The staff team
(10-11-2018, 03:40 PM)Random Wrote: I love how certain people speak as if they know anything about being a staff member. The only ones who truly understand what it is like are Ex Staff members.. Even so, the staff team is constantly changing in ways I can not discuss.. so really, only the current staff team knows what it is like at this very moment.

As for when it comes to activity, yes, it can be poor at times, but keep in mind; they are not machines. There are duties to be done in ''the real world'' that sometimes (Often) overshadows FL. I can simply speak for myself, but sometimes FL would be a little bit much to focus on, in comparison to all the more important stuff that is going on in my life right now (hence why I resigned..) I can see why the staff is inactive, it is not easy. Does that mean they should resign? No.

I believe in the staff team. Constantly bringing up the activity issue is pointless, it has been said a million times already. Give it time.

When the entire administrative staff team don't even come on for more than 15 minutes just to issue a ban or stop wave 420 of a prop-kill mayhem for many weeks, then it is an issue. 

The bullshit argument of "I have a life, I'm busy" simply does not apply, did you see the server in August? Oh wait, you weren't on, neither were the majority of the team. This is beyond not having the time, this is plain neglect.

And you really expecting us to eat that excuse up? Again? Oh, we have given it time: 3 months actually.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 3 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Grunt, Wolven, Aryen
(10-11-2018, 03:53 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 03:40 PM)Random Wrote: I love how certain people speak as if they know anything about being a staff member. The only ones who truly understand what it is like are Ex Staff members.. Even so, the staff team is constantly changing in ways I can not discuss.. so really, only the current staff team knows what it is like at this very moment.

As for when it comes to activity, yes, it can be poor at times, but keep in mind; they are not machines. There are duties to be done in ''the real world'' that sometimes (Often) overshadows FL. I can simply speak for myself, but sometimes FL would be a little bit much to focus on, in comparison to all the more important stuff that is going on in my life right now (hence why I resigned..) I can see why the staff is inactive, it is not easy. Does that mean they should resign? No.

I believe in the staff team. Constantly bringing up the activity issue is pointless, it has been said a million times already. Give it time.

When the entire administrative staff team don't even come on for more than 15 minutes just to issue a ban or stop wave 420 of a prop-kill mayhem for many weeks, then it is an issue. 

The bullshit argument of "I have a life, I'm busy" simply does not apply, did you see the server in August? Oh wait, you weren't on, neither were the majority of the team. This is beyond not having the time, this is plain neglect.

And you really expecting us to eat that excuse up? Again? Oh, we have given it time: 3 months actually.

Exactly, i really don't understand this whole stigma of "leave me alone i have stuff to do like work etc" okay great, then resign from your voluntary job of being a server administrator. Plenty of people have jobs etc and come on in moderation like myself, but there are people who have a lot more free time on the server and who would therefore actually be able to administrate. Its literally been a massive issue since the summer began and its not getting any better at all, even the new trial admins are hardly on too. Whenever its brought up its always shut down with "we're dealing with it", "we have other commitments" but its all talk and no action. The only person recently who's actually realised the issue is Random with his resignation because he has other commitments which is why other staff members should resign as the inactivity hasn't risen since the end of the summer holiday like it was foreshadowed too.
The following 7 users Like Grunt's post:
  • Lewwings, aDisabledDeer, Envy, Huskii, Baskingner, Wolven, Aryen
(10-11-2018, 03:50 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: If you are referring to me, I have to disagree with you. I've never stated that I know what it is like to be a staff member. I've just told what I think about the whole situation.

Not referring to you specifically.

(10-11-2018, 04:00 PM)Grunt Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 03:40 PM)Random Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip- 
The only person recently who's actually realised the issue is Random with his resignation because he has other commitments which is why other staff members should resign as the inactivity hasn't risen since the end of the summer holiday like it was foreshadowed too.

I agree, if you don't have the time, resign.. However it is quite difficult to give up the rank, I was thinking about resigning a month ago (Infact I wrote my resignation a month ago..).. Especially when you really want to come on, but simply can't.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 5 users Like Random's post:
  • Grunt, Spartan_KCT, Pollux, Wolven, mintblackbeard
(10-11-2018, 04:09 PM)Random Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 03:50 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: If you are referring to me, I have to disagree with you. I've never stated that I know what it is like to be a staff member. I've just told what I think about the whole situation.

-snip-

-snip- 
The only person recently who's actually realised the issue is Random with his resignation because he has other commitments which is why other staff members should resign as the inactivity hasn't risen since the end of the summer holiday like it was foreshadowed too.

I agree, if you don't have the time, resign.. However it is quite difficult to give up the rank, I was thinking about resigning a month ago (Infact I wrote my resignation a month ago..).. Especially when you really want to come on, but simply can't.

Seriously Random. How hard is it to step down from a position on an online gaming community.

Please explain, I either am very dumb or what you said makes no sense.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

-snip-

-snip- 

Not to be that guy but this comment made me laugh, the end but specifically.
You cannot give up power on a Garry's Mod community because you're worried you'll become a figure of the past being replaced by a new fresh face who is apraised for actually coming on to do the job they took. Having a life is great and the players do not ask for all 11 administrators (or how ever many there is) to all come online at the same time. All we ask is for 2 or 3 hours a day from the administrators. That could be split between them all, so in reality an admin is only coming online for 2 hours a week, once a week. However, we only get that once every month or so.
Imo, they should do what you did. You saw your commitments as a priority so got rid of something that could have been getting in the way. Power gives ego, hence why they don't want to let go.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 6 users Like BasicallyMental's post:
  • Huskii, Lewwings, Grunt, Pollux, Wolven, Aryen
Hi, if anyone is looking to hire some demoted boy, hmu. I’ll try to say quite this time

The following 7 users Like Willem de Walrus's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Lewwings, Grunt, Spartan_KCT, Random, Wolven, Aryen
(10-11-2018, 05:02 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:

-snip-

-snip- 

You cannot give up power on a Garry's Mod community because you're worried you'll become a figure of the past being replaced by a new fresh face who is apraised for actually coming on to do the job they took. Having a life is great and the players do not ask for all 11 administrators (or how ever many there is) to all come online at the same time. All we ask is for 2 or 3 hours a day from the administrators. That could be split between them all, so in reality an admin is only coming online for 2 hours a week, once a week. However, we only get that once every month or so.

Imo, they should do what you did. You saw your commitments as a priority so got rid of something that could have been getting in the way. Power gives ego, hence why they don't want to let go.

What a shitty attitude you have about it lol. You're taking words out of his mouth to simply twist them into your opinion lmao. Giving up the position is much like leaving the community, you've done that before, haven't you? It's not an easy "yay or nay" question, it does need a lot of thinking. When I resigned back in January I had thought about it for at least two weeks, and talked with a lot of people about it.

It has nothing to do with "being replaced with a new fresh face", people volunteer to help, they should not be hammered or insulted for having prioritized their actual real life. I'm pretty sure you out of all people should know that...

Now, BasicallyMental, you talk about this subject as if you've been a staff member before... Well, I hate to break it to you, but you haven't, so please stop trying to be a "know it all". You really do forget that it is a voluntary job that you agreed to, not a duty or otherwise.

And what the fuck kind of statement is "Power gives ego, hence why they don't want to let go.", you have absolutely NO idea about this. Some people are, that does not include everyone else. People have a hard time resigning because you would in most cases leave Fearless behind, which is a big thing if you've played for multiple years, take me as an example.

Now, I've not read much on this thread, so I don't know if it's been said before, but please shut up if you don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry for my attitude, but people don't appreciate the admins, even when they're working their arses off to do something for the players. Voluntarily. Been there, done that.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The following 4 users Like Jonas's post:
  • Jessixa, Spartan_KCT, Random, mintblackbeard
(10-11-2018, 05:48 PM)Jonas Wrote:

(10-11-2018, 03:53 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: -snip-

-snip- 

What a shitty attitude you have about it lol. You're taking words out of his mouth to simply twist them into your opinion lmao. Giving up the position is much like leaving the community, you've done that before, haven't you? It's not an easy "yay or nay" question, it does need a lot of thinking. When I resigned back in January I had thought about it for at least two weeks, and talked with a lot of people about it.

It has nothing to do with "being replaced with a new fresh face", people volunteer to help, they should not be hammered or insulted for having prioritized their actual real life. I'm pretty sure you out of all people should know that...

Now, BasicallyMental, you talk about this subject as if you've been a staff member before... Well, I hate to break it to you, but you haven't, so please stop trying to be a "know it all". You really do forget that it is a voluntary job that you agreed to, not a duty or otherwise.

And what the fuck kind of statement is "Power gives ego, hence why they don't want to let go.", you have absolutely NO idea about this. Some people are, that does not include everyone else. People have a hard time resigning because you would in most cases leave Fearless behind, which is a big thing if you've played for multiple years, take me as an example.

Now, I've not read much on this thread, so I don't know if it's been said before, but please shut up if you don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry for my attitude, but people don't appreciate the admins, even when they're working their arses off to do something for the players. Voluntarily. Been there, done that.

Ya know what, mr, yes it is a really shitty attitude. Wanna know why? Because myself and all of the other players have been suffering for the past three months of shit on the server. We have been reading since the beginning of summer "Things are changing" "We are dealing with it" however still no change. It's frustrating.
Now common Jonas man, you even admitted to not bothering to read the thread. Most of my reply was a general response, some of it was aimed at the part that Random wrote.

I know I have never been staff and not at all do I talk as though I know. You do not join the servers, how an earth would you know if the team have become egotistical or not? I have enough of an idea on who has grown an ego and let the power get to them because as a community member is rubbs off. Massively.
Don't get me started on twisting words mr because at no point did i even mention leaving the community, I mentioned giving up the role and at no point does becoming a Veteran at all mean you have to leave the community? A lot of veterans come back and play. Lesanka is a brilliant example of this. Yes I left the community and then came back two years later, however, this is not my point what so ever. Some veterans have come back and I still am confused where you got leaving the community from.

If becoming an FL staff member is just voluntary, answer me this: why an earth is everything so strick. Why do they not take on new people? And don't give me the bullshit excuse of there isn't any candidates, the staff don't come online to look, don't monitor, don't give people a chance. Being a volunteer is giving up your time to do something out of your own will, where do you see them giving up time? Maybe they have given up time in the past which as a community we greatly appreciate however they no longer have the time to give up and so should had that position to someone else who can give up their time to administrate the servers. The community have a tendancy to appreciate the staff team when it is deserved. When they were active, giving up time they were massively appreciated and we relyed on staff, however the staff are not on to appreciate anymore. Nor do we have anything to rely on because even player reports are barely answered.
I'll give you an example, just to help you out: Staff Member A comes online, bans some minges, answers some PR's however Staff Member B argues on the forums and shows off his power. We don't see any of Staff member A anymore so cannot appreciate them. All we see as a community is Staff member B.

Quick side note; Attitude on attitude doesn't fix shit.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
(10-11-2018, 03:50 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

(10-11-2018, 03:53 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: -snip-

-snip- 
-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Oh boohoo.

While I somewhat agree with the whole resigning part, it still doesn't justify the clear inactivity.
I get it, some people get very attached to Fearless over a substantial amount of time, it's not always as easy to leave it in the past, it wasn't all that easy for me either.
Luckily there are those that ARE willing to realise the right thing to do after consistent inactivity is to resign.

Resigning does not equal to leaving the community as a whole.
With some staff member's consistent inactivity levels, they've pretty much already left Fearless that way.
The only thing they can't easily let go are the tools and benefits of being an administrator.
Being an administrator is so much easier than being a regular member..
Someone's minging and ruining your experience on the server? You got the tools to deal with it right away.
Regular members don't have it so easy, especially in the past few months from what I can gather.
Pure consistent mingery is RUINING their objective to relax and have fun after a long day of school/work.
It'd be one thing if it were a small amount of the community complaining, but from my perspective, it's more of a majority.

There will always be a certain amount of members that won't like you when you're both staff and regular member, sounds like you had a tough time dealing with that.
It goes with the job, I'm personally glad there's people so passionate about Fearless they really want to get their point across for the benefit of all.
Sure, some people really do talk out of their ass and it can get annoying, but you know there's a sweet middle line there you can agree with, if it weren't for the fact people are 'bashing' on your friends.

There's nothing too hard about being an administrator alright, and the point remains that the community clearly wants a more active staff team.

1. Either enlarge it, open staff applications that the current staff themselves can CAREFULLY pick members out of.
2. Massively improve current activity of the average staff member.
3. Keep the recruitment system the way it is, force resign some highly consistently inactive staff members, and recruit new potential.

The point is, people are tired of hearing "Give it some time", "We're currently working on improving the situation".
They want actual action to be taken.
At this point in time, I believe this should be a #1 priority.
The following 4 users Like Agorith's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Grunt, Huskii, Spartan_KCT
(10-11-2018, 06:31 PM)Agorith Wrote:

(10-11-2018, 04:00 PM)Grunt Wrote: -snip- 

-Snip-

-Snip-

-snip-

I get it, some people get very attached to Fearless over a substantial amount of time, it's not always as easy to leave it in the past, it wasn't all that easy for me either.
Luckily there are those that ARE willing to realise the right thing to do after consistent inactivity is to resign.

-snip-

This summed it up BasicallyMental
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 2 users Like Random's post:
  • Jonas, BasicallyMental