Don't personally agree with the whole "Criminals lose contraband so cops should lose something else monetary" because the cops do not make as much as criminals do except if the criminals choose to arm up with loads of weapons and everything and die quickly but initially, police do need to raid you so a possible change in raid rules for cops.

- Possibly the arms locker has a couple hundred dollar fee for m4s and same for SRU with all their guns.