What do you guys think + or - ?
I'm inactive since Finncolon is banned and the demotion of Pollux. 
I will come back tonight but yeah to me the server is almost dead
[Image: ne-inqui%C3%A8te-pas-%C3%A7a-va-bien-se-passer.gif]
The following 2 users Like Alertecobra27's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Pollux
I decided to leave due to lack of roleplay, the game is also very very repetitive.
(11-16-2018, 11:14 AM)Yonno Wrote: If Fearless were to hop over to S&Box once its available to the public, it would mean that Soul would have to be as involved as he initially was when he first started Fearless. I assume a lot of things would be put up for discussion if things were to be made from scratch. 

This alongside the fact that it's a whole new engine, I highly doubt the current development team has extensive knowledge to create a gamemode from scratch in a new code. You can say they can try and learn, but it's voluntary. 

Best thing Soul could do at that point is invest money into hiring developers to create a base gamemode, but I'm not entirely sure just how much time and money Soul would be willing to put into a "dying project" he initiated almost 10 years ago. I'm sure he still cares dearly about the community regardless of his activity, but all things do come to an end sometime. 

Nonetheless while I think S&Box will take a while and I dont have too much faith in a new gamemode coming on the new engine, it would most likely be the most positive looking future solution.

I believe the plan is more to capture the players that stay with gmod. Not everyone is going to go over to S&Box as it will lack content for a while, involves buying a new game (depends on what they price it at) and it also requires a better PC. So instead of switching to S&Box, I think they'll likely try and capture the players who stick with gmod as there will be less competition in terms of other servers. In the end S&Box won't kill gmod, just reduce it's population.

Me and Broccoli did discuss S&Box while we were devs and did say we're going to mess around in it once it's out, but we're both out of the team now and I have no clue if the remaining team are up for it or not.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-16-2018, 11:14 AM)Yonno Wrote: If Fearless were to hop over to S&Box once its available to the public, it would mean that Soul would have to be as involved as he initially was when he first started Fearless. I assume a lot of things would be put up for discussion if things were to be made from scratch. 

This alongside the fact that it's a whole new engine, I highly doubt the current development team has extensive knowledge to create a gamemode from scratch in a new code. You can say they can try and learn, but it's voluntary. 

Best thing Soul could do at that point is invest money into hiring developers to create a base gamemode, but I'm not entirely sure just how much time and money Soul would be willing to put into a "dying project" he initiated almost 10 years ago. I'm sure he still cares dearly about the community regardless of his activity, but all things do come to an end sometime. 

Nonetheless while I think S&Box will take a while and I dont have too much faith in a new gamemode coming on the new engine, it would most likely be the most positive looking future solution.

Hit the nail on the head. Shame it will never happen though. Soul has no ambition for the server.
Server is dying, not gonna lie. If something don’t change now then it’s fucked. No one listens to the player base.
The following 2 users Like Sentinel's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Rumbleâ„¢
(11-16-2018, 02:22 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 11:14 AM)Yonno Wrote: -snip-

I believe the plan is more to capture the players that stay with gmod. Not everyone is going to go over to S&Box as it will lack content for a while, involves buying a new game (depends on what they price it at) and it also requires a better PC. -snip-

I meannnn, it hardly matters because people with mid to high end setups still play the server with 20 FPS..?
(11-18-2018, 03:25 AM)Agorith Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 02:22 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 11:14 AM)Yonno Wrote: -snip-

I believe the plan is more to capture the players that stay with gmod. Not everyone is going to go over to S&Box as it will lack content for a while, involves buying a new game (depends on what they price it at) and it also requires a better PC. -snip-

I meannnn, it hardly matters because people with mid to high end setups still play the server with 20 FPS..?

I know but Garry's Mod in general has way lower system requirements than S&Box (Source vs UE4). Not everyone plays Garry's Mod with a gaming PC.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
There is very little to do, fearless is kinda just grinding for cars cause its all there to spend money on
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
The following 2 users Like dawson270500's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, juicyorange