Make the Police suffer loss
Neutral

I feel like it's pretty balanced, but then again I never base so just ignore what im saying

Maybe not give SRU an AWP or Shotgun but give them the option to equip it themselves if they want.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:75548000&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes ElonWuzhou's post:
  • Denn1s
I think removing the weapons locker or making all weapons paid would shift the balance too much, which is why I am against the old way of things.

Maybe weapon cooldowns or something. If you constantly get yourself killed or died recently with the M4/AWP/Shotgun equipped, you cannot use the gun for X amount of time, and instead, have to opt-in for SMGs & pistols or something.

It gives the cops more of a reason to value their life, as they can't just constantly pick the best equipment they want, so there is a compromise. But also at the same time, I would say it's better than removing the weapons locker or making paid weapons, as it still encourages cops to do their job instead of just being cannon fodder armed with just a pistol because of the weapon prices.

Though not a perfect system, as it would count RDM, CDM and such as deaths. But it would make Rambo cop a less desirable choice.
Also, cops might prefer the SMGs as standard patrol weapons and save M4s for raids / other important situations.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 4 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • General Rickets, Denn1s, RIC0H, bitchass
About 2 months ago I made suggestion that everytime you resupply at locker you have to pay for everything, but only 15%-25% of the price (pistols and basic equipment are free for police) but it got denied.
~ Equinox ~
(12-29-2018, 11:39 AM)TheSiphon Wrote: I think removing the weapons locker or making all weapons paid would shift the balance too much, which is why I am against the old way of things.

Maybe weapon cooldowns or something. If you constantly get yourself killed or died recently with the M4/AWP/Shotgun equipped, you cannot use the gun for X amount of time, and instead, have to opt-in for SMGs & pistols or something.

It gives the cops more of a reason to value their life, as they can't just constantly the best equipment they want, so there is a compromise. But also at the same time, I would say it's better than removing the weapons locker or making paid weapons, as it still encourages cops to do their job instead of just being cannon fodder armed with just a pistol because of the weapon prices.

Though not a perfect system, as it would count RDM, CDM and such as deaths. But it would make Rambo cop a less desirable choice.
Also, cops might prefer the SMGs as standard patrol weapons and save M4s for raids / other important situations.

I like this idea but like you said there's a fair amount of CDM at the best of times so it would be undesirable.

(12-29-2018, 11:50 AM)Equinox Wrote: About 2 months ago I made suggestion that everytime you resupply at locker you have to pay for everything, but only 15%-25% of the price (pistols and basic equipment are free for police) but it got denied.

I'd support a system like this it means that the police actually have to fork out for equipment instead of, like mentioned above, just running in and bunnyhopping around with the shotgun etc.

-Support while the Government force gets their stuff for free, you lot have way better equipment. Molotov, a variety of weapons (XM, Galil, etc). Just keep it like this.
Kind regards,
Weezy

[Image: X8prSQG.jpg]

(12-29-2018, 04:35 PM)Weezy_ Wrote: -Support while the Government force gets their stuff for free, you lot have way better equipment. Molotov, a variety of weapons (XM, Galil, etc). Just keep it like this.

Most of these weapons they can equip and have counterparts to, such as the Breach. This is still irrelevant to the point that is Police have no risk in rushing in and nothing stopping them, morally
(12-29-2018, 04:42 PM)*// Bacunt Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 04:35 PM)Weezy_ Wrote: -Support while the Government force gets their stuff for free, you lot have way better equipment. Molotov, a variety of weapons (XM, Galil, etc). Just keep it like this.

Most of these weapons they can equip and have counterparts to, such as the Breach. This is still irrelevant to the point that is Police have no risk in rushing in and nothing stopping them, morally

only braindeads would run in, I wouldn't because of 1. bullets flying towards my head and a lovely NLR timer at  that place.
Kind regards,
Weezy

[Image: X8prSQG.jpg]

In real life, government equipment would be funded by taxpayers etc.

Maybe taking equipment from the locker could take a toll on your salary, but whilst also providing the option to self-supply without this salary reduction.

By allowing government officials to self-supply their gear they are more likely to choose a gun they prefer that may not be in the armoury and therefore be less reckless.

Another possibility is making them pay for ammunition. They lose the ammo they purchase upon death.

Perhaps we could give the president a set salary and instead, tax is something they have to manage: If expenses (government equipment) outweigh the total income then there could be some sort of punish such as being raidable or something.
The following 2 users Like Obsidial's post:
  • General Rickets, mintblackbeard
+Support

I think we should revert to police having to buy heavy weaponry again but I think they should buy at reduced cost from the locker. Requiring police to buy for the same price gives too much incentive to just not engage in a raid. Why risk losing the gun without chance of gaining much monetarily. Criminals are protecting contraband and have a monetary incentive to fight back.

The right point I believe is somewhere between the two systems.
+support
I don’t think the police should get to choose between primary weapons, I feel that them having a ump by default as a primary weapon is enough (maybe even to much) and they can choose a pistol from the options that the police currently have, but the SRU should have the option of using a variety of primary weapons apart from the shotgun. The reason I say this is because shotgun rushing with a full team of SRU is really strong. That brings me on to my next point in which only the SRU sergeant can use the shotgun. It’s only a idea but I feel that shotguns are really strong against majority of bases. But making the government jobs pay for weapons I don’t think is a good alternative to this due to the fact that some people only do police Rp and the salary they get will be spent on weapons it’s not a fair solution for those players. But I guess you could allow police to use their own guns like the M4 but at the same price as any other player due to it’s not necessary for them to have that weapon but they can have it if they want it that bad. Also add m4 to SRU again.

I also agree with peoples points talking about how criminal jobs get access to all weapons and Molotov’s which is a big factor on why the police force shouldn’t be nerfed to harshly.
[Image: UZ60RFY.gif]