The Test Car Project
If im needed im willing to help out
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(12-21-2018, 11:57 PM)perqe Wrote: If im needed im willing to help out

Apply.
Why is the test car project a thing in the first place though? It's not needed in the slightest. It was needed back when I created the project to test for crashing issues. I shut it down when the crashing issues were fixed for good and the latest gmod update fixed it completely.

I get it's cool but why do we need people testing cars on the live server? Stats isn't a reason as that can be easily balanced on Beta by the team.

Maybe make the applications for beta testers for updates in general. Just so this doesn't go to waste.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-22-2018, 04:24 AM)Pollux Wrote: Why is the test car project a thing in the first place though? It's not needed in the slightest. It was needed back when I created the project to test for crashing issues. I shut it down when the crashing issues were fixed for good and the latest gmod update fixed it completely.

I get it's cool but why do we need people testing cars on the live server? Stats isn't a reason as that can be easily balanced on Beta by the team.

Maybe make the applications for beta testers for updates in general. Just so this doesn't go to waste.

Ngl that’s a good idea tbh
New cars first are being tested on the BETA.

When not completely sure, it will be tested on the live server as well.

A car responds differently on an empty server compared to a server with over 30 players.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • RoCKy, ImTheRealSparks, PhantomSolaris
(12-22-2018, 01:40 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: A car responds differently on an empty server compared to a server with over 30 players.

It doesn't though. The main issue when I started the test cars project was cars crashing people when there's a lot of players. This will 100% no longer happen due to a fix I applied while I was dev and a Garry's mod update which fixed all crashing related to high-poly models. While I get testing cars on live is cool, it has no practical purpose apart from showing off. Handling and things can be tested on Alpha with zero difference compared to main.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-22-2018, 02:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 01:40 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: A car responds differently on an empty server compared to a server with over 30 players.

It doesn't though. The main issue when I started the test cars project was cars crashing people when there's a lot of players. This will 100% no longer happen due to a fix I applied while I was dev and a Garry's mod update which fixed all crashing related to high-poly models. While I get testing cars on live is cool, it has no practical purpose apart from showing off. Handling and things can be tested on Alpha with zero difference compared to main.

I see where Soul is coming from.

However, one thing i can agree with is that people are just using the vehicles to show off a little, instead of roleplaying you're just seeing them driving up to everyone in sight and revving the vehicle.

But the pros way out the cons this way will get the community involved and it gives them an insight on the development at FL i think its pretty cool.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Bobby Shmicki
Denied my app and frost's app Because it was ¨full¨ but then 5 hours later or something you accept like another app because its probably ur friend and then you accept like 5 more later lol, this is so unprofessional.
[Image: gn3iiwj]
(01-10-2019, 03:15 PM)Julern Wrote: Denied my app and frost's app Because it was ¨full¨   but then 5 hours later or something you accept like another app because its probably ur friend and then you accept like 5 more later lol, this is so unprofessional.

Then again, it looks like a general response and probably there are other reasons.

You two aren’t the most mature of people so I can see why you didn’t get it.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Zona
(01-11-2019, 08:12 AM)Lewwings Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 03:15 PM)Julern Wrote: Denied my app and frost's app Because it was ¨full¨   but then 5 hours later or something you accept like another app because its probably ur friend and then you accept like 5 more later lol, this is so unprofessional.

Then again, it looks like a general response and probably there are other reasons.

You two aren’t the most mature of people so I can see why you didn’t get it.

oh so the admins are lying in threads? saying that their full when they arent? this has nothing to do with us its just about all the lies arny tell, im trying to contact me ingame but he even ignores me there.
[Image: gn3iiwj]