Lack of Roleplay?
Everyone is responsible to an extent. For a prolonged period of time it has been the case that the average standard of people's RP capabilities, or atlease the one they demonstrate is poor. Many plays, myself included greatly prefer RP that involve other players character. If the majority of players do not RP, or RP well enough it begins a downwards spiral were more capable RPs lose their motivation to RP very few actually keep a character going. And it continues to spiral.

The fact that the average player doesn't RP is not due to the withdrawal of the teachers. It is an issue that has pre-exsisted the removal by a significant amount of time.
Roleplay points are not a solution, very few people are still motivated by a meaningless mear point.
Some amount of blame also lies with the staff team, due to the nature of the operation we require some level human admission intervention to facilitate a decent standard of RP. Which is something I'm told is being resolved.

But as many have said we as a community have a massive influence over the experience we have when we play. The constant inward fighting, arguing, petty PRing is a cancer; purdent to remove.
If everyone that moaned and complained about the staff team stopped and instead invested their time into developing their RP characters there would be a dramatic difference.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Kimpow
If teacher isn't coming back staff need to be briefed on starting to look at RP's more, conduct RP's more, and reward for RP's more.
I used to enjoy roleplay a lot more when I had less hours, there was more to aim for and more people were participating. Now it's just a bit boring, another point is another point to me, there's no real incentive (and it doesn't help when no one else is interested so no one visits your RP). You could argue that "you shouldn't roleplay for points" but get real. Ofc I enjoyed roleplaying, but everyone wants the exclusive items. Now I just participate in more aggresive RP (when I come on).

As for the teacher rank, the main purpose of it in my eyes was to answer questions the players had and to help new people start off etc, but everyone now sees the ex-teachers as the 'RRP distributors rank' which wasn't the main function of it IMO, but I don't blame people for viewing them in this way as they're not really handed out anymore by staff.

I am not sure what the criteria is really when it comes to handing out points, but I see great, simple roleplays that don't get recognised. Something obviously needs to change.
The following 1 user Likes Kippsee's post:
  • mintblackbeard
Roleplay in modern-era is perceived differently.
Times change, FL's prime time obviously was the golden time to play. Community changes, staff changes, everything changes in transition.

There's only a few people who can get it back to it's feet, and that is the community members still who are still active, want to bring back the prime time, the nostalgic feeling from the past. If any of the staff members of course wish to help those people who want to revive the old times, it might happen, or atleast get closer to that sooner.
In the end it's the community that makes it happen, and it has to start with just few people, who are not willing to give up with it.

My two cents.
Personally I think it has to do partly with the lack of any reward. I have seen some very good roleplaying lately and even if there is staff around it seems nobody ever really gets any reinforcement. Given not every RP can be given credit, but I feel the passerby's who participate in these roleplay experiences out of choice are taking notes on whether it is good RP or not (for their own future events), and a lot of people I feel look to if someone gets an RP point for it or not. Being that, I feel like a lot of people aren't seeing the point in doing it. Yeah it's fun and all to do your own RP, but seeing someone get credit for their time and effort into making it enjoyable for everyone else is what really gives people inspiration to keep doing it.
Respectfully,

Hooter
ah fearless
dead server lol
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • Dragnort_
Not assed

-Removed by Steven8ken