The staff team
There's rarely any admins on, at least not when I'm on. Even if they do come on, they either take a couple of sits, punish some massive rulebreaker, or simply RP. In almost 430 hours playtime I think I've only been in about 3 sits in-game, yet did a lot of PRs or just witnessed lots of rule breaks without doing anything. Now I know that the staff team have their own lives out of the server and that they have much more important things to do than solve our problems on Garry's Mod but something should be done to prevent rule breakers and to make sure everyone's having a good time while on the server. There's alot of rule breaks whenever I'm on and there's not much I can do since there's never any admins on, and I'd rather quit the server and go play something else when I get to that point where I'm so annoyed, rather than wasting my time on posting a PR on someone. In my opinion the admins are doing a great job administrating the server, because it's not easy at all and it takes alot of effort, but there's only a few of them so there's not much they can do. It'd be great if the staff team would be expanded, and why not opening staff applications for a while (i know that sounds so darkrpish but it's not really a bad idea), having requirements, so not everyone could apply, like for example having over 1000h, less than 5 bans or something similar to that, and only hire a few active players who are trusted and won't start being inactive once they get their rank. It would help the server alot, having different admins who play on different timezones so the server is never left without staff. Solving problems would be much easier for both the staff and the players. I personally haven't joined the server many times recently, but whenever I'm on I'll get so annoyed cause there's not much I can do about rule breakers and I'd rather not waste my time PRing, and I'm sure alot of people feel like this aswell.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
The following 2 users Like Aryen's post:
  • ElonWuzhou, mark2766
[Image: 6a00d8341c652b53ef013480307733970c-800wi]
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 7 users Like MasterNoda's post:
  • JackZ, aDisabledDeer, Ludo, Agorith, Nuka, Marty, Budy
“Hey look at me guys, I’m active. Give me staff”

The following 2 users Like Willem de Walrus's post:
  • DramaLlama, Narcotic
(10-04-2018, 05:09 PM)Willem de Walrus Wrote: “Hey look at me guys, I’m active. Give me staff”

It's not really like that lol, what I meant is that the admins could decide who they could add to the team and being active is one of the main requirements. You're expected to know all the rules, etc if you have over 1000 hours but activity is what's more important imo. If there were staff apps the admins could see who was actually interested in becoming staff and it would be much easier for them to pick some to add to the team.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
The following 1 user Likes Aryen's post:
  • mark2766
As Noda put, This is a broken record thread.

May i just add real quick, Staff being active in-game isn't a requirement, as long as they are community active, (forum, discord etc) then i see no problem, as then if there's a mass rule breakage they can simply log in and ban or ban from the AdminCP, minor rule breakages can be handled in reports.

It's a shame that admins can't handle reports without evidence though, Taking simple PoV's from everyone involved always gets to the bottom of the situation. Maybe suggest things like this instead of trying to force people in game, if they don't play it's clearly not a priority for them.

It also doesn't help that there's not much great candidates for trial mod nowadays, except for me obviously.
The following 3 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Zona, James, Spartan_KCT
Opening applications is a really, really, really bad idea.
You are aware that about 6 years ago staff applications did exist, right?
The following 2 users Like Forgee's post:
  • Lewwings, DramaLlama
(10-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Forgee Wrote: Opening applications is a really, really, really bad idea.

You’ve read back on it, cool. What you do not know because you weren’t here at that time was that 25% of the people that did apply were great choices, some even leading great communities themselves later on.

Put any ego aside and open up admin applications again, give people that are not too much involved in the staff circle jerk a chance.
this is another one of those threads lol
The following 2 users Like juicyorange's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Zulu
(10-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Forgee Wrote: Opening applications is a really, really, really bad idea.

Cant be worse then the shitshow the playerbase has been experiencing the past few weeks. 
Literally right now there is massCDM going on, cars are shot left and right and the only passiveRP (done by Jessica) going on was just raided by a group of rebels who was bored.

I rather have poorly experienced admins then no admins at all.
The following 4 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Zona, Jessixa, Aryen, ElonWuzhou
So.. you want to apply for staff?
The following 4 users Like DVN's post:
  • god, Jessixa, James, Zulu