Poll: Should a rank similar to Teacher be brought back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes bring back teacher.
60.87%
42 60.87%
No I do not think it should.
36.23%
25 36.23%
I am unsure.
2.90%
2 2.90%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Teacher Vote
I'm still slightly confused by the fact that people say "there's no point in roleplaying" on a roleplay server.
While incentives are nice, it's still the entire point of the server. 

Roleplay is 100% player-driven. You are in control of the quality and quantity of roleplay.

You shouldn't need a special role to stimulate people to roleplay on a roleplay server. If it would be the case, then that means that some people are perhaps just part of the wrong community. 
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 4 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Huskii, Spartan_KCT, Joe Joe, Grunt
(10-16-2018, 07:32 AM)Yonno Wrote: I'm still slightly confused by the fact that people say "there's no point in roleplaying" on a roleplay server.
While incentives are nice, it's still the entire point of the server. 

Roleplay is 100% player-driven. You are in control of the quality and quantity of roleplay.

You shouldn't need a special role to stimulate people to roleplay on a roleplay server. If it would be the case, then that means that some people are perhaps just part of the wrong community. 

Before I left I roleplayed but literally no one else roleplayed anymore, they said it was pointless, so by what you are saying 90% of the community aren’t in the right community.
I’ve never had a point from a teacher.
Certain players did get points too easily, some teachers just gave them to their friends.
But atm it is too hard, no staff even watches roleplay for long enough.
As long as teachers are regulated then I think it is a good thing to have.
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • Andrew Juniperfield
I think one of the main reasons why people want the rank back is because initially when it was first introduced it was manned by people exceptionally passionate about RP. Ofc everyone on the server wants to RP and they were a good role model in setting a prescedence for everyone.

As time went on though the rank turned more into a status to satisfy epeene and seen as a gateway to admin which is why I can see why it was removed.

Not saying that you had to be a teacher to do great RP, but they typically were hosting very involved RP's (at least they did before I left for a while in 2017). I think they also lowered the load off of admins to administrate the server and stop minges by promoting RP. Now if admin activity increased then it would have a similar effect that teachers did imo

There appears to be a real stigma against the teacher rank by staff but they appear to be very favoured by quite a few members of the community which is interesting.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • Huskii
(10-15-2018, 08:31 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 08:25 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 08:19 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 07:40 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 07:30 PM)Tomo Wrote: There's nothing immature about it. Don't you value honesty?

I just find sad how you ignore what the community wants. Btw I didn't know the word honesty exists in your vocabulary

Oh Dimitris fuck off.

Not "half the community" wants this back, only half of those who have voted. There is nothing wrong with Tomo's response so stop starting shit. I know you want attention and think the SAs are mega-abusers, but seriously keep it out of here, nobody wants to see your steaming pile of shit "argument".

Get woke or go broke.

I know you want to lick the SA's ass but trust me it won't get you anything. Just get off my dick child Tomo is a big boy let him talk for himself.

Oh please, you think I'm that low in life that I lick other people for online authority? Get over yourself. I'm taking you head on because all you do is rant and moan uselessly, the fact that you had to use a personal insult to me to make a "point" proves you have no substance to use.

If you wish to continue this, let's take it to PM, because this is a dumb argument.

edit - didn't see awes comment, whoops

Take it to PM? I have more important things to do buddy.
(10-16-2018, 10:23 AM)Grunt Wrote: I think one of the main reasons why people want the rank back is because initially when it was first introduced it was manned by people exceptionally passionate about RP. Ofc everyone on the server wants to RP and they were a good role model in setting a prescedence for everyone.

As time went on though the rank turned more into a status to satisfy epeene and seen as a gateway to admin which is why I can see why it was removed.

Not saying that you had to be a teacher to do great RP, but they typically were hosting very involved RP's (at least they did before I left for a while in 2017). I think they also lowered the load off of admins to administrate the server and stop minges by promoting RP. Now if admin activity increased then it would have a similar effect that teachers did imo

There appears to be a real stigma against the teacher rank by staff but they appear to be very favoured by quite a few members of the community which is interesting.

Honestly people need to stop saying Teacher was a gateway to Administrator because while players might have seen it this way, staff has never seen it as such.
The following 2 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Dimitris, Spartan_KCT
teacher is a gateway to admin!!
Worthless to bring up Teachers in a thread like this.

If you are going to teach someone how to play Fearless, why should a tag define you as a person who can? Everyone can help anyone in the server, I have gone by fine helping my fair share of players learn how to play the server, after hours of experiencing OOC questions with plentiful amounts of answers there is really no need for the role anymore, sure they could give out RPPs but that's why admins have that power. Also it stops them being given out 'willy nilly' because RPPs are given out for -EXCEPTIONAL- Roleplay. Having so many people with that power is overwhelming, I know my first RPP was given out by a Teacher but that's not my choice if he gave me it. The power should be given to the fewer people (admins) who deserve and control the power with maturity.
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
I personally really liked the teacher rank.
Mainly because they were able to give out rpp.
Cause let’s me honest here. Who doesn’t remember RP’ing in their low hours, and a teacher would walk into your rp. How excited you’d get, cause you know there is a chance you’d get an rpp.

Teacher were a big part of the encouragement towards passive rp, and since the rank got removed, a decline in passive rp happened. Cause the chance that you’d get an rpp, goes down. And now you can say don’t rp for rpp bla bla, but that’s bullshit. Most people rp for the rpp, and there’s nothing wrong with that either.
And yes they’re given out of exceptional rp and all. But that doesn’t mean that one dude who’s doing some great rp in his food stand shouldn’t be able to get an rpp because it’s not actually exceptional enough.
I also feel like teacher actually got more involved into rp’s, and gave the rp that final push to make it rpp worthy. Like create a certain situation where the player went beyond his comfort zone, but came out doing a better rp.

That some of the reasons I think it’s a shame the teacher rank is gone

The following 8 users Like Willem de Walrus's post:
  • Chumps, Spartan_KCT, Luna, Violet DE Kittie, Grunt, Grape, Agorith, Wolven